PDA

View Full Version : Streak

merylsilverburg
Feb 21st, 2007, 04:18 PM
Haven't been here in a while. :heh: This is a new image of mine that I did quickly/not-so-quickly in Photoshop (yes, I am finally slightly getting the hang of the darn thing).

No scanning or paper-drawing first, I'm too stupidly lazy to go through that trouble so I did it freehand with my mouse. This is a variation from an original concept that I saved as a separate file because I'm still working on the original.

Streak (http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/9067/streaker4.jpg)

Hope you guys like it. :)

happy_doughnut
Feb 22nd, 2007, 01:00 AM
I love it. :love:

The contrast between the blue and pink colors on her hair and eyes are amazing--it gives it a very surreal/modern kind of look to it.

Also, the little leaves complement the colors of her hair well because they are bright--not too bright, but just bright enough--to achieve to look of light . . . like the circles of light that are sometimes seen in pictures. This is great, imo, because while the work itself resembles a painting, the little leaves give enough lighting to it to produce a picture-like effect, also.

Again, your color choice is really great. If it was for sale, I'd buy it. :D

Pu the Owl
Feb 24th, 2007, 10:45 PM
I agree with the above post: the choice of colors is really what makes the picture great. It's not easy to work with bright colors without making the picture look cheap: flashy colors can ruin a beautiful work and not everybody is good at using them. You succeeded in mixing these pinks and blues, giving also a pleasant watercolor feeling to them. It's a very nice result!

merylsilverburg
Feb 27th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys! :shappy: I was surprised that the yellow leaves were perceived as spots of light because that was not my intention when I did it...but that's not a bad thing, I love it when people interpret things in their own way. :D Also, about the color use: the original drawing had blue-brown tones because I like darker colors but after I applied a filter (I think) to the image, the whole thing became brighter...so I decided to add streaks of pink to make the image "pop" out (although I really hate the color pink, lol).

Thanks again for the kind words, I really appreciate it! :happy:

Pu the Owl
Mar 3rd, 2007, 01:27 AM
Layer styles are really cool. I like a lot playing with them.

You shall post more of your stuff! :)

Hylas
Mar 13th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Beautiful contrasting colors! It creates sort of magic feel to it!

merylsilverburg
Apr 30th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Beautiful contrasting colors! It creates sort of magic feel to it!
Thanks Hylas! :happy: