PDA

View Full Version : Member Opinion Thread 2006

happy_doughnut
Feb 6th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Because I have a lot of homework to do, I decided to sit here in front of my PC and peruse some old threads from the forums instead. Some of them made me so nostalgic. :weep:

Anyway, I'm pretty sure most of the older members know what this is all about. But, for those of you who are new or those who simply have no clue, this thread is made occassionally by members so that other members can post their positive opinions about . . . other members. You know, the ins and outs of why you "like" a certain member, or simply just things you like about their posting personalities.

This is not to say that we are conducting apple polishing threads, because the point of this is not to kiss up to anyone--what would be the point, anyway? This is just one of those threads that are simply nice to read (so keep it that way, or else I'll send you to the banhammeress Panuru :evil: ). :)

So, yes: It's that time again to come in and post your sincere opinions (note: by "sincere" I mean positive sincerety--this is not a hate thread) about the members here.

Post away! Mine will come later. :shappy:

IcyMourdor
Feb 7th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Why not get this started out...

I always believe that you can tell about who and how a person is in real life by how they post. After all, they are typing their thoughts instead of speaking them.

Harry, Panaru, Carlito, and Rei: The best people I have ever worked for. Also some of the busiest people I know. They all have worked hard to keep this site and the forums up and running for us to use and have fun conversing with other gamers and friends.

Not to mention, it was usually Harry that kept my spirits up about this place. He has a great way of showing appreciation and motivation that can help with anybody.

Panaru just likes to hunt bad posters as much as I do. She has been so kind to me and everyone I know in the past.

Carlito, the man of many voices who cannot speak. He says a lot in the what little he has in his posts.

Rei gets a bonus since she is my favorite anime character. Keeps a professional work basis without the attitude. Never seems to get angry and always shows kindness in her opinions.

Soul Angel: You think I'm going to go through this thing without mentioning her? She has been one of my close personal friends since I came on this site over 3 years ago. While she isn't as active as she once was, I still talk to her as much as I can. Her posts are usually gentle, even though she uses way too many "u" in her words (darn bloody english) :D.

Kupo: Probably the only one I will admit to knowing more about FF than I do, and that is a LOT of knowledge. Not afraid to use pink letters (the only member I can ever think of using them), he shows his intellect in his many detailed posts.

Happy: How can you not like someone with Happy in their name? Now that she has finally decided on the name she wants to use. Her cute posts have flooded these forums since as long as i can remember. Kind to many people and doesn't care about any stereotypes. Appearantly, needs some motivation in her schoolwork, but that can come later.

Meryl: She has yet to forget sending me a PM for my birthday. She is so sweet. She always shows her nice she is to others and is overall a great person.

Meiko: The one I got paired off with in that couples thread a while back. She said she was vanilla flavored and I love vanilla, so she gets an automatic plus. Kinda quiet with her posts, usually getting straight to the point and yet also calm and collected every time.

Bah, time for work. Ciao til later.

Meiko
Feb 7th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Harry is a very patient person, and very dedicated to his work. I admire him.

Panuru is a very gentle person. She helped me when I had troubles with the account and email. I like to read what she writes too.

Merylsilverburg posts are always interesting to read, especially when they are about anime, I could learn a lot about it from her posts. Her opinions always make sense to me and I agree with what she says most of the times.

IcyMourdor seems a very responsible person to me, one you can trust. He takes his duties very seriously. He must be very reliable in real life too. I'm pretty sure:)

happy_doughnut always has something original to say. Her threads are very popular. She must be a fun person in real life.

kupoartist has great taste when it comes to graphics. I love his avatars and banners, and the stuff he posts. They're always cute and well done :D

I also very often look forward to what berserker posts. Like in meryl's case, but about more general matters, his posts make always a lot of sense. I think he must be a person who's able to enjoy life.

Faile
Feb 7th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Ah, the thread returns! I can't believe the last one was so long ago...
First off, I have to say that this little corner of the internet is probably filled with the most lovely people I've ever come across on the internet, and that extends to all the members who post here. I feel special just to be looking in. Sure, we don't always agree on everything, but we're ace all the same. So really that's my opinion on the forums members! All of them. Some personal highlights of the last four years (Wow! So long...) have to be based around the real political debates we had going in the run to the 2004 US presidential election, and the sense of hope I experienced from this site at a really bad time in my life. That's probably one of the experiences I'll cherish the most from my life. Sure, things didn't work out how some of us wanted, but here for a while, things seemed to be so positive. I don't know, that's just how I interpreted it.
I know I'm definitely not as close to the members here as some of you are, but I've got to thank everyone for allowing me to form a small part of this community.

Secondly, and perhaps most importantly, I'll comment on the two members I feel I know the best. Happy & Panuru. These two people are incredibly amazing and words can't describe how honoured I feel to have met them. I know our contact is erratic if at all, but I'll always consider them two of the greatest friends I've ever known. I've known Panuru throughout most of the most formative periods of my life I guess, going back many many years and she's just been the greatest influence on my musical taste and how I look at the world. I'm perhaps slightly scared of her today, knowing how I've run to ruin somewhat and left my ideals behind and become something of a wreck, but that's my problem and my mistakes; running scared from good friends. Anyway, my thanks to her for saving me in the past so often. I owe her more than words can convey.
Harry is a deeply amazing person too, he's again inspired me in my viewpoints and how I see the world and it's media. His very drive behind this site and a quest to maintain independance and a dream is something that is so important in this world right now, and we should all support him as far as we can (and I know we all do, but it needed to be said). He's definitely not the monster he makes himself out to be, except for a dead scary mickey mouse impression. I'm wrapped up in a little guilt that compared to what these two people have given, I've been able to return so little. But yes, I had to say how much these two people mean to me!
Anyway, I think everyone here is brilliant.
Stay beautiful xx

Berserker
Feb 8th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Nice to see this thread again, I think we skipped a year, right??

I'll chop this up in parts, cause every once in a while I need to do some work at work :laugh:

Harry: What else can I say about this guy, that hasn't been said a million times before? He IS the man, FACT! I admire him for so many things, he got an amazing amount of perseverance, vision, positive energy. Always has a kind word for everyone. I've got a lot of respect for him.

Panuru: My fave mod, great person one of the thriving forces behind this community. Isn't as evil a mod as she likes us to believe, overall loveable person. In all her posts shines a light of intelligence and great live-experience.

Hylas: Great personality, her posts are always interesting to read, all-round cool person. One of those people that make this place the way it is.

Rei: Another great mod, very fair to all! Always correct, always nice and honest.

Red: What can I say? Another great personality, stands for what he believes in, very artistic, great taste in music. His love of silent hill is legendary around this place.

Trunks: My main man C., this guy is something else I tell you! Great guy, always cool to hear from him. Had his share of rough times, but always manages to come out on top I gotta lot of respect for that. He and Red are famous for the first (and only till this day) psfantasy roadtrip, better watch out when these two hit some street near you!

Meryl: How doesn’t love Meryl? Very lovely person, creator of the famous psfantasy comic! A sweeter girl than this is hard to find, awesome personality always nice to read her posts.

Happy_Doughnut: Great person, great sense of humor! Author of many classic psfantasy threads, great writer should really use that talent to the max!
Especially the “thing” between her and Infernal is always fun to read, great stuff!

Gamer: Allthough his use of words and spelling drives confuses me sometimes, he always manages to put a smile on my face, legendary around this place for his love of Nintendo. Great guy, nice taste of music BTW.

Goodman: Great guy, very wise. The man is a legend around here nuff said.

Meiko: Great lady, allthough she doesn’t post that much around here, whenever she does it is always worth the wait. She choses her words wisely.

Gadzoox: Too bad she had to go, my favorite artist around here very VERY talented lady and great person. Hope she’s doing well.

Kaena: Her being gone here, is a sad thing for all of us. Wonderfull, beautiful lady that always had something thoughtfull to say.

Vic: This guy should be a games reporter, always brings all the scopes for us. Great informative poster, with a great knowledge of games.

Infernall: This guy is the s%@!, always cranks me up with his posts, great guy. Has a firm opinion about almost everything and will voice it gotta respect that!

