PDA

View Full Version : ff remakes

shaunathon260
Mar 27th, 2002, 12:36 AM
i don't know if anyone heard about this yet but the people at square said after they finish with FF 12(which by the way will not be a online game like FF 11)they plan to remake every final fantasy and bring it to the playstation 2(they also said that there going to start with 7.8.9 then do the other)......NOTE:this is not a rumor...square actually said this in the interviews for FF 12!!!

Tell me how good of a job u think square will do on these remakes!!!:cool:

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 27th, 2002, 12:39 AM
That is sweet, im happy that FFXII wont be online and that is even sweeter that they are bringing the series to ps2 will they just add better graphics or are they going to change anything in that game?

shaunathon260
Mar 27th, 2002, 12:43 AM
i don't know yet...but i would imagine they will just enhance the graphics and add new features like they did when they brought FF5 and FF6 to the playstation

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 27th, 2002, 12:51 AM
They are all gonna end up being a must buy when they come out

Macceh^
Mar 27th, 2002, 03:45 AM
god thats gonna be really err good :D

kind of a con really if you already own the ff7 8 and 9 could be conceived as money grabbing but if they do a good job itll certainly be worth it.

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 27th, 2002, 03:12 PM
I really never thought of it that way i do already own 7 & 9

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 27th, 2002, 03:22 PM
Got a link for that news?

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 27th, 2002, 04:07 PM
I wonder if they'll sell em seperately or if they'll put em in some kind of package like Anthology or Chronicles?

Yeah I'd like a link as well...it sounds interesting.

Spank-A-Thon
Mar 27th, 2002, 06:30 PM
This news is so old it isn't even funny!

Square are NOT remaking FF7, 8 and 9 for the PS2. It was on their release schedule about 10 months ago, but then they were taken off.

And the news that FF12 is off-line is also way old!

So unless you have a link to this news that is recent, then I'm afraid you're getting excited over nothing.

- S

shaunathon260
Mar 27th, 2002, 06:48 PM
7,8 and 9 were taken off cause they were planning to do the remakes of the whole series before 12 but they decided to do 12 first.....and they aren't just planning to to bring 7,8 and 9 to ps2...there also planning to bring every other one out....(except 3 of course)......as for a link....this news(that just hit 2 weeks ago)can easly be found on IGNinsider(which by the way costs a fee to access it)plus if u go to playstation.com u might be able to find it....i actually came across this info while searching for info on FF12...i thought i also saw something on gamespot about this but i'm not sure...(i'll check it out)

Spank-A-Thon
Mar 27th, 2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by shaunathon260
7,8 and 9 were taken off cause they were planning to do the remakes of the whole series before 12 but they decided to do 12 first.....and they aren't just planning to to bring 7,8 and 9 to ps2...there also planning to bring every other one out....(except 3 of course)......as for a link....this news(that just hit 2 weeks ago)can easly be found on IGNinsider(which by the way costs a fee to access it)plus if u go to playstation.com u might be able to find it....i actually came across this info while searching for info on FF12...i thought i also saw something on gamespot about this but i'm not sure...(i'll check it out) A couple of questions:

1) Why not FF3 'obviously'?
2) Why don't you post the text from the IGN Insider article?

So far I have checked, www.thegia.com, www.ffonline.com, www.squaresoft.com, www.square.co.jp, www.gamespot.com, www.gamesradar.com and and ps2.ign.com (although not the Insider bit) for news regarding FF remakes in the past 4 months.... and not a single thing has been mentioned!

I find it hard to believe that news this big would a) be only on IGN Insider, b) not be on ANY of Square's official sites, and finally, c) not be on any of the other Video Game web-sites...

All I ask for is proof. So where is the proof?

