PDA

View Full Version : RE:4 for ps2

Berserker
Sep 29th, 2005, 01:11 AM
Just got this in the gamespot-mail, sounds excellent!

For months now, Resident Evil 4 has been the single most compelling reason (other than Nintendo's own titles) to own a GameCube. But that won't be true much longer, since Capcom is readying its superlative horror-tinged shooter for release on the PS2--and we've got a new preview running down what you can expect from the upcoming port. For starters, the developers have done an impressive job of preserving the original game's graphical fidelity on the less-powerful PS2. But hey, even if you played RE4 to death on the Cube, the new PS2 version will feature some never-before-seen content starring everyone's favorite femme fatale, Ada Wong.

Vic Viper
Sep 29th, 2005, 11:11 AM
even though i already have the GC version, im still getting this game. they added alot more content that i could never pass it up. i cant wait to play the new Ada missions. :lick:

Berserker
Sep 30th, 2005, 01:18 AM
Here's (http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=7502&type=mov) a trailer for the ps2-version. How does it stand in comparison to the GC-version? I've been wanting the play this for soo long but didn't have the cheese to buy a GC, so I'm soooooo getting this!
Cool that they fit in all those extra features, cause the original game was massive to begin with,right? So this is garantueed value-for-money.

dan da man
Sep 30th, 2005, 03:02 AM
Is Ada Wong the chick in the purple dress? if so her missions was in the Europe version, completed them they isn’t nothing SPECIAL but it was fun, don’t know I might be wrong could be another woman, glad its came over to the ps2, game of the year easily not counting the next gen titles out this year, hehe. Obviously It wont be as look as good as the Cubes version but from the trailer I’ve seen they have done a cracking job.

Vic Viper
Sep 30th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Is Ada Wong the chick in the purple dress? if so her missions was in the Europe version, completed them they isn’t nothing SPECIAL but it was fun, don’t know I might be wrong could be another woman, glad its came over to the ps2, game of the year easily not counting the next gen titles out this year, hehe. Obviously It wont be as look as good as the Cubes version but from the trailer I’ve seen they have done a cracking job.

Ada is the chick with the red dress. the PS2 version has alot of new content, new 5 hour long mission with Ada Wong, this mission will tie in with the story line, basically series of events where she follows Leon through out the game. they also added new unlockable Costumes for Leon and Ashley, a new weapon for leon, extra cut scenes, and new levels..

Vic Viper
Sep 30th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Here's (http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=7502&type=mov) a trailer for the ps2-version. How does it stand in comparison to the GC-version? I've been wanting the play this for soo long but didn't have the cheese to buy a GC, so I'm soooooo getting this!
Cool that they fit in all those extra features, cause the original game was massive to begin with,right? So this is garantueed value-for-money.

the ps2 version is not bad at all, Capcom did a great job with the port.

you'll love this game man, its my second favorite game this generation. and yea its a pretty long game, 20+ hours to complete. you'll also have tons of unlockables. :lick:

dan da man
Sep 30th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Ada is the chick with the red dress. the PS2 version has alot of new content, new 5 hour long mission with Ada Wong, this mission will tie in with the story line, basically series of events where she follows Leon through out the game. they also added new unlockable Costumes for Leon and Ashley, a new weapon for leon, extra cut scenes, and new levels..

*SPOILER*

Yeah man, thats who I played, you do things what follow Leon through his story, the girl you Leon's fights in a room with a bed. :D

Infernal Mass
Oct 1st, 2005, 10:01 AM
def going to buy this version, Capcom showing lotsa love to the ps2.

Resident Evil 4 : Supersized :lick:

Berserker
Oct 3rd, 2005, 01:21 AM
It seems like the ps2 is gonna have a grand finale before the ps3 with titles like this shadow of the colossus and soul calibur lll coming out soon.

Phenom
Oct 3rd, 2005, 05:33 AM
"shrugs" I don't know if I'm going to buy this game. (I haven't played the GC version either.) I don't know.... I guess it's probably because I've never been a fan of the Resident Evil series. Actually, I've never been a fan of the whole survival genre. "Maybe it's just me." I don't find them scary because I look forward to getting the character killed half the times.... ^^ And then other times.... bleh.

