PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Attack

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 26th, 2002, 01:14 AM
Out of all of the Specials, Limits, Overdrives, Trances etc. which was your favorite and why?

I really like the Renzokuken attacks in VIII, as well as Tidus' Blitz Ace and Auron's Shooting Star just because of the sheer power of that overdrive!

jenova_jeb
Mar 26th, 2002, 01:58 AM
It's gotta be Cloud's Omnislash.

Hadoken
Mar 26th, 2002, 02:58 AM
I always like the renzokuken attack. R1!! R1!! R1!! R1!! R1!!

BlackThornn
Mar 26th, 2002, 10:53 AM
Renzokuken. Squall's Lionheart limit break to be exact.

Hands down that one's the ultimate. :D

IcyMourdor
Mar 26th, 2002, 11:12 AM
I always liked the way Cosmo Memory looked. It never did a lot of damage, but it was still pretty cool. Rezno was also pretty good.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 26th, 2002, 01:24 PM
I thought Barret's Satellite Beam attack was really cool.

kupoartist
Mar 26th, 2002, 01:49 PM
My favorite attack would probably be Zantetsuken of Odin and Giglamesh in FFVIII. true it wasn't exactly controlable, but It got me out of some real tight spots once or twice. (ie. when it killed two Ruby Dragons allowing me to fight Bahamut unscathed...)

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 26th, 2002, 07:31 PM
Hey Mourdor...which FF was Cosmo Memory in again? I don't remember ever seeing that one

BlackThornn
Mar 26th, 2002, 09:33 PM
It was Nanaki's (RedXIII's) ultimate limit break in FFVII.

DragonSphere
Mar 26th, 2002, 11:41 PM
I really like Cloud's Omnislash, Squall's Lionheart, and Anima's Oblivion.

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 26th, 2002, 11:48 PM
I cant just choose one i like a lot of them

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 27th, 2002, 12:08 AM
Oh yeah...it's been so long since I've played VII...thank you for reminding me Black Thornn

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 27th, 2002, 12:34 AM
FFVII has some great attack in the game o memories lol

Soul Angel
Mar 27th, 2002, 03:57 PM
I like pretty a lot of limit breaks, But I have to say I like Squall's Renzokuken and Lion Heart Limit break the most :)

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 27th, 2002, 11:56 PM
I've heard so much about the Lionhart...if I continue to play VIII, it would partially be to see that attack!

JC Denton
Mar 28th, 2002, 05:11 PM
KAMIKAZE!
and climizzard ( not chimazard as nanjij thinks) was cool and ofcourse lionheart but i like them all except barrets limits. vincents nightmare and gigas came in handy. cids hyper jump was great.
there are too many to choose.

Soul Angel
Mar 29th, 2002, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire
I've heard so much about the Lionhart...if I continue to play VIII, it would partially be to see that attack!

Yes you have to continue playing FFVIII, they Lion Heart is a great attack to see, and a very strong one too, You have to see it Sword :)

jenova_jeb
Mar 29th, 2002, 03:03 PM
I can't believe how few of you liked Omnislash :peoples: .

Soul Angel
Mar 29th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by jenova_jeb
I can't believe how few of you liked Omnislash :peoples: .

I like Omnislash as well, and I think that's a cool limit break as well and that one is probably a very close second to my fave one the Lion Heart :)

jenova_jeb
Mar 30th, 2002, 01:21 AM
Hmmmm, I haven't seen the Lion Heart yet. When do you get it? I'm quite a ways into the 3rd disc, but haven't seen anything thus far.

kupoartist
Mar 30th, 2002, 05:32 AM
You must mod your Gunblade to "Leonheart" (the one that requires Pulse Ammo, I get mixed up with Lionheart and Leonheart too much) and then use Renozuken. If you're lucky the finishing move will be "Lion Heart". if not you'll have one of the others... incidently, this can be done before the end of Disk One. Not that i've done it personally, but it requires leveling the right GFs etc. (though its kind of a waste, and you have no aura spell to help you Limit Break without being taken down to low hp.)

