PDA

View Full Version : Okami

Redpyramidhead
Oct 9th, 2006, 12:23 PM
I am creating a new thread for this because I feel it deserves its own. I just bought Okami last week and I have sat through 2 or 3 wonderful and amazing sessions of playing it already. The game has a lot of gameplay hours to log in and plenty to explore and that is good news because the visuals and the innovative way in which you affect them with your "celestial brush" are just plain stunning. The whole game is presented in this sort of unique cell-shaded depiction of these incredible water color brush-like graphics. As you progress in the game you just keep coming across more visually stunning places and the world is not small by any means. It is quite large and you will have to travel back to certain spots with new brush techniques in order to open up new pathways. As far as combat, the game takes on an innovative approach to this with the brush techniques that you learn that can also be used to defeat enemies in unique ways.

The game itself is presented in a bit of an action RPG like style that is very reminiscent of Zelda: Ocarina of time for the N64 so if you loved that game you should definately consider checking this one out.

Okami is definately an innovative experience and I suggest it to anyone.

oh yeah.... www.capcom.com/okami

_RED_

merylsilverburg
Oct 13th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Bought the game but cannot play it until Christmas break when all my studies are over. :shame: How are the boss fights? Are they tough? And how well does the celestial brush handle these fights? Do you use all the techniques you learned or just the recent one you learned?

Beretta55
Oct 13th, 2006, 09:42 PM
I've been meaning to pick up Okami for a while. I'm asking for it for Christmas since I don't forsee myself having any money in the coming months. XD
But I can't wait to finally play it, Clover Studio's is a fantastic studio and I've enjoyed all their games, I know I'll enjoy this one too.

Infernal Mass
Oct 16th, 2006, 12:03 PM
R.I.P. Clover Studios.

you will be missed.. :(

Big Dude
Oct 20th, 2006, 07:29 PM
This game looks absolutely fantastic. I haven't had the pleasure of playing it yet, however, I plan on picking it up when my next pay check comes in, haha. Up until the beginning of the week I had only heard little bits about the game so I had to look it up on IGN.com. It was the game's graphics/cell shading/paint style that really caught my interest. I had to indulge my senses in some of the videos on that site and I was in complete awe. I am really looking forward to picking this one up.