Reid
Mar 24th, 2002, 12:25 PM
A little bit.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 24th, 2002, 12:30 PM
So do I.

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 24th, 2002, 01:35 PM
I'd love to learn...it looks really cool...and the whole rockstar thing that goes along with it sounds awesome!

Faile
Mar 24th, 2002, 01:48 PM
i exist for my guitar

Pu the Owl
Mar 24th, 2002, 02:21 PM
I've tried guitar for a period, then I changed my mind and got a bass XD

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 24th, 2002, 02:28 PM
I've been playing for about 15 years. And over time you acquire a good collection of gear. Here's what I have now.
Guitars and basses:
1985 Gibson Les Paul
1981 Squire strat
Ibanez RG450 (black)
Ibanez RG450 (White)
Ibanez Soungear bass
Fender Pwer/Jass bass (Wierd bass, it has a precision body and a jazz neck, and no pickguard)

Amps:
Peavy sterio chorus 212
Fender rockpro head with marshall 4x12 slant top cabinet.
Peavy mega bass head 400 watts, Eden 4x10 cabinet, Peavy DJS 18" sub.

Pu the Owl
Mar 24th, 2002, 02:31 PM
That's a nice collection!

Is there among the ones you mentioned your first guitar?

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 24th, 2002, 02:47 PM
My first guitar was a BC Rich. And thats long gone.

talon101
Mar 25th, 2002, 02:46 AM
im suprised sssnake hasent posted here

anyway i play guitar somtimes
mostly at school in music

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 25th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Woo hoo a guitar thread.Yeah i play guitar and it runs my life.I've been playing for about 3 years and play pretty much everyday.My first guitar was a fender stratocaster and later i got my gibson SG.I hoping to get into music for a career someday.

Cannibal Clown
Mar 25th, 2002, 03:23 PM
I have about seven friends who play guitar, and most of them are really good. My sister just started learning as well. She sucks, but I'm sure she'll het better as time progresses. As for me though, no, I don't. I'd like to be able to though, but I don't have the time, patience, and the whole talent thing doesn't run in me soo. Oh well. I can still watch everyone else I know get better. I get some sort of joy out of that I guess.

jenova_jeb
Mar 26th, 2002, 01:54 AM
I don't think I'm going to be playing for awhile. I just broke my finger, and there's no way I can get any chords now :disgust:.

MakgSnake
Mar 26th, 2002, 06:11 AM
*Stands Up In Fear Shock And Confused Manner*

I Play, I Love, I Miss, All Above.

IcyMourdor
Mar 26th, 2002, 11:09 AM
I want to learn to play a guitar, but I haven't taken the time to learn. Maybe SSSnake can teach me or something.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 26th, 2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Mourdor
I want to learn to play a guitar, but I haven't taken the time to learn. Maybe SSSnake can teach me or something.

Remeber you just can't pick up a guitar and learn how to play.It takes lots and lots of practic.I play everyday just doing scales and working on picking.I'm self taught and it took me a good year before i knew all my chords.If you wanna learn guitar and the basic is suggest you take guitar lessons.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 26th, 2002, 01:21 PM
I'm self taught too SSSnake. I need to work on my rhythm guitar skills. I haven't played much recently and I've gotten rusty. When I do play, all I do is noodle. I need to join a group again before I lose all my chops.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 26th, 2002, 01:23 PM
Just put in about an hour day.Thats what i do.I just sit in my room and pick around for an hour seeing what stuff i can do.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 26th, 2002, 01:28 PM
My great accomplishment was finally being able to play the solo to Leper Messiah by Metallica. I tried to play the rhythm to battery and.....well I've lost my endurance. I'm going to start learning some Angus Young solos. I love his style.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 26th, 2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini
My great accomplishment was finally being able to play the solo to Leper Messiah by Metallica. I tried to play the rhythm to battery and.....well I've lost my endurance. I'm going to start learning some Angus Young solos. I love his style.

Hay which album is that on and who does the lead.Is it hammet of mustiane

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 26th, 2002, 01:56 PM
It's on the Master of Puppets album. And it's Kirk's solo. Dave Mustaine never played on an official album. He was kicked out just prior to the recording of Kill Em All.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 26th, 2002, 02:21 PM
The only reason i asked tha is because i never heard if that song and i was wondering if it was an unreleased one when they had mustaine with the band.Anyways thanks for answering my question.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 26th, 2002, 03:47 PM
I discovered Metallica in 1986. I've seen them twice in concert, but ever since the And Justice for All album I haven't really been a fan. I only like the early stuff.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 26th, 2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini
I discovered Metallica in 1986. I've seen them twice in concert, but ever since the And Justice for All album I haven't really been a fan. I only like the early stuff.

You mean you liked them when they were more of a metal band not the alternative one they are now.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 26th, 2002, 04:25 PM
Exactly. It seems they lost their edge when Bob Rock started producing their records.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 26th, 2002, 04:49 PM
Hay what kind of music can you play sleazy?What songs you kmow.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 26th, 2002, 05:05 PM
Well on bass I can pretty much play anything rock/metal except for advanced slapping like Primus. Guitar is different. I can solo in E without too much thought but when it comes to other keys, I can't improv. But as for learning songs, it's pretty simple except for crazy Mary Freidman or Stevi Vai shredding. Thats too fast for me. If I were to specify a style that would suit me best for guitar it would be AC/DC. Really cool solo's that aren't too fast for me to play.