Soul Angel
Mar 30th, 2002, 05:48 PM
Pretty much what artist said, to get the Lion Heart limit break you need to upgrade Squall's Gunblade to his ultimate weapon the Lion Heart.

To do this you need,

1 Adamantine, which can be gained by fighting a Adamantoise or by refining your Minotaur card

4 Dragon Fangs, these can be gained by different monsters, but I think I managed to get mine from a Blue Dragon on the Island closest to Hell

and last of all you need 12 Pulse Ammos, which you can get by refining either Laser cannons, Energy Crystals or a Power Generator

And that's pretty much all the items which you need to gain the Lion Heart Gunblade as well as the Lion Heart limit break :)

DreamSharpShooter
Mar 30th, 2002, 08:17 PM
one of my favorites is diablos dark messenger, is very cool, but i dont know if its the coolest

JC Denton
Apr 1st, 2002, 02:52 PM
how much damage does lionheart do at the end of the game,
im lv 65 in disc 3 just about to go into the lunatic pandora to fight adel and mine only does 30000? nanjij says it does much more

dark messenger is cool.

pulse ammo is really hard to get i eventually got mine by defaeting about 6 elnoyles and they are quite tough.

kupoartist
Apr 1st, 2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by JC Denton
how much damage does lionheart do at the end of the game,
im lv 65 in disc 3 just about to go into the lunatic pandora to fight adel and mine only does 30000? nanjij says it does much more

pulse ammo is really hard to get i eventually got mine by defaeting about 6 elnoyles and they are quite tough.

Lionheart's damage depends on Squall's STR stat. I personally have 100 Ultima junctioned to strength and that gives me 9999 damge per hit. So how do you get that much Ultima tho?
http://www.ffonline.com/ff8/drawpoints.htm - Just use Diablo's "Enc-None" ability and draw from the invisable points around the map. it'll take a while, but its worth it: also Ultima weapon gives you 100 Ultima stones when you defeat it, but as you'll probably want to hammer it with Lionheart anyway, use the world's draw-points as well (and don't forget to draw Eden :) :D )

Pulse Ammo is a bit annoying to grab, but getting the items for the Doomtrain GF was even more annoying (I actually found where you get instructions on how to get the items in-game for the first time :happy: )

JC Denton
Apr 1st, 2002, 03:32 PM
i think i had to mug about 100 malboros to get the tenticles
i havent fought ultima yet but i have just beaten bahamut so i will do that now.

kupoartist
Apr 1st, 2002, 03:48 PM
hehe... believe me, the stuff on the way down is way more annoying than Ultima itself... Just remeber to have Siren's move find on, so you can save before you actually fight Ultima. You don't want to go down again :laugh:

JC Denton
Apr 1st, 2002, 03:54 PM
yea i got that, i also got enc-none, and will run away from anything else plus 2 of my characters have auto-haste and i found to ruby dragons and bahumut very easy. my kamakaze does 44,000 and i think ultima has 160000 heath am i right. i only have tonberry and eden to get now i have the rest i think 14 + odin and phoenix

kupoartist
Apr 1st, 2002, 03:58 PM
Bad News! :shock: Not only does Enc-None not work for 3 monsters on each screen, you can't run from them. The last 3 screens have 3x Behemoths, then 3x Ruby Dragons and 3x 2x Iron Giants respectively. Ouchies! :laugh:

Doomtrain will help you a little, just make sure some of the bigger 4000HP attacks don't kill it :(

JC Denton
Apr 1st, 2002, 04:17 PM
can you run away from the battles at the start of them?

kupoartist
Apr 2nd, 2002, 04:07 AM
nope :laugh: Enc-None will still work for a few monsters so you should use it anyway...

JC Denton
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:40 PM
i did it first time phew:phew: i spent most of the battle doing full-life though, i then junction 100 ultimas to strength, wow. lionheart does millions now