PDA

View Full Version : Bleach on Adult Swim

Vic Viper
Sep 6th, 2006, 05:06 PM
yep Bleach will finally make its debut this coming saturday.

heres the english dub preview. (http://www.adultswim.com/shows/bleach/index.html) you might recognize ichigo's voice its being done by the same VA that did Vash the Stampede.

anyway it doesnt really matter, its terrible, rukias voice sucks too. :blergh:

Phenom
Sep 6th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Heh, you think so? I actually thought it sounds decent. Guess that's because I've only read the manga, and don't download subs, so I don't really get high hopes for much.

Perhaps you're expecting to much? O_o

merylsilverburg
Sep 7th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Heh, you think so? I actually thought it sounds decent.

Yikes, not really. I was almost traumatized by the clip. Why they would ask Vash the Stampede to do the voice for a boy like Ichigo, I'll never understand. Ichigo is not really the whole "love and peace" sort of fellow...in the dub, he sounds so friendly and carefree because the voice actor's voice is too high in order to sound like a teen. But in the Japanese version, Ichigo sounds, well, like he should: grumpy, indifferent, tough-sounding but really a caring guy on the inside, etc. Well, I guess that's the best they can do...let's all just pray for the DVD version instead.

anyway it doesnt really matter, its terrible, rukias voice sucks too. :blergh:

I actually thought Rukia's voice sounds decent...not good, not great, just decent. Compared to the original though, it's crap, but for an English dub, it's not half bad compared to Ichigo the Stampede. :laugh:

Phenom
Sep 7th, 2006, 01:57 AM
Yikes, not really. I was almost traumatized by the clip. Why they would ask Vash the Stampede to do the voice for a boy like Ichigo, I'll never understand. Ichigo is not really the whole "love and peace" sort of fellow...in the dub, he sounds so friendly and carefree because the voice actor's voice is too high in order to sound like a teen. But in the Japanese version, Ichigo sounds, well, like he should: grumpy, indifferent, tough-sounding but really a caring guy on the inside, etc. Well, I guess that's the best they can do...let's all just pray for the DVD version instead.

Lol. Why they got him, I'm not sure, but people tell me that he has the voice range to pull it off. Even though I've never seen Wolf's Rain, he was Kiba and apparently the guy was suppose to be an Emo or something like that. "shrugs" When I first found out about JYB as Ichigo, I was quite shocked, but when I thought about it, and reread the manga, he actually does fit. (Judging from certain reactions.) And besides, there's not really anyone else I can think about that can actually fill that role. (Even though I was thinking about Justin Cook getting that role, but then again.....) It's also easy on the ears compared to Naruto's dub. (At the moment anyway.) Can't really judge from a 30 sec clip right? Too bad though, I have to wait till next Saturday to actually catch it... >_>

merylsilverburg
Sep 7th, 2006, 03:08 AM
And besides, there's not really anyone else I can think about that can actually fill that role. (Even though I was thinking about Justin Cook getting that role, but then again.....)

Yeah I can't think of anyone myself but I haven't listened to dubs in anime ever since '00/'01 so my knowledge on US VOs are bad. :P I checked out the guy Justin Cook out...he VOed for Hatsuharu in Fruits Basket...I guess he's alright, his voice is lower, so it's much better than the Vash guy.