PDA

View Full Version : oh shit! Okami and Yakuza (sameday release!)

Infernal Mass
Jul 21st, 2006, 01:32 PM
2 of the most aniticipated games, released simultaneously!! what are the odds of this? Capcom and Sega have formed some sort of alliance against my wallet..:shock:

Yakuza finalized! (http://ps2.ign.com/articles/720/720001p1.html)

Okami!! (http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=281438)

:boom: 9/5/06

Berserker
Jul 24th, 2006, 01:29 AM
That Okami game sounds really strange but interesting, are there any trailers available? By the sound of it we're probably not gonna get this, despite the capcom worldwide releasing announcement(if I remember correctly).

Infernal Mass
Jul 24th, 2006, 10:09 AM
By the sound of it we're probably not gonna get this, despite the capcom worldwide releasing announcement(if I remember correctly).

It's already been translated into english, and is due out on September 5th. Capcom wouldn't have translated the game if they had no intentions of releasing it.

As for the trailer..find it yourself, I'm officialy finished from contributing any kind of news to this forum.

Berserker
Jul 25th, 2006, 01:24 AM
It's already been translated into english, and is due out on September 5th. Capcom wouldn't have translated the game if they had no intentions of releasing it.

As for the trailer..find it yourself, I'm officialy finished from contributing any kind of news to this forum.

I've seen some trailers don't know what to really think of it, like the graphic style though. I was talking bout the european release though, capcom has a tendency to screw around a bit with the europeans.
Here you can find all sort of trailers(for those interested) Clicky (http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=867)
When I see games like this I think it's a pity that we don't have any blockbuster or other decent places around here that let you rent games, cause by the looks of it I really don't if I would like it.

Infernal Mass
Aug 6th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Okami recieved a Gold Award, and Game of the Month honors in the newest issue EGM. beating out the highly anticipated 360 title Dead Rising amongst others.

ok now..that's all.

merylsilverburg
Sep 4th, 2006, 05:13 PM
When I see games like this I think it's a pity that we don't have any blockbuster or other decent places around here that let you rent games, cause by the looks of it I really don't if I would like it.

Sorry, this reply may be a bit late, but have you ever played the Zelda games and enjoyed them? If so, then you'd like Okami because it has the same style as the Zelda games. :)

I'm looking forward to both games, but most likely will rent Yakuza even though it didn't have very terrible reviews.

Vic Viper
Sep 4th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Okami got pushed back till the 19th. :shame:

Infernal Mass
Sep 5th, 2006, 07:54 PM
yea i would've updated, but haven't posted in awhile. I was hyped for Yakuza but it's looking more and more like somehing was lost in the translation probably all the generic sounding f-bombs, Okami now that game is looking great!

merylsilverburg
Sep 6th, 2006, 04:01 AM
Okami got pushed back till the 19th. :shame:

I know, I was so bummed too. :(

yea i would've updated, but haven't posted in awhile. I was hyped for Yakuza but it's looking more and more like somehing was lost in the translation probably all the generic sounding f-bombs, Okami now that game is looking great!

Ugh, tell me about it. When I read reviews on Yakuza and they said something about the laughable overuse of profanity, I just got frigging annoyed. Yeah because, apparently, US gamers can't accept a game about gangs unless they hear f*ck and sh*t every few seconds. :sarcasm:

Infernal Mass
Sep 6th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Ugh, tell me about it. When I read reviews on Yakuza and they said something about the laughable overuse of profanity, I just got frigging annoyed. Yeah because, apparently, US gamers can't accept a game about gangs unless they hear f*ck and sh*t every few seconds. :sarcasm:

:laugh:

I can tolerate lots of profanity, but as long as it sounds authentic and not forced or overdone for the sake of usng it to set the mood. That's just seems so cheesy to me, and cheese has no place in Yakuza...except for the hostess mini-game.

merylsilverburg
Sep 7th, 2006, 12:40 AM
I can tolerate lots of profanity, but as long as it sounds authentic and not forced or overdone for the sake of usng it to set the mood.

Me too, but I have the feeling the overuse of profanity will be for the sake of the mood. I don't really know, but I don't think the original version even used that much. O_o;;; Just have to wait and see I guess.

and cheese has no place in Yakuza...except for the hostess mini-game.

Hehe, those hostess stuff is funny...I highly doubt I'll spend my time in those bars wasting my hard-earned money on some fugly chick though. :laugh:

Berserker
Sep 7th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Gamespot gave it a 7.4, they were kinda dissapointed with it. Has anybody played a demo??

merylsilverburg
Sep 7th, 2006, 02:28 AM
Gamespot gave it a 7.4, they were kinda dissapointed with it. Has anybody played a demo??

Sorry for the stupid question, but which one are you talking about, Yakuza or Okami? If for Yakuza, yeah, I played a demo in the US magazine OPM. Luckily, it was the Japanese voices so it didn't seem too awful. But I couldn't explore it or the worlds as much as I would've liked because of a stupid time-out session. :grumpy: But, it seemed like an okay game, not as spectacular as I would've liked. The combat moves are surprisingly easy to perform, the controls functioned well, but that was about it.

Berserker
Sep 7th, 2006, 07:12 AM
Yeah, Akuza sorry I should have stated that since this thread is about two different games.

But, it seemed like an okay game, not as spectacular as I would've liked.

That's what I'm reading everywhere, seems a bit dissapointing cause the whole setting and things seemed so promising.

Infernal Mass
Sep 8th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Hehe, those hostess stuff is funny...I highly doubt I'll spend my time in those bars wasting my hard-earned money on some fugly chick though. :laugh:

:laugh: yea, and it's so expensive too.

Hostess: I'm thirsty..
Kazuma: okay hold on. Hey, can we get some wine over here!?
Bar guy: yes of course, that'll be 4 million dollars.

merylsilverburg
Sep 9th, 2006, 03:40 AM
:laugh: yea, and it's so expensive too.

Hostess: I'm thirsty..
Kazuma: okay hold on. Hey, can we get some wine over here!?
Bar guy: yes of course, that'll be 4 million dollars.

LOL! Just wait till she gets hungry...by then, you'll have no money left! :laugh:

Vic Viper
Sep 19th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Okami is getting awesome reviews, it comes out tomorrow or this wednesday , make sure to get it. :D

Infernal Mass
Sep 19th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Vic I want to get this game so bad, but i'm broke right now. I'll get it eventually probably in October. Post some impressions if you can.

The demo was great, the only thing i disliked about it was the combat, it seemed really simple. Zelda's combat is more complex than Okami's, and Zelda has a pretty simple combat system. I gotta play thru that demo some more maybe i'm missing the depth, but simple button mashing seemed to get me thru.

The music, atmosphere, celestial brush mechanics all great. I read the game is pretty long too, which is great to know. I was expecting maybe a 15 hour max title..i read it's closer to 30 though.

merylsilverburg
Sep 20th, 2006, 01:08 AM
The demo was great, the only thing i disliked about it was the combat, it seemed really simple. Zelda's combat is more complex than Okami's, and Zelda has a pretty simple combat system. I gotta play thru that demo some more maybe i'm missing the depth, but simple button mashing seemed to get me thru.

I think the minor enemies are just simple but I read the boss battles are supposed to be really innovative. You utilize the brush techniques a bit more, I think.

Sadly enough I completely forgot about this game. :shame: I've been so busy with school that I don't have time for games or anything else anymore. I'll probably still pick it up soon because I hate waiting until it's been out for a while already. So yeah, let us know Vic. :cool:

MakgSnake
Sep 21st, 2006, 08:02 AM
For some reason I am least intrested in this Okami game, it just doesn't look that great. I mean.........the color the used is like old 70's style. Makes me wanna puke.

But Yakuza seems pretty alright. Wouldn't buy it but would like to try it.

Vic Viper
Sep 21st, 2006, 02:43 PM
i got the game, but my PS2 wont read the damn disc... of all the time to crap out on me... it pisses me off... :frust:

i guess its time for me to buy a PStwo slim. shit. i hate you sony. :shame:

Berserker
Sep 22nd, 2006, 01:21 AM
i got the game, but my PS2 wont read the damn disc... of all the time to crap out on me... it pisses me off... :frust:

i guess its time for me to buy a PStwo slim. shit. i hate you sony. :shame:

Oow, that's nasty. With the ps3 barking at the door, you need to get another ps2. I suspect Sony of making ps2's crap out worldwide just before the ps3 arrival, due to the backwards capability of the new console. Or am I just getting paranoid with the evil Sony :laugh:

merylsilverburg
Sep 22nd, 2006, 02:02 AM
I mean.........the color the used is like old 70's style. Makes me wanna puke.

Is it because the color makes you dizzy or is it just not to your taste? Oh well, as they say: different strokes (no pun intended) for different folks. :D

Personally I like the colors. It really does look something from a art scroll or a dream-like fantasy world. Even though the colors are bolder than what you'd typically expect for something like that, I think it's rather attractive.

That really sucks Vic. :mad: I can't imagine how I'd feel getting a new game and having my PS2 break like that.

Redpyramidhead
Oct 6th, 2006, 09:23 AM
I just bought Okami :D

I'll let you all know how it is!

_RED_