- S

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 27th, 2002, 09:30 PM
I found it mentioned at a few places.

http://www.finalfantasy.btinternet.co.uk/
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2679121,00.html
http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2001/012601b.html
http://www.thegia.com/news/0101/n26d.html

shaunathon260
Mar 27th, 2002, 10:19 PM
spank-a-thon...the answer to your first question is that FF6 is a remake of FF3....also FF3 was not released in america...(or so i hear)...as for your second question i'm am no longer a member there so i can't post any text.......by the way the squaresoft sites suck...u will not find anything on it cause they only update it when a new game comes out that they made....as for ffonline they don't really carry up to date news.....if you wanna find up to date news and lots of other cool stuff the pay sites r the money....plus besides the text news they also have video interviews.........anyways most of the news on the free site's suck cause u don't get the newest news right away...u usually have to wait till the game is about to come out before u hear the news..unless u go to a paysite...by just paying a little o' money u can be one of the first ones to hear the news....out of all the paysites i would recommend IGNinsider cause there is nothing really bad about it...plus it's updated like every half a day

Spank-A-Thon
Mar 28th, 2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini
I found it mentioned at a few places.

http://www.finalfantasy.btinternet.co.uk/
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2679121,00.html
http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2001/012601b.html
http://www.thegia.com/news/0101/n26d.html Sleazy, look at the dates on most of these news stories - 26th January 2001!!! That's over a year ago! That's my point - nothing has been mentioned about the remakes for over a year!Originally posted by shaunathon260
spank-a-thon...the answer to your first question is that FF6 is a remake of FF3....also FF3 was not released in america...(or so i hear)...FF6 is not a remake of FF3. FF6 was released as FF3 in the US because there was already FF1 and 2 released in the US. So rather than confuse the US consumers, they renamed it to FF3. But when FF7 got a worldwide release, Square USA decided to give FF6 back it's original title.

To summarise, FF1 was released in the US for the NES in 1990. In 1991, FF4 was released in the US for the SNES, but was renamed FF2 for North America. Finally, in October 1994, FF6 was released in the US but was renamed to FF3.

The original Japanese FF2, 3 and 5 were never originally released in the US.

- S

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 28th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Yeah I was aware that it's old news.

kupoartist
Mar 28th, 2002, 03:29 PM
Actually Read: http://www.thegia.com/news/0202/n07a.html

Don't expect remakes of anything before 7-9, that'd just be plain stoopid, but that article is only 2 months old

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 28th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Sweet. Actually if they remade older ones, I'd buy them. I've never played 1-6.

shaunathon260
Mar 28th, 2002, 05:24 PM
those two month old news story's are of course old but they were just planning on 7,8 and9 but THERE R udated storys...if u look for news on FF 12 u should be able to find these updated stories that r only 2 weeks old(mostly on paysites)THEY R RELEASING THE WHOLE SERIES TO PS2 NOT JUST 7,8 AND 9.....AND IF U DON'T BELIEVE ME THAT'S FINE...CAUSE THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM.....ANYWAYS IF U YOUR SO SMART SPANK A THON THEN YOU'LL KNOW WHERE TO AQUIRE THIS INFO(PLUS I'VE ALREADY SAID WHERE...SO IT SHOULDN'T BE TO HARD TO FIGURE OUT)....so if there r any IGNinsider subcribers reading this i can tell u excactly how to get this new news...plus a video interview stating everything i've said so far is true.

kupoartist
Mar 28th, 2002, 05:34 PM
Okies. So we can expect remakes of the NES games 1, 2 and 3? in full 3D?

That would be very time consuming and pointless, and would no less lead to square loosing yet more money on pointless projects.
And 2 months is not "Old" for a news article; not that it is even two months, yet.
I can't comment on IGNinsider info, but I doubt many others on this board can anyway. I do however doubt that "Paysites" would be able to keep this kind of thing under-wraps for two weeks.