More to follow soon...

merylsilverburg
Feb 12th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Harry: As what the others said already, Harry is a person one can’t help but admire. His intelligence, his kindness, good-nature, advices, patience and his dedication to his passions…there’s too many good things to say about him. It always blows me away how hard he works and how he gets the motivation everyday...while others would simply give up or lose hope, he’s pushes on, always marching forward towards his dreams. He’s an inspiration to everyone and I’m grateful for the chance of being able to know him and work with him. Thank you.

Panuru: Panuru is someone I immediately felt a connection with when I first joined here. Despite her somewhat intimidating nature (which, I admit, I still feel even today :right: ), she is really one of the easiest people to get along with and incredibly fun to talk to. Like Harry, I also admire her greatly because of her intelligence, common sense, good-nature, advice, sincerity and honesty, not being afraid to speak her mind, and much more. I’m also grateful for being able to know her and thankful for all the times she had to put up with me.

happy_doughnut: A girl who is really one-of-her-kind, the best way to describe her would be: unique. Her range is amazing, from being thoughtful, intense, and emotional to being silly, funny, and uplifting; it’s always interesting to see her change of moods/tone. Even though her lack of confidence, insecurities, and constant worries can sometimes overwhelm her, once she forgets all that, she really is just a big ray of sunshine and those caught in her light would immediately get hooked. You can’t find a better friend than this.

Beretta55: While he doesn’t post much anymore, he is someone worth getting to know. I always look forward to discussing with him about various subjects, whether it’s about rowdy teenagers to the overlooked sleeper games to zombies. :D And even though he is fairly young, he comes off very mature because of his thoughtfulness, his observations, and his keen mind. I also look forward to reading his stories, which are always very imaginative.

kupoartist: It’s impossible, and I repeat, impossible not to like this guy. His love for pink is intoxicatingly addictive and I, who dislike the color pink, can’t help but always look forward and smile whenever I see his posts! Very smart, funny, and kind, but also serious and has the amazing ability to tell someone to “f*ck off” in the most witty, clever, and non-rude way. So yes, I admire him greatly for that. His knowledge and love for FF makes him one of the persons to go to whenever you need guidance or help. Great guy.

IcyMourdor: These forums couldn’t do without him, seriously. Always on the top of the game, he’s someone who is so responsible and helpful, I honestly feel he could run the whole place by himself. :laugh: Other than being a really huge FF fan, he's also someone who is great to talk to because he is very sincere and attentive. But, even though he is serious, he can also be a great jokester, having a very odd (in a good way) sense of humor. I’m really glad to have the chance of knowing him.

Redpyramidhead: A very eclectic sort of guy, he and I aren’t always on friendly terms due to his moodiness, but whenever he is sorted out, he probably is the best listener and the most caring out of everyone on here. It’s always a shame to hear his day or week isn’t going well or his health is deteriorating because he is worried about friends or family. It makes me feel that people take advantage of his kindness, which kinda pisses me off. It’s hard not to admire him, though, because of his patience and his sensitivity to help those in need. He is also a good musician and I wish him luck in his future musical endeavors.

Beserker: A really good-natured fellow, he’s really someone you can very well just “chill” with. You can always count on his posts for either a laugh or something meaningful, but either way, his thoughts are always a pleasure to read. I feel he is someone who is very carefree with things, so he takes whatever life deals him and deals with it “his” way. I feel sad I don’t know him very well, but I do hope to get to know him better one day.

goodman: goodman, being the oldest member on here, is someone to look up to. He used to frequent this place often in the past, so it’s a shame not to see him around anymore. But the few posts he does make whenever he comes on, are always worthwhile and always leaves an impact on those who reads it. Very wise and patient, he’s always been the sort of “father figure” to everyone, always able to give helpful advice and information thanks to his maturity, his experience, and his vast knowledge. I’m sure I’m not alone when I say “Thanks for everything.”

Hylas: The most prominent quality that comes to my mind when I think of this girl is her boldness. I feel her personality is the one and same as her avatar character, Asuka. She can be somewhat intimidating because she speaks her mind often, but this, like the others, is a quality that I like about her. She is honest, so whenever she comes off as inconsiderate, I know she doesn’t completely mean any harm by it. But besides this, she is also very kind and fragile at times but manages to boost herself back up and this is an admirable feat in my eyes.

MakgSnake: I find it scary how, after all these years, only now have I finally caught up to his post count, thanks to his absence. :laugh: He is the only guy that I think of when I think of “true MGS fan” because his knowledge and love for the series is so vast and so strong. He is a very emotional guy whose moods can shift and change rather quickly, so it’s always interesting to see how he is feeling whenever you talk with him. He’s kind and equal with everyone and I always look forward to his posts because he’s always able to bring life and different viewpoints to many subjects.

Uchiha Sasuke: Nowadays he just posts here and there, but I remember his old ways in the past and his old personality which I found endearing. He may not have changed much, but I remember how nice he was and how patient and calm he was…I think part of this was due to his insecurity. Now, he’s older, bolder, and confident, which is a good thing since it shows how much he’s improved and how far he’s come in life. It’d be nice to see him post his thoughts on how he’s doing and what he thinks of current events, games, and general subjects again.

Rei: An incredibly nice girl and very fair with everyone, I feel she, like Hylas, is very much like her avatar personality. She always comes off as mysterious to me because she is very quiet and only posts whenever she has something worthwhile to say. Her posts, as little as they are, always have that combination of smartness and wittiness, giving people different perspectives on whatever the subject is about.

Carlito: Even more mysterious than Rei, he always has something very intellectual and deep to say whenever he wants to comment on a subject. And even though he is a nice guy, he is very equal with everyone; he really doesn’t care who you are or how nice you are, he treats everyone the same and if you cross the line, he’ll definitely say so. I’m really glad I got the chance to be acquainted with him, though I do wish he’d come on more often and post.

Faile: I don’t really know him well, but I always feel some sort of pity for him. It seems he has a lot of insecurities with life, a lot of bad encounters and memories, so he seems very distant from everyone but it’s understandable why he’s choosy with the people he gets along with. He seems to possess a sort of natural wisdom within him, a good deal of common sense, but I also feel his vast experiences help enhance those as well. I feel that he is someone who can be really likeable once you get past his strong outer shell, so those who do should feel really fortunate.

merylsilverburg
Feb 12th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Sorry to double-post but my previous one was too long. :P

Anyway...

Vic Viper: It’s hard to remember a time when he used to post about other subjects other than news or information about the latest games or hardware. Like what another member has said, he’s someone totally reliable when you want to know information about an upcoming game or general news about gaming. Sometimes I feel he has access to some sort of unknown media, which streams non-stop exclusive latest information 24/7. Vic, you and your computer needs to chill once in a while and let someone else handle this responsibility, okay? J/K :laugh:

Infernal Mass: He used to be the king of jokes, interesting photos, and sometimes spam, but it’s always harmless and good for laughs. Nowadays, he’s toned it down but we all know he still has it within him. He’s a nice guy who has an odd sense of humor, but he’s also pretty informative when it comes to gaming and news. There’s plenty of people on here who know him well, but I think no one knows him better than happy_doughnut.

Meiko: Such an enjoyable girl, so it’s a shame to only see her once in a while. Her threads are always very interesting and refreshing and her posts are always great to read. She is a very nice girl who seems to have a great personality, very considerate of others, the “deep-thinker” type, and I immediately liked her when she first joined. I wish we could know her a little more but her quiet demeanor is just fine and suits her rather well. ^_^

Qjij_jijQ: Only the older members would remember him, but he’s always been such a good-natured, carefree guy, so he’s someone you can like quite easily. His strange sense of humor can come off as too corny, but he always manages to make me laugh. Despite his goofiness, he can be quite serious and very intense during certain subjects. It’s a shame he doesn’t come on often anymore, but it’s always a pleasure whenever he does.

Reid: Reid has disappeared indefinitely, but I would always remember him as the quietest and mellow member on here. His avatar picture is Spike from the anime Cowboy Bebop and, like the other two members I mentioned, his personality is very much like Spike. One of the other members who enjoys Japan and knows quite a bit of Japanese, I feel he is someone who is well-suited to live there because of his demeanor which I admire. A very nice guy who was able to calm me down during a chaotic period of mine, I wish he’d come on once again just to say “Hi.”

007_JamesBond: He, like Reid, has disappeared but I remember our conversations from the past. While we never talked about anything personal, he is definitely the biggest 007/James Bond fan around. I would consider him a movie connosieur, since he watches almost everything and it was great to talk to him about movies and learn from him. He has a single dream, which is to take over/buy Cuba, and I'll always remember this because I found it so incredibly fascinating and unexpected.

MADRUCKIS: He's always been a very cool member, I always enjoyed reading his intellectual and deep posts about certain subjects in the past. I think the most memorable conversation I ever had with him was probably anime and "Kingdom Hearts." We really went far with the theories. :laugh: A guy who always looks forward and never thinks about the past, his personality and way of thinking got him very far in life...seeing how he wrote his novel and is publishing it, I wish him all the luck for the future.

That's all I have for now.

tempted
Feb 19th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Oh coolito this again!...Well since i've been gone for awhile, i can only talk about the people i've kept some contact with...and can't say much about what they do in the forums...so i'll talk about the "personalities"...hmm...lets start with my fav person on here:

Uchiha Sasuke (of course :)) - Everyone should get to know this kid, if you haven't already...you won't find anyone that has a better knowledge and music taste than him. Don't dare chalenging him in that subject, you'll lose. And i can say, because i had the chance to listen, that he doesn't lack talent when playing guitar. Hopefully one day, as it's his dream he'll do big in the music industry. He's probably the most stubborn person i've met in my life, but also the most sweet and caring one, the ultimate romantic, hates people that go around playing with the feelings of others...Meryl mentioned that he's a calm and patient person, although that is very true, i must add, that he can get angry with things that the usual person doesn't. That is because he's a very sensitive guy. He's a good listener, but take it by me, don't bother him with the same thing over and over again, cause he'll get tired and will send you on your way. As far as him being a mod here, i can only say that he's always been very discret but good at it. If you think he's a shy person, trust me...he's not! I could go on and on talking about him, but i think this is enough.

Beserker - my pm's buddy... as far as i can remember he's the only one here besides me that likes soccer...i can't say much about his posts lately since i haven't been on here for the last 4 months...but i remember that awhile back, i'd have lots of fun reading his posts, whether about serious subjects or just that amazingly weird game lol. He's very good at cheering people up, or at least he did a good job with me...definately an awesome guy.

Redpyramidhead - to be honest i don't always understand him, because sometimes he seems to live in his own little world...and doesn't let anyone in...and he can be a bit moody but that doesn't mean he's a bad guy, on the contrary, he's always willing to listen and help his friends...sometimes i even think he worries a bit more than he should...he used to have the bad habit of making me cry, like you wouldn't believe! ... thank God that ended! :laugh:
One word of advice, if you're going to talk to him through some kind of messenger thingy, be ready to be "forgotten" in the middle of the conversation. And if you actually get him to hold a decent conversation, doesn't really matter the subject, you won't be wasting your time, he always has an interesting opinion about everything, even the most insignificant subject.

Trunks69420 - I hate this kid :laugh: ... although we both know that we still have a pending conversation, we just very recently made up from a 4 months break in our friendship...but let me introduce you to the NIN fan lol, i don't think there's anything he loves more than that band...he's got the "Eraser" tattoo on his left forearm to prove it...and even if you hate that band, he'll turn you into a fan...i know what i'm talking about...i have the "Only" tattoo on my lowerback to prove it lol ... talking from what i "see" and know of him, i think that if he wanted to, he'd be an awesome person, someone you'd be proud to know and be friends with, but i kinda think he doesn't, he seeks happines more than anything else, but at the same time, is afraid of being happy, and for that same reason, gets himself in the most unbelievable situations. So much like Uchiha Sasuke, i could go on and on talking about this kid, but this is enough.

Redpyramidhead
Feb 19th, 2006, 01:55 PM
[COLOR=Black]

Redpyramidhead - to be honest i don't always understand him, because sometimes he seems to live in his own little world...and doesn't let anyone in...and he can be a bit moody but that doesn't mean he's a bad guy, on the contrary, he's always willing to listen and help his friends...sometimes i even think he worries a bit more than he should...he used to have the bad habit of making me cry, like you wouldn't believe! ... thank God that ended! :laugh:
One word of advice, if you're going to talk to him through some kind of messenger thingy, be ready to be "forgotten" in the middle of the conversation. And if you actually get him to hold a decent conversation, doesn't really matter the subject, you won't be wasting your time, he always has an interesting opinion about everything, even the most insignificant subject.

