PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Prank

merylsilverburg
Oct 26th, 2005, 01:21 AM
Okay, okay, call me mean or whatever for doing this, but I would like to hear some ideas on creating a good computer prank to play on another person without them knowing that I'm the one doing it. If you want to know the reason why I'm doing this, here it is but it's rather long, be warned:

During the summer, around July, another family had moved down here from New York to open a restaurant in our town...my family and them got into a partnership together, so that's why they moved down here. Because these people are considered our friends (or somewhat "relatives" but not really) my family had to get them settled in, show them around, and basically make them feel comfortable here. Well, this family has this 15 year old pestering, spoiled-beyond-belief, cunning, whore-ish, bitchy, little brat daughter. From the beginning of July all the way to the middle of August, my sister and I had to spend every bloody day with this nightmare. If we didn't have to we wouldn't but the reason why we had to was because her mom is also a cunning, crafty, bitchy, brainwashing, dominating bitch and she has basically deluded my pathetic dad into thinking she's "the greatest and smartest person on the planet." So, if my sister and I do a slight thing to even offend them (oh, let's say like not spending a day with that daughter) the mom will go off and say something very "Asian" and fucking annoying to my dad, like "Oh...so were both your daughters busy today? Oh, they weren't? Oh, just wondering, because they didn't take my daughter out today so I was just wondering, that's all"...trying to be this sweet, innocent, fucking-angel but also hinting that we're being RUDE (we want to rest a day...is that a crime? We're home-bodies, we don't like going out anyway). Then, my dad would have a fit with us (since he's basically revers that bitch-mom as God or something) and never let us hear the end of it and start up some childish fight which will NEVER END. So, that's why we did it.

Well, during the course of those precious summer months wasted, my sister and I literally bought everything for her (because it's an Asian politeness thing...since she's "the guest" and we're older, we have to do this), spend all our time with her, ate at the places she wants to eat, had to put up with her, had to listen to her stupid brainless attempts at "conversation" and so much more that I'm literally traumatized. Imagine a very lazy, sighs-at-everything-and-can't-lift-a-finger airhead teenager who grew up hanging out with Blacks and Hispanics, so she actually believes she's black/hispanic (not that there's anything wrong with this, but it's the bullshit she tells us, like "Back in New York, ALL the blacks said I was the coolest Asian who could act black, like, ever!!" but it's funny because she doesn't act Black or Hispanic at all). She has long straight boring dyed hair, blue contacts, wears clothes like Jennifer Lopez or Britney Spears, gold hooped earrings, denies that she's "Asian" even though she ACTS so very Asian (example: gets offended when someone makes a joke about Asians, even though it's true, or says something negative about Asia even though it's true, checks up on Asian celebrities, gets happy whenever an Asian makes it in the US industry, like CoCo Lee, talks about the other Asian teens back in NY who would always wear black (very true) and hang outside Burger King, of which they refer to as the "BK" so they can sound cool and how she thinks they are "sooo dorky" but from the way she talks about them, you can SO tell she's envious of them and desperately wants to join that group!) and has that stupid "Asian Power" crap going on. She's also a major bitch...just because I act, oh I don't know, more MATURE than she does, she has a "problem" against me...everything I like, she tries to make negative comments on it. Like, how I love Japan...one movie showed a Japanese businessman asking a girl if she's a hooker and the brat turns to me and smugly (she loves doing that) says "Oh wow....so I guess ALL Japanese guys thinks EVERY girl is a hooker and likes sex" and since I knew she thought I'd get angry, I just laughed and said "Well it's stereotype but it's actually somewhat true" so she just sat there and pouted and fumed. :laugh: And imagine this brat going through MAJOR ANGST and mumbling "I dunno" and "I dun care" EVERYTIME you ask her a question.

"What would you like to have for dinner?"
"I dunno."
"Are you in the mood to watch a movie?"
"I dun care."
"What do you like to do?"
"I dunno."

OMFG!! And the only shows she loves watching are sexual or stupid angsty shows, like "Sex in the City" (which we had to endure watching 3 seasons of that mind-numbingly dumb series) or "Anywhere But Here." She ADMIRES trashy-looking women, like this one Vietnamese model who I strongly believe is a hooker and the only thing she has on her mind is guys, guys, sex, love, and celebrities (let's just say she can report an entire LIFE HISTORY of a celebrity, okay? We were talking about Heath Ledger because of his movie "A Knights Tale" and I said "Oh, I think he's British, yeah?" because I don't fucking know or care, I was trying to make conversation and she looks at me and smugly says "He's Australian" like as if I was the most retarded person on the planet for not knowing that. Oooh, good for her, does she want a fucking gold medal for her sad and stupid lack of individuality that she has to idolize every celebrity in Hollywood?). And to add insult to the injury, we had to take her around this stupid microscopic town where there's nowhere to go (especially coming from NY) and the ONLY place she shops at is a T.J. Maxx, so uh...guess what? I kid you not, everyday we had to go to T.J. Maxx...she REFUSES to buy clothes unless it's from this store!!! She reallys LOVES to look like she's wealthy and upper-class, but she knows she can't pull it off. She wants SO DESPERATELY to look like Sarah Jessica Parker or her character "Carrie" on that damn show, so she only shops at T.J. Maxx to get designer brands because it makes her feel better about herself. She has deluded herself into believing that she can be, oh, upper-class if she wears designer brands for less!! Once a whore, always a whore, doesn't she know that?!

Alright, enough of this...if I say anymore I'll seriously tear the computer apart. I hope you guys get the general idea of this horrendous situation I had to go through, so that's why I want to get even (because of all that crap we endured and one time we had to pay for a pair of shoes that costs $40 and she said she will pay us back but always claiming she has no money. Oh, but on her weblog (which I secretly found out about) she goes off and writes how she spent nearly ALL her money buying jewelry and stuff for her "mommy", how fucking pathetic at 15 years old. It's not so much she's not paying us back, but it's more the fact that she basically bullshits all the time and it gets really annoying since we know she does).

So, yes, are there any good computer pranks? I must do it sometime this week or next because Halloween is coming up and she gets so scared about the paranormal/supernatural...I was thinking of signing up with another free e-mail and sending her messages like "You're cursed" or "Someone's out to get you" or something like that. Yes, I know it's very immature, but I can't help myself...to battle against such an abomination who is extremely immature herself requires such an act. So, if anyone can help out, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance for those who took the time to read this and to help me if you do. :)

MADRUCKIS
Oct 26th, 2005, 05:38 PM
wow, the hatred is coming off like fog from my screen meryl lmao

well you can alway get those free harmless programs online...like that YOUR AN IDIOT prgram someone put here in ps2fantasy...that thing drove me crazy!

*only other thing iv done to a pc was tape the bottom of a mouse so they cant move
*changed the options of the mouse to be ubsurdly slow while puttin in that program that makes all the icons scatter when your pointer comes close.....that drove my co workers crazy
*lastly, I passwordlocked/ screen savered their pc. So i just brought the settings for waiting 1 second for a the saver to pop up with a password..and the scrolling marque on the screen saver said "What do you say?" with the p/w box empty. Took him a week to figure it out
Your mom says "What do you say?"
and you say "Please"

last year i did the same thing for someones 56 bday, but instead the pc read "HOW OLD IS OLD" and they had to keep typing their age in to use their pc

other than that...i have no experience in pc booby trapping

Harry
Oct 26th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Hmmm, while I believe a punch in her face would be the best thing for your soul, have you thought about something truly scary, but probably not too easy to do, unless you have access to her PC... like installing in her pc a freeware Windows NT/Windows XP remote controlling software. Basically, if you have access to her pc, you would just need to install the thing in her pc, and when she goes online, you can control her Pc remotely from your home, doing nice things like moving her mouse cursor, and writing oh so funny lines in her Internet browser address field, like "I am going to punch you in the face", or "I am your grandma's ghost".