Spank-A-Thon
Mar 28th, 2002, 07:02 PM
those two month old news story's are of course old but they were just planning on 7,8 and9 but THERE R udated storys...if u look for news on FF 12 u should be able to find these updated stories that r only 2 weeks old(mostly on paysites)THEY R RELEASING THE WHOLE SERIES TO PS2 NOT JUST 7,8 AND 9.....AND IF U DON'T BELIEVE ME THAT'S FINE...CAUSE THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM.....ANYWAYS IF U YOUR SO SMART SPANK A THON THEN YOU'LL KNOW WHERE TO AQUIRE THIS INFO(PLUS I'VE ALREADY SAID WHERE...SO IT SHOULDN'T BE TO HARD TO FIGURE OUT)....so if there r any IGNinsider subcribers reading this i can tell u excactly how to get this new news...plus a video interview stating everything i've said so far is true. First off, turn off the CAPS LOCK dumbass - that's just being rude. Second, I have asked for evidence - and you haven't provided it. If I claimed some kind of big news I would provide a link to back my story up - which you haven't done. Plus I am smart enough to check reliable sources - and none of them have mentioned any remakes of 1-6 for PS2. The best we can get is www.thegia.com saying the 7-9 remakes been put on indefinite hold which generally means don't hold your breath.

So if you can't handle someone challenging your post, don't post without proof. Simple as that.Originally posted by the_artist Okies. So we can expect remakes of the NES games 1, 2 and 3? in full 3D?

That would be very time consuming and pointless, and would no less lead to square loosing yet more money on pointless projects.
And 2 months is not "Old" for a news article; not that it is even two months, yet.
I can't comment on IGNinsider info, but I doubt many others on this board can anyway. I do however doubt that "Paysites" would be able to keep this kind of thing under-wraps for two weeks. I totally agree Artist. Firstly, why remake 7-9 which are fully compatible with PS2 anyway?? Given that FF7 has been released about 3 times now in Japan (FF7, FF7 International and FF7 Greatest Hits) how can Square make enough money to justify the development time? Re-doing all the character models AND re-rendering all the backgrounds...

I can see value in re-doing FF1-6, I'm sure PS2 versions of those would sell pretty well - but why bother when they can concentrate on making completely new games??? As Artist says, it does seem somewhat pointless from a business point of view.

And there is no way in hell Pay-Sites could keep this news wrapped up. All it would take is one person to leak the news to the likes of www.thegia.com and then it'd be all over the net.

- S

Soul Angel
Mar 29th, 2002, 09:07 AM
by the way the squaresoft sites suck...u will not find anything on it cause they only update it when a new game comes out that they made
I have to agree with you there shaunathon260, that site never seems to update itself on any Square news etc, so I rarely check it out for that.

As for making FF remakes, I can see why some people can't see the point of it, especially if they already work on the PS2.
But then again for thoughs people who haven't got those FF games it might make them think of buying it if they had improved graphics etc, you would also probably have those big FF fans as well who will buy it even if they've had the games already, just because its another thing to add to their FF collection.

But if they were going to remake the FF games wouldn't it be pretty good if they gaved the characters Voice overs just like in FFX, I read in one old article once that Square would of liked to done voice acting in FF7 for the PSX but they didn't have the time to do it or something like that.

I think the remakes of some of the old FF games would probably be good, if they also added some extra things to it or somthing for those who already had the PSX version of the games or whatever, I know I would probably buy them if they were released in the UK because I like to try and get things which are FF related and that, but that's IMO anyway :)

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 29th, 2002, 11:25 AM
Actually Soul Angel I found the voice overs quite annoying (During battle that is). They say stupid things and repeat themselves often. Given a choice I would go back to the old text boxes. Why? Well Lulu said so many dumb things, I actually started to hate her character and stopped using her. Otherwise if she had kept her mouth shut I think she may have been really cool.

kupoartist
Mar 30th, 2002, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Soul Angel
I read in one old article once that Square would of liked to done voice acting in FF7 for the PSX but they didn't have the time to do it or something like that.
Given the immense ammount of dialouge they need to voice, and given the capacity of a PSX disk... FFVII would have probably been 12 disks long or somthing :)

As for the voice acting in FFX, i'm yet to hear it. But so many people have said bad things about it, I have to ask the question: Why does such an influential series such as Final Fantasy have such trouble getting the best people for the job? The only guy I recognise from the Cast list is Futurama's Bender (Wakka and Kimahri If my memory serves me correct...)

Sleazy P Martini
Apr 1st, 2002, 02:38 AM
Wakka is Bender??? Hahahahahha! :laugh: