PDA

View Full Version : KOF: Maximum Impact 2

Berserker
Mar 28th, 2006, 04:52 AM
Or KOF '06 it's not really clear at this point, it's the follow up to Maximum Impact 1 that's for sure.
Read a preview from the guys at IGN.com here

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/698/698020p1.html

You can find the official MI:2 page here

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/

Where there are screenshots, gameplay vids, background stories etc.
Some in japanese but you can quite easy navigate through the site on the url's.
What do you guys think, will it be a giant leap forward from part 1 or just a bit finetuning for the last ps2 installment with a lot more chars??

Vic Viper
Mar 28th, 2006, 11:03 AM
King of Fighters series should stay 2d. why do they do this ?! :frust:

TtTackler
Mar 28th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Don't know about you, but I think Mortal Kombat made a nice transition to 3d fighting. Never really played the KOF series though.

Berserker
Mar 29th, 2006, 01:41 AM
Agreed Vic...agreed. But it's sad to say but 2d fighting is kinda dying, SNK and Sammy(guilty gear/rumble fish-series) are the only ones keeping it real. But it's a fact that of all the great SNK games, the number one seller in the US was MI. Regardless of the fact that their 2d fighters are far superior, oh well at least we got KOF Xl, Samurai showdown and maybe even Neo-Geo Battle Colliseum in the pipeline. I'm just affraid when MI2 outsells every 2d fighter on the us/euro market by a mile, they're gonna focus on 3d for outside Japan.

Ttackler, I liked the 2d MK-games better than the 3d-series. The 3d series could really kick-ass but then they should drop the horrible dial combos and do something about the stiff-gameplay IMO. MK armageddon is coming, I'm getting that for sure because of all the chars are in there, but it's still the same fighting system...no matter how many stuff they cram on one disc.

Phenom
Mar 29th, 2006, 08:04 AM
I don't know. I didn't like the 1st MI. Hell, I haven't had interest in fighting games for a while now. Only fighting game that really interest me these days are the DoA games.

In any case though I too think KoF should stay 2d..... Actually, I don't care. Then again, I've been wanting all my fighting type games to be somewhat on the same basis as Power Stone. (2d or 3d, didn't matter)

Berserker
Mar 29th, 2006, 08:14 AM
With DOA, you mean the new 360 one or the ultimate one?? I never really gotten into DOA, can't tell why really. Powerstone never heard of it, care to enlighten me??

BTW I just read that KOF Neowave will be coming to pal ps2, so that's at least one more 2d fighter for euro ps2.

Phenom
Mar 29th, 2006, 08:27 AM
With DOA, you mean the new 360 one or the ultimate one?? I never really gotten into DOA, can't tell why really.
Basically the Ultimate or 3 with extras. My eyes are on DoA4 but I won't have it anytime soon because I don't own a 360. Perhaps it's a perference thing about why you can't get into DoA? Like I don't care much for the Soul Calibur series (Only one I really like is the 1st one) and the Tekken series.... as well as the Mortal Kombats (everything just became old to me in this. Fatalities don't cut it for me anymore) etc etc..

Powerstone never heard of it, care to enlighten me??
You never played Powerstone for the dreamcast? It has an anime look so to speak, but it's on the similar basis to Smash Brothers except the 3d thing. (4 player game) Reason I liked that game so much was because of how they used almost everything in the environment as a weapon. Ranging from chairs, poles etc.etc.. (Something all fighting type games need these days) It's been a long time since I've played it though so I could be missing alot, and my explainations sucks.

Berserker
Mar 30th, 2006, 02:32 AM
Yeah, it's basically a prefernce thing as you said, games like smash bros and MK are fun for a while for me but as soon as the gimmick wears off for me I don't come back anymore. Personally I like the games with a lot of technical depth and skill in it, like the GG and SF series with Guard cancel, Gaurd front stepping, super exceed moves, crouch cancelling, parrying, dustlooping etc. It just keeps me coming back try to learn more and understanding the priorities and characters better. Something I miss a lot in most games.
It's basically a 2d-thing, allthough I really like the depth a VF 4 has plus I really like Soul Calibur ll for the fast gameplay and tough AI which can lead to maniac battles on higher settings.
I still need to check out DOA Ultimate, allthough I'm a little biased because of the bashing that goes on about the presumed button-mashing in the game, I need to give it a fair chance IMO.

I never owned a dreamcast, it was never populair here so it came and went very fast. :shame:
Lots of nice fighters available for the dreamcast.... :S
Maybe try to pick up a second hand one sometime.