I am indeed a difficult person to understand at times, but to say I live in my own little world is not accurate. My own world is actually very big :laugh:
And sorry for making you cry in the past... I would be kind of harsh sometimes... but some of it was what might be called tough love... thats right i care! :cool:

_RED_ stuff

Redpyramidhead
Feb 19th, 2006, 02:08 PM
[color=black]

Redpyramidhead: A very eclectic sort of guy, he and I aren’t always on friendly terms due to his moodiness, but whenever he is sorted out, he probably is the best listener and the most caring out of everyone on here. It’s always a shame to hear his day or week isn’t going well or his health is deteriorating because he is worried about friends or family. It makes me feel that people take advantage of his kindness, which kinda pisses me off. It’s hard not to admire him, though, because of his patience and his sensitivity to help those in need. He is also a good musician and I wish him luck in his future musical endeavors.

Wow... you had a lot to say about me :D

And actually it all made me very happy to hear it. I really appreciate these well thought out and honest opinions Meryl. That's what makes a compliment from you mean all that much more. :cool:

Please don't think my health is deteriorating, though... In fact, it is getting better all the time. Life is a ride with ups and downs, but for the most part, i am always bettering myself and becoming stronger.

Now, to get to work on my moodiness... :D

I love you all! I just need time to get in the right mode to get down to it and post my own opinions. They must be good!

_RED_ stuff

Redpyramidhead
Mar 2nd, 2006, 12:36 AM
Ok, I will start with a couple of Californians:

Mena aka Happy_Doughnut:

Mena and I have been talking online back and forth for a long long time now, much like some others I have met through PS2F. At first, Mena was quite hard to figure out. It took her a while to open up, but she did and is now one of my favorite people. The odd thing is, she will probably always insist that she has no talents or innate gifts, but she couldn't be more wrong. She is one of the most highly articulated writers I know with vocabulary, sentence structure, and the ability to make you hang on to her words, whatever it is she happens to be saying. I mean, look at the threads she starts. Doesn't she just grab your attention to a topic? Because of this, it is very easy to take her seriously in her writing. Her other most prominent innate gift is the ability to be charmingly amusing in all kinds of ways. She does this totally without realizing it, too. O_o o_O XD X_X -_-

Gamer:

Dieguito or just Diego as I like to call him. He is another person I have been talking to for a long time. He is the classic example of a teenager or a kid. His enthusiasm for life and having fun and kidding around can always bring a smile to my face. Diego and I are constantly having conversations about rock, metal, hip hop, playing guitar, other aspects of music, women, women, videogames, videogames, movies, and more women. :laugh: Often times these convos have us both laughing way too hard :laugh: Another thing about Gamer ya'll may not know, though, is that he quite the intellectual type wiz kid. All of the classes he takes in school are pretty much all AP and excelerated versions of what everybody else is doing and he's still finding it all so easy he still has the time to play every damn videogam and learn to play killer guitar. He is also quite mature for his age. Very level-headed dude. Rock on, bro!

_RED_ stuff

jjmoohead
Mar 6th, 2006, 11:35 AM
First of all Harry, we need you tell sony to hurry up the PS3 so I can start reviewing again and people won't forget me :(. I used to be so popular :). I remember when there was only maybe 5 of us on this website. We spammed this forum so hard to get topics rolling. I can't believe I have been here this long. I can't believe this website has been here this long.

To the staff:So much hard work over the years and we are only getting started. I can't wait till the ps3.

Goodman: Old Farf old pal, still think Farf is the all time greatest psfantasy member. But thats just me.

NOTE: I will add more later teaching right now :)

DSgamer
Mar 13th, 2006, 08:44 PM
redpyramidhead: holy damn man, holy damn. If it wasn't for ps2f I would've never met you and that would've sucked. However, I do know you and that's what counts, you basicaly taught me how to play the guitar. you give me advice when I need it and you're always there when I need to bitch about my crazy situations. you're basicaly my big bro mang.