PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing this summer?

Hylas
Jul 13th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Yes guys, I'm very angry because this year I won't be moving from boring hometown and I won't be having much fun, because there's nothing going on here and my best friends will soon go somewhere leaving me here.

Let me daydream a little... what are you going to do this summer? Going anywhere? Nice vacations in exotic places? Fun at home with friends? Crazy activities going on?

Also, let me feel less lonely... have to work? Unable to go anywhere? Had any ideas but couldn't make them work as you were hoping? Still plannig to do something, maybe later?

Share your summer plans and occupations with me :P

Beretta55
Jul 13th, 2007, 03:00 PM
I haven't really had a significant summer for about three years, family issues and all that and this summer is more of the same really. This summer I'm mostly learning to drive, finishing the schoolwork that was assigned to me this month and playing lot's of videogames. Terribly exciting I know. :laugh:

Then because the weather in Oklahoma is crap it's been raining here for a straight month across the state, if it's not raining where I live it for sure is somewhere else. Rain will also stay with us all the way into August, yeah worst summer ever. XD

Phenom
Jul 14th, 2007, 04:47 AM
I hear ya Beretta. Although I'm not dealing with family issues as much as I was last year, we are dealing with financial issues. Pretty much hampering any type of plan for the rest of the summer.

I've been playing very few games (alot of time, but not so many games I own at the moment.) lately because of not being able to get a job. That's all my summer has been really. Playing videogames or filling out applications. (And watching TV)

I could hang out and mingle, but, unfortunately, Detroit is severely lacking on places to hang out.

trunks69420
Jul 15th, 2007, 10:36 AM
well prt 1 was yesterday... i saw tool... and the main other thing i'm doing is later this month im going to see Rage Against The Machine and the Wu Tang Clan in NYC along w/ wayyyy too many other musicians to mention. including: cypris hill, mos def, nas, jedi mind tricks, public enemy, etc.

other than that working a lot.

DragonSphere
Jul 19th, 2007, 01:34 AM
had some family over for a couple of weeks for a reunion, but now that its over been trying to look for a job...and coping with the fact that im console-less for the rest of the summer (ps2 broke down waaay back last year)

so from here on out, it looks to be rather uneventful :blink:

Pu the Owl
Jul 23rd, 2007, 11:21 AM
I'm having nice hospital vacations. My father likes to go there once in a while - maybe he thinks home is too hot, or he likes doing nothing all day and just pretends he has strokes and stuff - so we're going there too. Woohoo! If only alcoholic beverages were allowed in vending machines... :P

Piggle_humsy
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:39 PM
I'm not doing anything, but then again I never do.

Can't afford to go anywhere, can't afford to do anything here... plus the gods seems to have canceled summer here this year :sarcasm:

Berserker
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:39 AM
I've just returned from my holiday in Lisbon, two weeks of nice food, great people, nice beaches etc. I had a great time, too bad after only four days of work I'm already stressed out again about the incompetence of a lot of so-called co-workers. :X
But Portugal is great!

REChick14
Aug 3rd, 2007, 03:45 PM
Goin to Vermont in a few weeks to spend a weekend there. We always rent the same house. All the females in my family gather together and head up north every once in a while. It is indeed interesting, 10+ females and 2 bathrooms, how we do it you ask? Well thats another story, lol. It always fun though, we just relax and do lil things including playing bingo and dominos for money!! Good times.. cant wait :)

goodman
Aug 6th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Going to Hotsprings, Arkansas in about 4 weeks, and then two weeks later to NYC for four days of adventure. Mostly ive been going to a lot of concerts this year and working. At 25 what are you doing with yourself nowadays Hylas? School, work, something? I expect youve mentioned it somewhere i just havent seen it, not on much nowadays....

Berserker
Aug 7th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Going to Hotsprings, Arkansas in about 4 weeks, and then two weeks later to NYC for four days of adventure. Mostly ive been going to a lot of concerts this year and working. At 25 what are you doing with yourself nowadays Hylas? School, work, something? I expect youve mentioned it somewhere i just havent seen it, not on much nowadays....

Visiting concerts is always a great thing to do....thank god for festival-season! What've you seen so far this year Goodman?

goodman
Aug 7th, 2007, 07:03 AM
Well being older, naturally i listen to some of the music i grew up with, but ive got a friend who likes some of the younger groups so ive actually discovered some of those also. This year ive seen Bruce Hornsby (by himself in a awesome setting), Snow Patrol (with two other groups i cant recall the names), Stevie Nicks, Dave Mason, The Fray, Don Henley, The Pretenders, and the Stray Cats (last weekend those three). Gonna go see Johnny and Edgar Winter this September in NYC (definitely rocking stuff!). Anyways ive had the chance to catch groups i have always enjoyed but never got the chance to see quite a bit these past few years, its been some great concert going times around my area here in texas. Musicians like the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and im glad for that lol. You been to anything lately Berserker, thanks for asking....

Berserker
Aug 8th, 2007, 01:08 AM
Wow.....the Stray Cats! If I ever get the chance to see them play, my girlfriend would go mad! They played in Amsterdam some years back, but it was instantly sold-out. I've been to the Red Hot Chili Peppers a few eeks back, it was one of those bands that I still needed to see. But nothing much else lately, only some local stuff nearby. Allthough it's festival-season over here(and probably everywhere) the clubshows that the big names normally play in between festivals aren't around that much this year. Nowadays I only visit clubs to see bands play, cause the festivals are way too expensive nowadays because of a mob-organisation that overcharges on everything from the ticketsales to food/drinks.
So you're very lucky to get the change to see so much music you love played live!

goodman
Aug 8th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Yeah i think the Stray Cats really rocked that joint, they were fun. Going to see Johnny and Edgar Winter in New York in mid September and also going to a broadway show, its gonna be real fun.... i first saw Johnny in the mid 70's... fantastic blues man....

Berserker
Aug 9th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Blues shows are mostly cool shows, I really like the laidback vibe they got going on. Hanging around smoking and sippin' wiskhey and all :phew:

goodman
Aug 9th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Oh, trust me, these two are some of the finest musicians, in history, bro, ive followed their careers and they are amazing. Here is a link to the broadway play im going to. The friend im meeting in NYC picked it out it looks fun. http://www.avenueq.com/

Nayi
Sep 11th, 2007, 02:07 AM
hummm, summer vacation always reminds me of nice beaches, lazy afternoon or live in a small town in the other corner of the world. That would be enjoyable. But not any plan yet, and the summer almost gone :sarcasm: