PDA

View Full Version : Shin Megami Tensai

Phenom
Oct 19th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Did I get the title right?
Anyways, how is this game? How's the story? Recommendable?

IcyMourdor
Oct 21st, 2005, 04:06 PM
Shin Megami Tensei has multiple games, like Final Fantasy. I currently am playing SMT: Digital Devil Saga right now, a side SMT like Tactics was to FF. A simple but great side game off from the main series.

Phenom
Oct 26th, 2005, 09:47 PM
So, I take it that you're recommending it. Hmm.... How many of them are there? 3, 4? All out in america right?

IcyMourdor
Oct 28th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Well, of the main series, there are 2. There are a few side games though. The 3rd SMT is actually announced to be the first RPG made for the PS3.

I'm not sure exactly how many are released in america, but i know DDS 1&2 are here in america.

oceanfrr
Nov 6th, 2005, 05:43 PM
I think they're all right, the sfc had a few

Phenom
Mar 19th, 2007, 12:19 AM
I probably shouldn't be even asking this (since it's kind of like advertising), but I'm in need of help in trying to locate a website that's actually selling this series (except Devil Summoner) at a cheap / decent price.

Ebay, I don't really trust them, but they're prices are scattered.
Amazon wants $50-$70 for it
This one site I go to (estarland) wants $70 for it

And then most of the other sites (Bestbuy, Target, Kmart, Circuit City, Suncoast) don't even have any copies.

You can send a PM to me if this is breaking the rules "preys".

IcyMourdor
Mar 23rd, 2007, 10:00 AM
As for buying it, try buying them direct from www.atlus.com, the makers of the game.

I don't know what they all have to buy from their shop, but its worth a look.

As for a post I was looking at of mine from above, SMT 3 is Nocturne for the PS2. SMT 4 is slated for the PS3. (Source: RPGamer.com)