PDA

View Full Version : DVD help! please read and respond

adioskater93
Apr 10th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Ok, so I bought my ps2 2001-2002ish, and it's been fine, until this past week. It has been reading my games just fine, but the majority of my DVD's are put in, then I go into the browser, and it tries to read it longer than usual, then the screen that we all hate "disc read error" shows up. THe discs are all scratch-free and fairly new. Has this occurred with anyone else? I suspect that the discs are too new and formatted at a higher grade than that my PS2 can respond to. I am very frustrated with this.
Any ideas,thoughts, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Berserker
Apr 11th, 2006, 01:24 AM
It's supposed to be a common error with earlier ps2 models, maybe it's best to contact your local sony about it and find out if your ps2 was part of the batch with the faulty laser in it and maybe they can hook you up.

kamari-ice
Jun 1st, 2006, 08:55 PM
I agree with Berserker.

You do know that you have one free repair with your Playstation 2, don't you? I know, a lot of people do not know about that. :D

Anyways, have you ever tried playing movie DVD's on your Playstation 2 console in the past. If you have tried, and were successful, then it might be that your Playstation 2 cannot read the newly released DVD's.

Many people have had this problem, and they sent it to Sony, and they fixed the problem. But, if you can, try to see if an old DVD (before 2005) will play in your Playstation 2 console. If it does, successfully, then your problem is, that your console cannot read new DVD's.

:)