PDA

View Full Version : cell phones

ragnarok
Oct 11th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Do you have a cell phone? What do you use as your ring tone? Did you make a custom one?

merylsilverburg
Oct 11th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Yes, I have a cell phone. My current ringtone is: Katamari on the Swing MP3 from the game "We Love Katamari." I finally found an online custom ringtone download so I was finally, finally able to have my very own unique ringtone. I used to have to create my ringtones using those silly polyphonic, input-yourself melodies.

EDIT: I was going to create a thread like this a while back, but I was too busy. Thanks ragnarok. :)

IcyMourdor
Oct 11th, 2005, 07:56 PM
I have my own cell phone. Its just a simple phone, smaller than most. No flip, no client.

My ringtone is the Boss theme from Megaman 2 (NES). Hehe, i couldn't resist.

RobHardo
Oct 11th, 2005, 09:11 PM
i am switching to verizon tomorrow, new phone!!!!!!!wooooh!!!!!!!!!!

happy_doughnut
Oct 11th, 2005, 09:33 PM
I have a cell phone. Who doesn't have a cell phone in this day and age? At the local elementary school, a bunch of kids have them. :S

Anyway, I have several ringers--each to identify a certain person. Not everyone in my phonebook has a personal ringer, so the one I have as default is the Mario Theme Song. Not very unique, I know, but my cell phone is a piece of crap.

I'm gonna search for a better one, although I don't even know if this piece of crap of a phone will allow me to put other ringers that aren't found in it's website. :disturb:

I will be getting a new one soon, though! Yay!

DSgamer
Oct 12th, 2005, 12:02 AM
i have a shitty fone, i dont care about fones. i have a camera for pictures, and a gameboy/ds for games. thats all I need.

Berserker
Oct 12th, 2005, 01:12 AM
i have a shitty fone, i dont care about fones. i have a camera for pictures, and a gameboy/ds for games. thats all I need.

Amen, it won't be long fore you can bake a bread and get a tan with your mobile. I only got one rule I don't wanna pay for it, so my mobile history consists on gifts and phones I found.

PS my ringtone is some sort of triiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing-noise

Beretta55
Oct 12th, 2005, 01:47 AM
I have a cell phone. Who doesn't have a cell phone in this day and age? At the local elementary school, a bunch of kids have them. :S
*Raises hand* XD.

I don't have a cell phone and I really don't want one. I don't go to alot of places that warrant the use of one, even if I did I would only use the cell phone for emergencies I'm not much for chatting on one. But taking small digital pictures on one got strangely addicting, I did that on my mothers new phone for a bit and I had a few pics of our dogs looking at the phone with a "wtf is that?" look on their face. XD
I might want a cell phone in the future but right now they wouldn't prove too useful for me.

Faile
Oct 12th, 2005, 08:15 AM
I have one because I have no landline at uni and like to talk with people or send them messages. My ringtone is 'run to the hills' by iron maiden (for ironic reasons) or 'motorcycle emptiness' by the manic street preachers for enjoyment. Yes!

ragnarok
Oct 12th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Yes, I have a cell phone. My current ringtone is: Katamari on the Swing MP3 from the game "We Love Katamari." I finally found an online custom ringtone download so I was finally, finally able to have my very own unique ringtone. I used to have to create my ringtones using those silly polyphonic, input-yourself melodies.

EDIT: I was going to create a thread like this a while back, but I was too busy. Thanks ragnarok. :)

Your welcome :) Hey, where's that custom ringtone download? I totally want to create my own ringtones (like, edit pre-existing songs, not compose my own) but I'm too stupid.

merylsilverburg
Oct 12th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Your welcome :) Hey, where's that custom ringtone download? I totally want to create my own ringtones (like, edit pre-existing songs, not compose my own) but I'm too stupid.
Well, there are two places you can download a customizer from. ToneThis (http://www.tonethis.com) or Xingtone (http://www.xingtone.com). I used ToneThis only because it seemed to work for me, but Xingtone seems to be popular too. There are pros and cons to both sites though.