Vamp
Mar 26th, 2002, 05:52 PM
woh u guys know so much about guitars

i dont play it much because i think piano is a much better and more soothing instrument. me love piano

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 26th, 2002, 06:28 PM
But vamp you know that guitar is much much harder than piano too.As for soothing guitar can be too,espically nothin else matters my metallica on the acoustic.

Reid
Mar 26th, 2002, 06:40 PM
I learned how to play the songs Lateralus by Tool, and Scar Tissue by the Red Hot Chili Peppers on the weekend.

Woo!

(Probably pretty easy stuff though . . . :disturb: )

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 26th, 2002, 06:52 PM
Heres some of the songs i play,for 3 years playing i say im doing pretty good.

Creed~ My sacrifice,Whats this life for,Arms wide open.
Metallica~ Nothin else matters,Enter sandman
Tantric~ Mourning
3 Doors Down~ Be like that,So i need you,kryptonite
Fuel~ Innocent,Bad Day
Lynard Skynard~ Free bird,sweet home alabama,Gimme three steps
Led Zepplin~ Stairway to heaven
Nickelback~ Leader of men
Black Sabbath~ Paranoid,Iron man
Ozzy Osbounre~ Crazy Train
Collective Soul~ Run,Needs
Neil Young~ Rockin in the Free world
Jimi Hendrix~ All along the watch tower
Blink 182~ Rock show,All the small things
Puddle of Mudd~ Control...............................

I can play a few more but there no use in listing them.

wasat
Mar 28th, 2002, 03:40 AM
i can play nothing else matters its a sweet song

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 28th, 2002, 12:35 PM
Yeah its a pretty easy song to play too.

Hylas
Mar 28th, 2002, 03:57 PM
I've tried very hard to learn but I couldn't :weep:

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 28th, 2002, 04:47 PM
Hylas how long did you play.If your were trying to self teach yourself it takes a good 2 months before you start to show some results on the guitar.

TtTackler
Mar 28th, 2002, 06:01 PM
I've been playing for 4 years this April. I don't know anyone my age that likes the same music as me except my cousins which are a little bit older than me. I know how to play a lot of songs, obvisously :roll: But in the past year I've been playing only like 2 days a week :weep: :weep: Buuut, I got a guitar book of THE GAWD'S best hits, Jimi Hendrix, which I'm gonna start playing through once I get new strings. Oh yeah, I take lessons every Monday ^-^;

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 28th, 2002, 06:03 PM
Come on when you take lessons your not developing your own style your copying someone else.Just teach yourself,its not to tough just time consuming.

Mercury Shadow
Mar 28th, 2002, 06:08 PM
It's pretty hard for me to play a semi hard guitar part and sing at the same time :sarcasm: Can anyone sing and play guitar at the same time? Other than just a simple chord pattern.

Hylas
Mar 28th, 2002, 06:10 PM
I've been trying for one year, more or less, but even though I was able to play some easy tunes, Ithought it was a waste of time for me to continue :p

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 28th, 2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Mercury_Shadow
It's pretty hard for me to play a semi hard guitar part and sing at the same time :sarcasm: Can anyone sing and play guitar at the same time? Other than just a simple chord pattern.

Oh yeah i can sing and play at the same time.It is incredibly difficult.I usually practice by playin my chords without looking at them and then it makes it easier to sing so you dont have to keep looking down.Whats really tough is putting in interlude and singing.

TtTackler
Mar 28th, 2002, 07:21 PM
Getting lessons is not taking someone elses style snake, have you ever seen a lesson or taken one? All they do is teach you have to play, like how to read music, do stuff like slides n ect., and bunch of other stuff. Right now I'm going over arpeggios (sp?) like how to arpeggiate, and make your own scales out of them and stuff. And also my teacher rights down tabs when i bring in songs for me =) But, you arn't learning someone elses style.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 28th, 2002, 07:38 PM
Umm you know that the greats like jimi hendrix ,jimmy page ,kirk hammet ,eddie van halen and steve ray vaughn were all self taught and nobody showed them the scales or anything they taught themselves.That why we arent seeing any good guitarist these days all there scales and everything are based on what someone else showed them.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 28th, 2002, 08:00 PM
Actually I don't think lessons are a bad thing. I took one bass lesson and the guy taught me my fretboard. Best 15 bucks I ever spent. Because of that one lesson I can improvise anything with a bass. Just tell me what key you're in. ;)

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 29th, 2002, 01:12 AM
Sleazy you took Lessons,im shocked.As for me i had to learn all the minor and major chords on the bar by myslef and it was pretty hard to remeber them all.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 29th, 2002, 01:31 AM
Not lessons. I took ONE bass lesson.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 29th, 2002, 01:46 AM
Alright forget that stupid last comment.I get crazy over dumb things.

TtTackler
Mar 29th, 2002, 01:10 PM
I know that most greats tuaght themselves, so did my dad, but you learn more about the guitar with lessons, and you can actually read music, even though tabs are eaiser

jenova_jeb
Mar 29th, 2002, 02:48 PM
I take lessons too. I think they're great if your teacher is really good. My teacher is really good at it, and can teach me all of the easiest and most effective ways to play.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 29th, 2002, 02:55 PM
Well since were done talking about who plays guitars.I going to put up the chords to Nothin else matters.The way i play the main part is E minor D and the G moved down one step.Its basically all picking in those chords.