PDA

View Full Version : Oscars.. What do you think?

BlackThornn
Mar 25th, 2002, 12:56 PM
What do y'all think about the Oscar decisions?

I'm cool with them save "A beautiful mind" getting Best Picture and Ian & Maggie not getting thier respective awards.. they really did deserve them.

Denzel (spelling?) and Halle deserved thier awards, though. That was just.... well.. damn cool. :D

Vote on what y'all think overall?

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 25th, 2002, 01:12 PM
I hate award shows, especially music ones.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 25th, 2002, 01:38 PM
I didnt get to see the oscars even though i wanted to.Which movie one the most?

Pu the Owl
Mar 25th, 2002, 02:32 PM
I am a bit disappointed: Lord of the Rings winning only 4 "minor" prizes and No man's Land winning in the Foreign category...but oh well, that's so typical Academy...

x157anz
Mar 25th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Very good.
It was funny when that Halle was bewing , she went crazy for winning best actress :laugh:

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 25th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Couldn't stay awake...too boring...but I saw the results on the news and I'm satisfied with the awards given.

Cannibal Clown
Mar 25th, 2002, 04:25 PM
I didn't watch it. I never do watch things like that. They don't seem to interest me much, like finding out what the nation in a whole thought of a specific movie.

I like to just let myself make decisions like that, and not really care about what everyone else thought.

But, those award shows do get a lot of viewers, so I guess it's not a complete waste of air time.

jenova_jeb
Mar 25th, 2002, 05:12 PM
I didn't even know it already happened :p :roll: .

Mercury Shadow
Mar 25th, 2002, 05:13 PM
Did Memento win anything? I didn't see the whole thing

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 25th, 2002, 05:36 PM
Ha a beautiful mind one best picture and best director.Lord of the rings couldnt win.

Reid
Mar 25th, 2002, 06:28 PM
I only watched a little bit.

I'm not a big fan of award shows, especially the Oscars, because the Academy's awards are very predictable.

BowevelJoe
Mar 25th, 2002, 10:12 PM
im with reid, tis boring, i couldnt watch it, lots of better things to do...like sleep :laugh:

Pu the Owl
Mar 25th, 2002, 10:16 PM
Well, I don't watch the show either (also for reasons I'm not going to explain) but I've read the news the day after :p

Hadoken
Mar 25th, 2002, 11:02 PM
I didnt pay much attention to it. I just had to tv on and it was tuned to that channel.

talon101
Mar 26th, 2002, 12:59 AM
it wasent all that good
i watched it and i think lord of the ring should have won best director because he came a long way from horror movies

MakgSnake
Mar 26th, 2002, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini
I hate award shows, especially music ones.
Noway, I Love Awards Shows And Especially Music Ones, And Yeah MTV Movie Awards Are Always Funny And Great.

As For These Oscars....They Were Pretty Cool. I Saw The Whole Show.

I Was Surprised Will Smith Didn't Win The Best Actor, But I Was Happy To See Danzel Washington Won For "Training Day", He Did A Little Too Amazing Work In That..No Doubt

As For The Foriegn Film, My Vote Went For "LAGAAN" Man That Movie Was Flawless....Super In My Opinion!.! TOOO GOOD!.! If Anyone Have Watched That Movie Would Agree With Me!.! Its Excellent.!.

But Lord Of The Rings With Getting 13 Nomination But Winning Only 4.....Was A Quite Bummer. Oh Well.....There Are 2 More "Lord Of The Rings" To Come...So...Lets See!.!