ToneThis Pros
- Easy to use
- Works most of the time when your internet connection allows it to, hehe
- Only $17.99 one time fee (yes, you must pay unfortunately)
- Able to download custom wallpaper images for your phone too
- Supports most of the current and some old phone models and updates every few weeks (I think)
- Free one download

Cons
- Cannot edit just by popping in a CD. You must download the song onto Windows Media Player (or the equivalent) as an MP3 format, then you can edit from there.
- Editing can be a bit faulty.
- No editing/customizing options such as Bass or Tempo alterations. When you download the song onto your computer, you use the song as is.
- Possible charges on your phone's bill (depending on your carrier service)

Xingtone Pros
- Able to use songs directly from CDs and other formats on your computer.
- Complete customization, able to alter Speed, Fade In/Fade Out, etc.
- Somewhat easy to use
- Very organized interface
- Supports most of the current and some old phone models
- Free one download

Cons
- $19.99 one time fee(not too bad, but still kinda pricey depending how much dough you have)
- Possible charges on your phone's bill (depending on carrier's service)
- Possibility of not working (I tried the free trial and nada :disturb: )
- Not possible to download custom images

There you have it. They're pretty much similar but it's just up to you to decide which you like best or fits your needs more. Hope this helps. :)

Daniel Legge
Oct 13th, 2005, 06:12 AM
I have a smartphone which i just connect to my pc and can put whatever song/sound i want on as a ring tone.

Quite handy really, at the min its Learn to Fly by the Foo Fighters as a main one but i have individual ones as well.

ragnarok
Oct 13th, 2005, 11:51 AM
There you have it. They're pretty much similar but it's just up to you to decide which you like best or fits your needs more. Hope this helps. :)

Immensely! Thank you. Hey, have you had any experience with this: www.ringfactory.net ? It looks like it does what I need, it's just so cheap I can't believe it (3 bucks).

Urahara Kisuke
Oct 16th, 2005, 09:04 PM
I have a cell phone, but it doesn't have any special ring tones or anything like that. I barely use it so theres not much to it or on it.

TtTackler
Oct 16th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Same, I just use it to call family and like a super-powered calendar/alarm clock.

Redpyramidhead
Oct 16th, 2005, 11:36 PM
Well, one advantage of the cell phone which i dig is the fact that if u have a lot of friends and fam long distance u can get plans which include lots of free long distance minutes to just about anywhere you could have friends or family... my plan includes unlimited nighttime minutes to anywhere in the U.S. as long as I am not roaming. So yeah, I am a big fan of the cell phone. I really dont have a need for a regular home phone number in my apartment because that would just be a waste of money.
As for a ring tone... well this is one place in life where I can actually surivive without music in life (wow feels weird saying that) so I have it set to a generic and loud ringing sound that gets my attention fast and easy. That is all I need. I dont need to take pictures with my phone either. I can imagine the fun in it though I suppose.

_RED_ stuff

merylsilverburg
Oct 17th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Immensely! Thank you. Hey, have you had any experience with this: www.ringfactory.net ? It looks like it does what I need, it's just so cheap I can't believe it (3 bucks).
I've never seen this site before. The $3 is cheap but it only applies to free downloads for 1 day (you'll have to pay $19 for unlimited use). I guess the $3 deal is cool...you'll just have to set aside an entire day to download your ringtones like crazy. :laugh:

REChick14
Oct 24th, 2005, 06:37 PM
I have a regular t-mobile flip phone. It has nothing special on it, cant take pictures or record videos. The ring tone on it now is Grind on Me by Pretty Ricky. It is indeed an interesting song

Piggle_humsy
Aug 13th, 2009, 04:30 PM
I have the Nokia 6300 Noir.

I use Zedge.net & occasionally Mobile9.com for ringtones and wallpapers which I d/l to my computer and send to my phone.

my current default ringtone is RATM ~ Wake Up
but everyone that rings me often has their own assigned tone.