PDA

View Full Version : Changing Games!

MakgSnake
Jan 24th, 2002, 11:45 PM
Ok, I Play Alot Of PS2 At Friends Place. And I Noticed Something........If We Wanna Change A Game (Wants To Put A New Game).......We Just Hit The "Reset" Button...And Then Press The Eject Button. Is That The Right Way?. Or Is There Any Other Way To Change A Game!

I Mean From What I Think.......Thats A Bad Way.....I Mean Reseting Ure PS2. And Then While Its On Its Main Menu, Ure Taking Out And Putting In Another CD. Is That Safe.

For PsOne. I Use To Shut The Ps And Then Eject And There Went The New CD. Should We Do The Same Way With PS2? Or Reset Is Fine? Please Help

I Am Getting A PS2 Soon!!!! So Thats Why Making Sure Of Everything :D

Thank You :)

DragonSphere
Jan 25th, 2002, 01:16 AM
I do the exact same thing and had no problems thus far.

nanjij
Jan 25th, 2002, 02:03 AM
i just press the eject while its on then put the disc in then press the reset button, that seems to work

Soul Angel
Jan 25th, 2002, 08:14 AM
I take the disk out first then reset it and once on the main menu I put the other game disk in!
I haven't had problems with my PS2 so far by doing it that way

x157anz
Jan 25th, 2002, 01:45 PM
You can reset it then press the eject button no probs !!!!
I mean how els can you do it ?

MakgSnake
Jan 25th, 2002, 03:34 PM
Thats What I Am Saying, Is There Any Other Way!.! Cause All These Ways.....Looks Harsh And Not So Right! I Mean.......Some Of U Are Saying.....U EJECT While The Game Is On And Then Put Another CD In And Then RESET!.! That Sounds Terrible...!...If I Ever Did That To My Sega or PsOne, It'll Crash In 1 Week!.! And The Other Way........Reseting It First And Then While Ure On The Main Menu, U Put In Another CD, That Also Sounds Not So Good! (I Do That) But For Some Reason, It Just Doesn't Look Right!.!

So Thats Why I Asked... Is There Any "Other" Way Of Changing Games!.! I Am So Sorry For All This Confusion! :(

IcyMourdor
Jan 25th, 2002, 04:46 PM
Everytime I change games, I hit eject, exchange discs, put the new disc in, then it reset. No problems as of yet.

MakgSnake
Jan 26th, 2002, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Mourdor
Everytime I change games, I hit eject, exchange discs, put the new disc in
Ouch!! Doesn't That Hurt?.? I Mean.....It Sounds Awful! I Know It Has Not Caused Any Problem! So Its Cool But Still.....!......! Hmmm......

x157anz
Jan 26th, 2002, 07:20 AM
Everytime I change games, I hit eject, exchange discs, put the new disc in, then it reset. No problems as of yet.

OMG you hit ejact whilst another game is on ?!?!
Wouldnt that cause major problems to your PS2 ?

Soul Angel
Jan 26th, 2002, 09:38 AM
I think all of these ways are probably alright to use, if they haven't caused any problems let?

nanjij
Jan 26th, 2002, 03:07 PM
some one maybe someone on this site said its fine and it said so in the manual

kamari-ice
Jan 26th, 2002, 09:31 PM
I wouldn't do nothing if you never did it before.

Sleazy P Martini
Jan 27th, 2002, 09:54 AM
Ok this is right out of the PS2 manual. Changing from one game to another: there is no need to turn off the console when you want to change games.
1. Press the disc tray button, the disc tray opens.
2. Remove the disc.
3. Place a new disc in the disc tray.
4. Press the disc tray button, the disc tray closes.
5. Press the reset button briefly to reset.

nanjij
Jan 27th, 2002, 01:18 PM
just like i said

Spank-A-Thon
Jan 28th, 2002, 08:26 AM
Whether you press EJECT while a game is running or at the start-up screen is irrelevant - the disc is still spinning either way. You will not damage your PS2 which ever way you swap discs...

I can't believe people are asking how to eject and swap discs on a PS2 - I mean, it's not exactly rocket science.

I've been ejecting discs both ways for well over a year now and have had zero problems with my PS2.

- S

Reid
Jan 28th, 2002, 07:11 PM
I usually just eject the disc while it's running, put a different one in, then reset.
It works alright, and the manual ok-ed it.

Zelgadis
Feb 5th, 2002, 05:41 AM
omg ppl wth is wrong with ya did any of ya looka ta the menu for ps2 its says YOU DONT HAVE 2 TURN POWER OFF 2 CHANGE DICK
im like most of us restart then eject

Spank-A-Thon
Feb 5th, 2002, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Zelgadis
omg ppl wth is wrong with ya did any of ya looka ta the menu for ps2 its says YOU DONT HAVE 2 TURN POWER OFF 2 CHANGE DICKHey, I'd like you to know I'm more than happy with my penis - why on earth would I want to change my dick? :D

- S

Soul Angel
Feb 5th, 2002, 09:51 AM
LOL!!! :p :rolleyes: :D

Wow now I know why the PS2 is so popular for guys!! J/K (kidding) Lol :)

Btw Zelgadis don't worry about it we all do mistakes at times ;)

IcyMourdor
Feb 5th, 2002, 11:09 PM
How in the hell did we start talking about penises? Nothing better to talk about, I guess.

talon101
Mar 4th, 2002, 09:28 PM
all he did was miss a s it was a mistake thats all

Macceh^
Mar 25th, 2002, 06:24 AM
the proper way to do it for the old psone was to press eject in game add a new disc then reset i can only imagine its the way sony recomend for the ps2 aswell i just reset it then eject. But hey if theres no problems than its ok.

Vamp
Mar 26th, 2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon

I can't believe people are asking how to eject and swap discs on a PS2 - I mean, it's not exactly rocket science.

thanks for letting us know that it isnt rocket science i thought it was lol

but thats a bad decision by sony to release its system with such a stupid of changing games

imagine doing that with ure pc or dvd

Macceh^
Mar 28th, 2002, 11:13 AM
rofl didnt read that penis post :P

Andi
Apr 21st, 2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Reid
I usually just eject the disc while it's running, put a different one in, then reset.
It works alright, and the manual ok-ed it.

Same as what i do :laugh: