PDA

View Full Version : Movie Critics: Blade 2

DEADPOOL623
Mar 24th, 2002, 03:55 AM
Well, I saw Blade 2 the other day, and I must say it was pretty good. It wasn't as good as the original, but then again that's to be expected. Most of the appeal in movies like this is finding out more about the charecter and watching the reactions of the people in the movie as they find out. Atleast that's what I think. Anyway.....Blade 2 is a good movie, I'd recomend it for a night out. The fight scenes were pretty darn good. The only problem is that in some of the fight scenes they got CG happy and didn't do a good job on the scale of the people, Other than that, and certain "moves" towards the end (I won't spoil it for you), the fight scenes were just as good as the first movie, maybe even better. The story was decent. It was believeable, well, as believeable as you could get, but some elements and twists kinda weighed it down. Wistler, the love interest's final scene, the "BLOOD PACK" (the group and Idea was good, but c'mon, get a bit more creative with the name please!), all weighed it down a bit, but not enough to make the move suck. If you liked the first blade movie, then you'll like this one, atleast that's MY opinion.

PS: The ending in this movie, the absolute last scene, WAS BAD@$$!!!!!

wasat
Mar 24th, 2002, 04:16 AM
I live in Oz and Blade 2 isnt out here yet but im looking forward to it because i enjoyed the first one

Pu the Owl
Mar 24th, 2002, 06:10 AM
Not my genre, really.... :p

MADRUCKIS
Mar 24th, 2002, 01:34 PM
Definite good movie

Me and some friends caught it on Friday! I agree with all the CG effects, sometimes I would've liked it to be to scale but otherwise-the fight scenes made the movie. The last fight...not gonna spoil it cause the way it played out was.........nevermind! All I got to say is Blade is a good movie, and it had more killings per square inch than the first.
The soundtrack is pretty crazy too, it mixes hip hop with Alternative/mix/club music. They have like Mystikal and Moby on one track, lets just say that.

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 24th, 2002, 01:41 PM
Ah man action movies are my thing....I gotta see this!

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 24th, 2002, 02:21 PM
The movies great and i loved every minute of it id have to say they are pretty close in how good (blade 1 and blade 2) but i liked them both good plot and everything.

007_JamesBond
Mar 24th, 2002, 03:57 PM
I thought that the movie was awsome, and I bought the first one yesterday and the second one had awsome action scenes, ect.

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 24th, 2002, 05:02 PM
I hope they make a Blade 3 that would be sweet.

Reid
Mar 24th, 2002, 06:24 PM
I haven't seen this yet, but I really want to.

I liked the whole mood of the first one, and the action scenes, and acting were great.

007_JamesBond
Mar 24th, 2002, 07:00 PM
Reid if you thought that the action scenes were good in the first one multiply it a couple of times and you would have Blade 2 aswome sword fight in it

BlackThornn
Mar 24th, 2002, 07:04 PM
Just saw Blade II yesterday.. it's quite a good movie. I'm voting for a night out movie even though I was a cheapass and went to see the matinee. :D

Parts of the (extremely cool and well coreagraphed [spelling? Eh.]) fight scene were a little off with the CG, though.. Maya is *not* for showing intricate full body movements. Other than that I couldn't find anything really wrong with the movie.. Guillermo Del Toro is a sick, sick man.

If you like action, martial arts or otherwise, and either can stand or don't care about blood, definantly see this movie. You'll like it.

DEADPOOL623
Mar 25th, 2002, 01:27 AM
Good news, I know for a fact that their were 3 blade movies planed from the beginning. I don't know if there will be more than that, but if there are, I hope they keep making them good, and don't go and milk it to death. (like jason X, did anyone else catch those previews? GEEZ! I think I'll go see it just to shine on it, have to bring the old overalls to sift through all the corn that's gonna be in that movie though :laugh: )

BlackThornn
Mar 25th, 2002, 11:15 AM
Is Jason X the tenth one? That's IMO the only reason any reasonably legitimate title should have a sh** title like that.. I wouldn't know if it were the tenth one because I've never really patronized the "Jason" stuff in theaters.

I still don't get what the plot is.. Was Jason some kind of engineered mutant or something in the last films? Was he made by the government? O_o

I'll go see that movie the day I buy an Xbox and kiss up to the evil little gnome. (Bill Gates)

Spirit
Mar 25th, 2002, 12:20 PM
just saw it, although I was a little bit f-ed up at the time
its good and it seemed like one long good fight =P

BlackThornn
Mar 25th, 2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Spirit
just saw it, although I was a little bit f-ed up at the time
its good and it seemed like one long good fight =P

*smirking* And that's a bad thing? (on both counts. :D)

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 25th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Since im a person who craves action and could care less for a plot i loved the movie.

nanjij
Mar 25th, 2002, 02:35 PM
i cant seeit cause im not 18 yet
i may have to get it piarate or wait 4 rent :(

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 25th, 2002, 02:42 PM
Now thats gotta suck having to wait i remember those good ole days lol.