PDA

View Full Version : Godhand

Infernal Mass
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Can you recall the humor and/or the over the top action of films like Kung Fu Hustle and Fist of the North Star. Well this project may interest you then..From the creator of Bio Hazard (aka Resident Evil) Shinji Mikami, and the mind behind Viewtiful Joe and the upcoming hit Okami comes Godhand.

trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?type=mov&id=11724)

Vic Viper
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:57 AM
this game looks silly. :laugh:

i hope it turns out good, cause i have yet to see a GOOD beat 'em up game this gen. :shame:

Infernal Mass
Jul 11th, 2006, 09:52 PM
The humor certainly adds a bit of charm to the combat. I believe the game will do well, both Shinji Mikami and Atushi Inada..that's some serious talent there. To see them working on the same project is great. Together they definately have the potential to reinvigorate the bet'em up genre.

Berserker
Jul 12th, 2006, 02:37 AM
I can't really judge this type of game by a trailer, it's all about the feel and the freedom in moves that you have. As long as they cram it full of moves(maybe customisable) and give it a fighter feel this could be great considering the talent that's working on it.

Infernal Mass
Jul 12th, 2006, 06:18 AM
The trailer previewed what looked like both she quan (snakefist) and zui quan (drunken fist) style attacks, if both styles are in the game it's a safe bet that variety of moves will be sufficent. There was also a glimpse of what looks like a power up menu to buy moves similar to both the DMC and Viewtiful Joe series.

Berserker
Jul 13th, 2006, 01:34 AM
I'm not familiar with any of the above games :fold:
But it sounds promising, cool to see ps2 is still busting out high profile games for the ps2 with the ps3 around the corner.