PDA

View Full Version : Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams

merylsilverburg
Mar 6th, 2006, 12:27 AM
I played a demo of the game on this month's OPM issue and I don't know what to say about it. :laugh: I don't know whether this is more of a rental or a must-buy.

The plot seems different, but it might still follow the same "storyline" as the previous 3...

The gameplay is now more similar to Capcom's "DMC" series...there's the performance rating when you do a chain of combos on enemies and there's an overall rating at the end of the level. Also, the menu is similar to an RPG (and "DMC" maybe) where it displays health stats, mp stats, orb stats, and more. I kind of don't like these new additions because it reminds me too much of "DMC." I know both games are by Capcom, but what's with the need to have that performance rating and combo rating just like Dante? I know the new main character, Soku or whatever, is supposed to be "cool" and modern, but can we please have a difference between the games? :P

Is anyone going to buy the game or is anyone looking forward to it? Or do you think the "Onimusha" series is a tired one and should've ended at 3?

Phenom
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:53 AM
I do plan on getting it but I was sort of waiting to see some kind of review or video because I've only seen pictures. And from those pictures I was under the impression that it was turned into something similar to Dynasty Warriors. (glad you cleared that one up.) Not saying that there's anything wrong with DW, just don't need another similar game. In any case, I do plan on getting this game, but probably when it's price is dropped down to may $20. (I'm still cheap ^^ )

Vic Viper
Mar 8th, 2006, 05:45 PM
im kinda getting tired of Onimusha, i'll do the same as Kightmare said, i'll just get it when it hits $20.

merylsilverburg
Mar 9th, 2006, 04:58 AM
I'm thinking most people are going to do this (wait till it drops)...such a shame Capcom decided to continue, they really should've left it at the third game with Samanosuke.

Redpyramidhead
Mar 9th, 2006, 02:47 PM
The original trilogy ended with 3 so they decided to do something new with the franchise.

_RED_ stuff

Redpyramidhead
May 12th, 2006, 02:40 PM
I'm thinking most people are going to do this (wait till it drops)...such a shame Capcom decided to continue, they really should've left it at the third game with Samanosuke.

I do not think it is a shame. I have yet to play this game, but from what I have read, it is actually very good. From what I understand, this is a new story line with a new type of gameplay that should not infringe upon the prestige of the original series. The only way it can do that is if you insist on letting it bother you in that way in your mind. Why not enjoy the prospects of a new gaming experience? That is just my opinion. It is not so much a sequel, as a brand new start with something fresh. Of course, I am not as tightly bound emotionally to this series as many of you. I've been too busy paying more attention to other series.

_RED_ stuff

Frozen
Jul 11th, 2006, 09:38 PM
I have not even played Onimusha 3 yet, the last PS2 game I was into was Snake Eater, but this game along with DMC 3 are probably the last purchases I'll make for PS2 along with Ace Combat 5.