Wouldn't it be nice? And it is really doable... http://www.realvnc.com/

Faile
Oct 26th, 2005, 08:12 PM
My god! Harry has a really evil side! All this talk of punching people in the face! I knew that Mickey Mouse impression could only lead to evil...

merylsilverburg
Oct 28th, 2005, 02:05 AM
*lastly, I passwordlocked/ screen savered their pc. So i just brought the settings for waiting 1 second for a the saver to pop up with a password..and the scrolling marque on the screen saver said "What do you say?" with the p/w box empty. Took him a week to figure it out
Your mom says "What do you say?"
and you say "Please"

last year i did the same thing for someones 56 bday, but instead the pc read "HOW OLD IS OLD" and they had to keep typing their age in to use their pc

other than that...i have no experience in pc booby trapping

This options sounds really cool and I think it would a great option since I am stopping by her apartment Saturday morning to pick up a game I let her borrow that she had for nearly 4 months now (yeah, unbelievably the stupid-head plays some games) and this would be my only chance since my sister and I don't visit her place anymore...only problem is, I'm not sure how to exactly access this feature or perform this? I'm not too experienced/knowledgeable about computers at all, hehe.

Hmmm, while I believe a punch in her face would be the best thing for your soul, have you thought about something truly scary, but probably not too easy to do, unless you have access to her PC... like installing in her pc a freeware Windows NT/Windows XP remote controlling software. Basically, if you have access to her pc, you would just need to install the thing in her pc, and when she goes online, you can control her Pc remotely from your home, doing nice things like moving her mouse cursor, and writing oh so funny lines in her Internet browser address field, like "I am going to punch you in the face", or "I am your grandma's ghost".

Wouldn't it be nice? And it is really doable... http://www.realvnc.com/

This is fantastic! And it would be so perfect to do so when I stop by! But, I have a question: I took a look around the site and it doesn't seem to reveal whether anyone can find out about the download. As it so happens, the brat has an older brother who is a computer nerd...he works at Best Buy, loves technology, loves computers, loves softwares...if she asks her brother what's going on, he might find out the program got installed. :frust: And I would get in trouble since I was the last person to access her computer then...and believe me, she wouldn't accuse her brother because, just like the parents, he spoils her (on her weblog, she wrote he recently got her a free IPOD Nano because he works at Best Buy...and I'm pretty sure she threw a tantrum/pouted because even her parents admits she throws temper-tantrums, throws stuff, breaks stuff...can you believe this?) and helps her out with everything. Maybe if this doesn't work out, perhaps I can just prank-call her at a pay phone with scary muffled heavy breathing sounds...

merylsilverburg
Oct 30th, 2005, 05:12 AM
Sorry to double-post, but I had to reveal what happened today because it made me so angry that I was literally seething with anger for the whole day. I've only calmed down when I got home from work...

...I got to her house around 9 AM this morning and when I knocked on her door, it took her nearly forever to answer (because she was still asleep even though she's supposed to be heading for work at her parent's restaurant, but, in truth, she doesn't go even though her parents ask her to help out). I knew she doesn't go to work, but just to purposely jab at her, I asked "Hey, aren't you going to work today?" but she just kinda mumbled "My parent's said I could stay home today." :sarcasm: Anyway, I got the game back (miraculously) and then, I was heading towards the door, pretending to leave, but I suddenly purposely smacked my forehead, turned around with this panicked look in my face and said to her "Omigod, may I please use your computer right now?! I completely forgot that I had to e-mail my instructor to tell her which paper topic I wanted to do and she needs the answer by 9 because she's just so unbelievably uptight (which is true)!" She believed me (I could tell) but then she said "Well, I would let you but my brother is taking apart my laptop because he's installing a new DVD or CD drive or something 'cause it somehow got busted or whatever." :frust: :frust: :frust: What the fuck are the chances of THAT?!?! And she'ws not lying because her brother actually does take apart computers and the parts and sells them and stuff like that. Oh God...I must've looked so horrified or shocked out of the unbelieavable stupid chance that this HAD to happen because she said "My brother has a computer if you want to use it" and it would've been dumb and strange if I just cheerily replied "Ah, nah, that's alright, I'll go home!" (which my house is about 20 minutes away) :peoples: So, I just said "Oh yeah! That'd be great, thank you, I'd appreciate it!" So, I go off and use her brother's computer, pretending to send the e-mail...I seriously became blinded with rage...it's just SO FUCKING UNFAIR!!! Ugh, omigod...I was so tired after I got home because I just kept thinking about it while I was driving...it was just...what the hell are the chances, seriously?! Is it SO wrong that I commit such a harmless prank such as this? It's not like I was going to go and seriously kill her (though I have considered it, j/k) or do anything. So why? Why?! Why?!?!

Well, anyway, it's absolutely too late to do it now and I'm just too depressed and angry about my horrible luck to even bother attempt it again...it would be strange even if I did. What makes me so happy is that this incident can be added to my ever-growing "Things-I-Regret-In-My-Life" list and I can look back/think about it and feel the pain and the anger and the disappointment of not being able to go through with it thanks to unfortunate circumstances, yay!

Well, thanks again to those who helped me (MAD and Harry) and thanks to those who bothered to check this thread to begin with.

Daniel Legge
Oct 30th, 2005, 08:01 AM
Shame you couldnt do anything to her.

I know it wont really make you feel better but i know how you feel. Its one of those circumstances where you don't really have any control over the situation and its so un-believeably frustrating that you could physically hurt someone or thing.

Best thing to do is find something relaxing or something that will take your mind of it, even if its only for a while. Not sure what exactly but there must be something, or you could just concentrate on a plot for the future to make her pay.

Still think Harry had the best idea with punching her in the face, would of been worth it from what you have said.

merylsilverburg
Oct 30th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Shame you couldnt do anything to her.

I know it wont really make you feel better but i know how you feel. Its one of those circumstances where you don't really have any control over the situation and its so un-believeably frustrating that you could physically hurt someone or thing.

Best thing to do is find something relaxing or something that will take your mind of it, even if its only for a while. Not sure what exactly but there must be something, or you could just concentrate on a plot for the future to make her pay.

Still think Harry had the best idea with punching her in the face, would of been worth it from what you have said.
Thanks for kind words and support. :) The situation wouldn't be so bad (as in, I wouldn't be so hell-bent on trying to exact my revenge on her) if her and her mother weren't constantly in our lives since, as I said earlier, my loser so-called "father" revers the mom as God, so he's constantly hanging out with them, sneaking out with them, buying them stuff, trying to help them in every stinking way possible that it's so disgusting. So, it's not like the brat and her mom just hung around us for the summer and that's it...their lives and themselves are still "a part" of our lives (thanks to my "father") but only from a distance (since they don't come over to our house or bother us anymore). I hope I made some sense, hehe.

Pu the Owl
Oct 30th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Well, I understand you hate this person so much for all the reasons you explained in your posts, but seriously, all this hatred will hurt yourself, not her. I think this kind of persons can't be "touched" with any pranks or whatever you plan to do to teach them a lesson. I doubt even punching them in the face could really harm them... I mean I'm afraid that even the punching will end harming yourself, making you feel more furious than ever... all this just for what? For a very little piece of satisfaction. I don't think you'll feel as happy as you were expecting after causing her some kind of trouble. Probably the person we are talking about will forget everything after a mere couple of hours and you'll be the one left with a bitter taste in your mouth.

