PDA

View Full Version : Sailormoon

merylsilverburg
Mar 28th, 2002, 06:22 PM
Okay, okay....I know everyone here is probably thinking, "Omigod, what the hell?" But, this is a picture of Usagi/Serena from Sailormoon. Why did I draw this pic? A friend of mine is in love with this anime, so she wanted me to draw her a picture of Sailormoon, but when I did, she didn't want it anymore, because she found someone else to draw it for her. :disturb: So, here I have this picture I drew, just last year. I ACTUALLY USED COLOR! :happy: I used colored pencils and the picture.....I didn't trace it, but I drew from the original artwork, so please don't think I traced it. Okay, here it is, any comments or suggestions are welcomed!

Sailormoon:
http://communities.msn.com/Ps2Fantasy/artwork.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=40

Carlito
Mar 28th, 2002, 06:27 PM
I've read in the other threads you're bad with colors!
I don't think you're bad at all meryl!
It's a dreamy pic thanks to colors and very well drawn!

merylsilverburg
Mar 28th, 2002, 06:49 PM
Thanks Carlito. But, the colors were really good only because I looked off on the original artwork with the colorings on it, so I just followed the placement of where to put the colors. I hope that made sense....:p :laugh:

Carlito
Mar 28th, 2002, 06:50 PM
Even when looking at original artworks, not many people are good in placing colors, shading and so on, so I think you made an excellent work :)

merylsilverburg
Mar 28th, 2002, 06:55 PM
Hmmm.....I never thought about it that way....well, thank you very much for your compliment. :happy:

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 28th, 2002, 08:49 PM
Thats a great pic!

Soul Angel
Mar 29th, 2002, 09:51 AM
That's really good Merly
Keep it up! ;)

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 29th, 2002, 03:32 PM
I like it i think it looks very very nice keep up the cool drawings

Rei
Mar 29th, 2002, 07:35 PM
Even though I don't like Sailor Moon that much, I must say your colored drawing is very nice!
Just a minor suggestion: maybe her arms look a bit too thin.
But the colors and the pic in general are really impressive :)

MakgSnake
Mar 29th, 2002, 08:20 PM
Well, I Have No Idea About Sailor Moon And All...But I Really Liked The Picture. Its Beautiful Meryl.. And Yeah...Nice Frock!.!

merylsilverburg
Mar 29th, 2002, 08:22 PM
Thanks everyone! :) Hmm.....I guess the thin arms are another flaw about this picture. I know I made a lot of mistakes, including the high forehead...:p But thank you for telling me, Rei. :) I guess I drew the arms a little too thin while I was looking at the original pic. :laugh: All of Sailormoon's characters have very thin everything, so I guess I made her look a little anorexic! :laugh:

Rei
Mar 29th, 2002, 10:37 PM
Don't worry meryl! I'm terrible when it comes to drawing, even very simple outlines and stuff like this!
I think you're very good at drawing, and I'm always wondering how you guys can do things like that!

Pu the Owl
Mar 30th, 2002, 10:05 AM
That's a wonderful Sailor Moon piccie!
You did a great job with colored pencils!
I'm so envious! I suck at using them! :weep:

Cannibal Clown
Mar 30th, 2002, 06:41 PM
Holy crap! That is really good!

It reminds me of the first sailor moon pic I did. It sucked, but anyways, you did an awesome job. And the coloring is great.

Don't ever put yourself down about coloring, because you are very good!

merylsilverburg
Mar 30th, 2002, 06:53 PM
Well, thank you guys, for saying I'm good with coloring, even though I still think I'm not very good. :right: Yeah, I have all these other Sailormoon pics that I drew when I was crazy about it. They're not very good, because they were my earlier works and they're not colored either. Ah, well, thanks again guys! :happy:

Cannibal Clown
Apr 1st, 2002, 09:25 PM
Would you shut the f*ck up! I mean it. You are far better of a drawer than you give yourself credit for. Stop *****ing about your drawings. I personally thing that you have the best anime pics here than anyone else on the forum, and if you don't stop whining about yourself not being good enough, I'm going to jump through your computer screen and kick your ass! So knock it off!

Most of us would give anything to be able to draw as well as you, and when you say that your art sucks, it's like insulting us. You're too good to be complaining! You're tyhe kinda person I look up to, wishing that I could be as good as you! And when you say things like that, I feel bad, for myself and for you. It's too sad.

Even though I do give comments on your work, that's just because I'm comparing it to the stuff that comes from Japan, and is televised, and is worth millions of dollars round the world!

So please don't put yourself down like that. You have an unbelievable talent, and when you diss yourself life that, it depresses me.

merylsilverburg
Apr 2nd, 2002, 11:55 PM
Omigod, I'm sorry! :( I didn't know that I'm actually depressing people when I say I'm not good! I honestly don't mean to insult anyone or act like a snooty b****, because I honestly don't feel like I'm good. But, that's pretty mean to say, Cannibal, that I have the best anime pics than anyone else on the forum. Everyone on here is good, in their own style and way. I'm happy when I see others drawings because it makes me happy to see their passion in their works, and I can tell. So, please don't say I'm the best. I don't mind any comments or suggestions, but just don't insult anyone else, by saying I'm the best. I'm not mad at you, but I just think you should be more fair towards others. :) Anyway, Cannibal, I'm happy to hear that you look up to me, but you know what? You are a GOOD artist too. I mean it, really, you are very talented at drawing, and I'm pretty sure your drawings will get so much better than they already are. It just takes practice! I mean.....back in 1998 when I started getting into anime/manga, my drawings were....really....they weren't good. But, now....since anime/manga has expanded drastically, I was able to view it more and study even more mangas and practice from them. That's how I got better. Plus, I can tell you're really passionate about anime/manga and drawing, and trust me...if you have that, you'll definitely improve. That's sorta like an inspiration....a muse you can say. Really, don't give up and don't let my drawings get you down. Hell....I'm reading so many mangas and I still get envious because the real mangakas are SO MUCH BETTER THAN ME! And, I'm also envious at some of the other artists on this forum because their drawings have that one thing, that I can never get. Positions, colors, etc. But, don't let this get you down, I'm just saying. But again, thank you, Cannibal. I'm truly happy to hear that you really enjoy my drawings. :weep: :happy:

Cannibal Clown
Apr 6th, 2002, 05:34 PM
I didn't mean to insult anyone either when I said you were the best.

It's just that I really do think that of the drawings that you have posted, I think that they are almost just as good as the actual "mangaka no" in japan, seriously.

I still think that everyone else who posts their work here does an exceptional job, but I feel that you really are something else.

merylsilverburg
Apr 6th, 2002, 07:11 PM
Thank you again, Cannibal. :) That makes me really happy. :happy:

Cannibal Clown
Apr 7th, 2002, 12:35 PM
I wish my computer wasn't so gay. Then I could actually be able to post my stuff as well. I've got several hundreds of drawings that I'd like to post, but I can't, so all I can do is complement everyone else, and never see how I compare to the rest of you guys.

merylsilverburg
Apr 7th, 2002, 01:47 PM
Yes, it sucks when your computer....uh...sucks. :right: I have a power notebook, so that's why I was able to download some of my pics. Otherwise, my computer at home is such a friggin' dinosaur, it's unbelievable. :sarcasm:

Slrjoecool
May 16th, 2002, 12:24 AM
Awesome pic!