PDA

View Full Version : FLCL....um.....

merylsilverburg
Mar 23rd, 2002, 04:44 AM
Uh, well, I just saw the first two episodes of FLCL (Furi Kuri) and I must say....:blink: :peoples: :confused: :p I mean....it's interesting, unique, and different but.....huh? I know Reid keeps raving about it, but I don't get it. The plot is strange and a bit confusing.....can anyone explain it to me? I'm not saying it's a bad anime, but this is something that's really not my type of anime. But, the music is really good. I see why Reid likes The Pillows. The song they sung for FLCL was pretty good. But, all I need is an explaination of the characters and the plot please.....thanks.

Pu the Owl
Mar 23rd, 2002, 11:18 AM
Well, I have to admit I'm not too fond of Furi Kuri as well. I still have to see the whole thing, but at the moment it's what I think. Yes, it's bizarre and very original, but I've seen better things coming from Gainax....at least better considering my personal taste... I suppose they wanted to try something different from NGE, uh? :confused:

Cannibal Clown
Mar 23rd, 2002, 02:08 PM
Personally, i don't know any work from Gianax that I thought was any good. Other than Evangelion of coarse, which is the greatest anime ever. And Gazeraki was Okay, but that was it from what I've seen.

merylsilverburg
Mar 24th, 2002, 12:18 AM
Hmm....that's too bad. I just wanted to know about FLCL a little better, because it's kinda interesting, though it's not my taste. I might kinda want to see the rest, how many episodes are there, does anyone know?

Pu the Owl
Mar 24th, 2002, 06:05 AM
Maybe meryl you'll find useful looking at some FLCL's sites:

Official site from Gainax (http://www.gainax.co.jp/flcl/index-e.html)

FuriKuri.com (http://www.furikuri.com/)

A Furi Kuri Shrine (http://www.pirate-king.net/)

Reid
Mar 24th, 2002, 11:19 AM
There are 6 episodes in FLCL.

The show really is one that you really hate or really like, but I'd recommend watching the rest before you really form an opinion on it.

Some people really like how strange it is, and other people just don't prefer it.

What do you want explanation on though?

merylsilverburg
Mar 24th, 2002, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the sites, Fortune. :) 6 episodes? Oh, wow, that's short! :shock: Well, I guess I'll see the rest and see what I think of it. I got this series on VCD format for free, because it came included with the Fruits Basket ones I bid on, on Ebay. But anyway, well....maybe I still need to see the rest of the series to understand it a little better, but as for now....Naota has this weird horn, but is it really because of the Haruko(sp?) chick and her Vespa bike? And, why is it the horn turns to be a robot that fights against other robots? Also, in the first episode, Naota's father, grandfather, and Haruko are having this...EXTREMELY fast conversation about "furi kuri" and the whole meaning of it, but it was so freakin' quick, I missed half of the entire conversations, because the subtitles just zoomed by me. :heh: So, what were they talking about, about "furi kuri" and what does that have to do with the series? Also....who IS that Haruko/Bee Woman girl? Aaahh....I feel so dumb! :p :weep:

Reid
Mar 24th, 2002, 09:31 PM
Well, the stuff about Haruko is explained as the show finishes, and that manga scene with Naota and his father/grandfather doesn't really have much to do with the story.

They talk about furi kuri's meaning, but I really couldn't tell you what was resolved from it.

:heh:

It's a confusing show, but you might like it more when you finish it.