I am sorry for you, for all the rage you are experiencing, but, don't take this as a form of criticism, use a bit of common sense whenever you feel mad at her. Does she really count (ok, in negative) so much for you? So much that you can let her make you so upset everyday? So much to let her ruin your mood all the time? I'm not saying you must learn to like or accept her, but I recommend for your own sake to not be so angered thanks to her silly behaviour or her selfishness. Best thing is treat her in the most cold way, don't show sympathy, but don't get frustrated either, 'cause I doubt she will really notice and understand. In the best case she will only use your anger against you with others.

merylsilverburg
Oct 30th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Well, I understand you hate this person so much for all the reasons you explained in your posts, but seriously, all this hatred will hurt yourself, not her. I think this kind of persons can't be "touched" with any pranks or whatever you plan to do to teach them a lesson. I doubt even punching them in the face could really harm them... I mean I'm afraid that even the punching will end harming yourself, making you feel more furious than ever... all this just for what? For a very little piece of satisfaction. I don't think you'll feel as happy as you were expecting after causing her some kind of trouble. Probably the person we are talking about will forget everything after a mere couple of hours and you'll be the one left with a bitter taste in your mouth.

Well, the funny thing about me is that I know perfectly well the anger that I'm feeling/felt is doing more harm to me than her...I know this because it's happened before in the past with other annoying people; while they are living happily being their Godly annoying selves, I'm always the one stewing in anger with my blood boiling everytime I see or think about them (and whenever I do that, all the past hateful memories of them come rushing back making me even angrier than before). I hate them for who they are...and in all my rage, I'm harming myself, making myself stressed, depressed, angry and more...which, yes, makes me the stupid one, I'm aware of this. Fortunately, though, I have managed to let some of these things go and I will eventually forget with time but it's only because of my awful temper and my supreme high morals of what's right/just or what's wrong/injust that gets me all flared up. I thank you for your concern, if what you said above is meant to be out of concern. :)

I am sorry for you, for all the rage you are experiencing, but, don't take this as a form of criticism, use a bit of common sense whenever you feel mad at her. Does she really count (ok, in negative) so much for you? So much that you can let her make you so upset everyday? So much to let her ruin your mood all the time? I'm not saying you must learn to like or accept her, but I recommend for your own sake to not be so angered thanks to her silly behaviour or her selfishness. Best thing is treat her in the most cold way, don't show sympathy, but don't get frustrated either, 'cause I doubt she will really notice and understand. In the best case she will only use your anger against you with others.

Again, I knew this even way back in July when she started coming over everyday...I knew it's pointless to show any sort of emotion towards her otherwise she'll purposely try to "get my goat" if you will. Which is why I merely forced a laugh when she tried to attack me with anti-Japan/Japanese remarks. Of course, as I said above, if my mother, my sister, and I never had to be associated with her scumbag self or her scumbag mother ever again, I wouldn't give another thought to her and eventually let karma do its will. But, as I said earlier, because my "father" is also a scumbag himself, he loves those two (he loves all evil people, in a nutshell) and he is easily brainwashed because he's so fucking pathetic and evil, so he is co-conspiracing with them and siding with them to try to bring us (my mother, sister, and myself) down, so they are constantly in our lives, even though they aren't physically there. This is a war between my mother, sister, and myself against these two bitches and my "father." So, my anger at the brat and her mom isn't entirely because she bothered my sister and I for the bulk of the summer, but it runs a bit more deeper than that. I just want to get a little bit of my own back at her, personally, until the real terrible situations arises. That's all. This is why I wanted to just do this small prank to get, yes, some satisfaction. Of course, the opportunity has passed so I will eventually let it go but not too easily.

Pu the Owl
Oct 31st, 2005, 01:12 AM
I have no doubts about the fact you knew everything before reading my post. They were very obvious things. Knowing doesn't mean you can act following your knowledge. Of course knowing people are sympathetic and think what you think can be helpful. It's not a solution, just a way to feel a bit stronger and reassured considering at home you don't seem to have many ways to run away from this stressful situation. It's not easy for somebody who's not directly involved to find a solution. In any case, it probably wouldn't work. Controlling anger is difficult, it requires a lot of strenght, dedication and motivation. I can be wrong but I think you lack the motivation, most of all. Or better, anger itself is a motivation, so you probably can't find a sort of counter-motivation convincing enough to be able to calm yourself, look at things with the necessary rationality and irony. Not your fault. But as I said, and yes it's because I'm concerned, you are the one who's suffering. You should really find some way to not be so obsessed by this problem. Others won't come to offer their hand, you have to use all your negative feelings to react. Today you are stressed because of this, tomorrow because of that... You'll end being completely exhausted, really.

Hope you can get better, because... there's so much more than negativity, you have all the rights to enjoy all the positive things and aspects there are, but I'm afraid you won't see them if you always find yourself in stressful or unpleasant situations.

Hylas
Oct 31st, 2005, 03:36 PM
I know you will reply you can't do that, but being you I'd tell the brat I don't like her a bit and I'm only with her because I'm forced to. She will probably go and tell her mother, then the mother will tell your father, so that's why you're probably not even going to try this. But after going to mommy to tell how evil you've been saying such things to her, being the girl I'd rather not be anymore with somebody so clearly stating she hates me.

BTW, I think it would be better to let your father be aware of the fact you don't like to please this girl anymore and waste your time for such an idiot. You father will get mad, but you're old enough to decide to spend your time as you please! If I'm not making mistakes, your sister doesn't like them as well. So it's not you who are the evil person trying to mess everything up. You do so much: you work, you study... in your free time you should be allowed to be able to do all the things you like, instead of being enslaved. Those two women and their family are your father's friends. You cannot like them or pretend you like their company only because he does :mad:

merylsilverburg
Nov 1st, 2005, 12:56 AM
I know you will reply you can't do that, but being you I'd tell the brat I don't like her a bit and I'm only with her because I'm forced to. She will probably go and tell her mother, then the mother will tell your father, so that's why you're probably not even going to try this. But after going to mommy to tell how evil you've been saying such things to her, being the girl I'd rather not be anymore with somebody so clearly stating she hates me.

Yes, as you have said, I couldn't possibly do such a thing as tell the little brat I hate her so because she will go to her mom and her mom will tell my father. And believe me, I SO want to tell her about her ways and her stupidity, but I'll just be wasting my breath and there will be no point because I will be the one who's considered "rude" (because it's this Asian culture thing) and her mom and brother will find ways to make my life miserable...through my father, of course.

BTW, I think it would be better to let your father be aware of the fact you don't like to please this girl anymore and waste your time for such an idiot. You father will get mad, but you're old enough to decide to spend your time as you please! If I'm not making mistakes, your sister doesn't like them as well. So it's not you who are the evil person trying to mess everything up. You do so much: you work, you study... in your free time you should be allowed to be able to do all the things you like, instead of being enslaved. Those two women and their family are your father's friends. You cannot like them or pretend you like their company only because he does :mad:

Well, if my father was like any other "normal" father, I wouldn't have such a problem kindly letting him know how much my sister and I dislike this girl and her behaviors. But, because my father is not a normal father who loves or cares about his own kids and wife, he wouldn't give a rat's ass about what I have to say and he'll just end up doing SO MANY things that causes mini-wars to erupt, such as starting up petty and childish fights with my mother which turns into wars and many other personal things I don't care to share. He doesn't love us, he doesn't care about us...if he CARED, he wouldn't be going off siding with those two bitches and trying to conspire with them to take my sister, mother, and myself down. So, my saying "I hate that girl, dad" would just make all hell break loose.

EDIT: It's not that I don't understand what you're saying, Hylas, or that I'm just too carefree or cowardly to go against my father, but for the sake of my mother's peace, my sister and I have to keep our mouths shut and play our roles (oh yes, we have acting roles) as the "kind and caring daughters who don't hate our father."

Redpyramidhead
Nov 5th, 2005, 03:37 PM
YIKES... wow meryl... WOW... That's a LOT of hatred.................

_RED_ stuff