PDA

View Full Version : Any1 here use Ebay?

RanusApe
Jan 5th, 2006, 11:15 AM
a while ago i saw the napster girl commercial. I liked the ad and all. recently a freind of mine sent me this link on ebay, and aparently they are selling her panties (how do u spell it?) Anyway that got me thinking. and bra heres the link to it: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....item=4811715622 I am suprised by this thing . Any way Here is my question: On Ebay, is this sort of thing common? do they sell of outfits, that women wore, often? prettty creeeeeepy and pretty odd. is that kinda thing normal for ebay? I don't use ebay almost ever, and i was hoping some1 here could tell me. if so could you give some examples? Sorry if i seem ignorant, but i am pretty suprised that this sorta thing happens

Faile
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Lets have a ban to put an end to this rampant spamming. And ebay? Never heard of it.

RanusApe
Jan 6th, 2006, 02:32 AM
now i am confused o.O? whats he mean by that.

DSgamer
Jan 6th, 2006, 06:49 PM
+1

happy_doughnut
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:08 PM
I do not think RanusApe's intention was to spam or promote anything. In fact, I think he posed a valid question, which he stated as:

On Ebay, is this sort of thing common?

I do not think he was trying to promote Napster or the NapsterGirl or her uhm, undergarnments or even ebay, but was rather simply asking if selling strange items like the this one was a common thing for ebay.

No harm in this, I think.

And to answer your question:

I use ebay fairly regularly. In fact, I signed up a few years ago through this site in an attempt to support the forums. Anyway, ever since, I've grown to like the auction site because it really is a good place to find some hard-to-find goodies online. Plus, they have such a wide variety that is it possible to find just about anything on there.

That said--yes, it really doesn't come as a surprise to me that someone on ebay would be auctioning someone's used undergarnments, especially if they have been worn by a "celebrity." I think this is not only gross, but stupid, too. Why would anyone buy things like this? Celebrity as she may be, she's still a person and I would be terribly paranoid to buy someone else's underwear. I mean, come on. For what? I doubt that whoever buys it is actually going to wear it, though. They are just going to add them to their Celebrity Underwear collection, probably.

But you have to remember that ebay is not the sole culprit for the sales of these bizarre things--the actual people that auction them are just as . . . strange and pervertedly psycho, as are the ones that bid on them.

So quite frankly, yes: these sorts of things are quite common for ebay. I remember that not too long ago someone was selling a "ghost" inside a jar and someone else was selling "nothing" but the box they shipped the "nothing" in. This may not be as gross and creepy as the auction you stumbled on, but it's just as insanely strange.

Bottom line: ebay is a strange strange place.

Infernal Mass
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:55 PM
yes indeed! this place too though, when did doughnut girl become a mod? :blink:

DSgamer
Jan 7th, 2006, 03:59 PM
deng, i want to be a mod too!!! harry can I be a mod?

Infernal Mass
Jan 9th, 2006, 07:51 PM
i think they'd let me be a mod before that ever happen :laugh:

Pu the Owl
Jan 9th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Why don't you people become more amibitious? You can ask Jupiter or some other deity to become immortal, for example. That'd be a reasonable request!

Infernal Mass
Jan 10th, 2006, 01:51 AM
those immortality deals never go well for some odd reason, no matter which deity it is..there is always somekinda weird stipulation in the contract like..you gotta drink blood to survive or you turn into a wild animal once a month etc..

Faile
Jan 10th, 2006, 08:23 AM
And besides, you need to pass the THREE TRIALS to become a mod here.
(THREE TRIALS!)

(Three Trials...!)