Vic Viper
Oct 3rd, 2005, 10:49 AM
"shrugs" I don't know if I'm going to buy this game. (I haven't played the GC version either.) I don't know.... I guess it's probably because I've never been a fan of the Resident Evil series. Actually, I've never been a fan of the whole survival genre. "Maybe it's just me." I don't find them scary because I look forward to getting the character killed half the times.... ^^ And then other times.... bleh.

this is completely different from the other RE game, its actually more action oriented now unlike the previous RE games. you should try it, its one of the best game you'll ever play. :lick:

Vic Viper
Oct 3rd, 2005, 10:52 AM
It seems like the ps2 is gonna have a grand finale before the ps3 with titles like this shadow of the colossus and soul calibur lll coming out soon.

yeah, both of those also coming out in october.. i wont have enough money to buy them all.. and i still need to buy Liberty City Stories for the PSP.. October will be a tough month for me..:cry:

goodman
Oct 3rd, 2005, 07:10 PM
Getting Fatal Frame 3 when it comes out late Oct/early November, but would consider renting RE4 to see what its all about. This sounds like it could be an ok month for gaming, but it usually is. Most game marketing now is only a few months a year, it really leaves a lot of time in between games...

Berserker
Oct 4th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Getting Fatal Frame 3 when it comes out late Oct/early November, but would consider renting RE4 to see what its all about. This sounds like it could be an ok month for gaming, but it usually is. Most game marketing now is only a few months a year, it really leaves a lot of time in between games...

yeah, but I kinda expected to be slow this year cause of the ps3 coming.

goodman
Oct 4th, 2005, 06:12 AM
ps3 wont be here anytime soon, what are the game companies gonna do for profit, just take a year and a half off and blow bubbles? This year in particular has been extremely slow and last year was slow. The fact that marketing is going towards just a few times of the year is hurting the industry and making us gamers dull people... I want my sequels, my rehashes!!!

dan da man
Oct 4th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Buy a xbox 360 then, problem sovled.

goodman
Oct 4th, 2005, 07:27 AM
Not gonna do it~ Dandaman~~~ i can wait a year and a half~

Berserker
Oct 5th, 2005, 01:16 AM
IMO there are so many good titles that I missed out on through the years, this is my chance to catch up on them for a reasonable price.

goodman
Oct 5th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Yeah ive done that before, mostly to catch up on games i never played. It will be interesting to see what the market strategy for the ps3 is because if its similar to the ps2 there really wont be a hurry to buy a ps3 since there will be so few games until the end of the year, guess we will find out then.......

Berserker
Oct 5th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Yeah, I'm wondering what the launch-titles will be, cause there are some games coming out for the ps2 which IMO would do great as launch-titles such as SClll and Kingdom Hearts 2. Killzone 2 looks like a blast though :lick:

dan da man
Oct 5th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Yeah, I'm wondering what the launch-titles will be, cause there are some games coming out for the ps2 which IMO would do great as launch-titles such as SClll and Kingdom Hearts 2. Killzone 2 looks like a blast though :lick:

Missing MGS 3 dude, that is the best looking ps3 game so far, killzone 2 was pre-rendered bullshit.

Berserker
Oct 6th, 2005, 01:06 AM
Agreed mgs4(it's gonna be the 4th right?) is gonna rock, allthough I'm affraid to admit I never took the time to get into the series. As a matter of fact I only played the mgs on the PSone, that's why I probably left it out. And for Killzone oh well I got a soft spot cause it came out of Amsterdam and I generally liked the look of the first allthough it obviously had it flaws(mainly framerate, AI and some of the handling), but it was a great attempt overall. And i think they can make it look amazing on the brand new spanking powerhouse called PS3.

dan da man
Oct 6th, 2005, 04:03 AM
Yeah my bad Beserker, I meant MGS4, anyways I hope the games on ps3 do turn out like killzone 2, that’s what I was hoping for with the next gen.

goodman
Oct 9th, 2005, 07:02 AM
I know most of you all arent in the U.S. but here in about two weeks Toys R Us should be offering their buy 2 get 1 free offer on games, and its a great time to be able to buy brand new release games for a very low price. I usually buy 2 and sell the third for full price on Half.com so it ends up costing me like $50 for two brand new games. But like i said i dont think its offered overseas..........

goodman
Nov 3rd, 2005, 05:16 PM
RE4 is out isnt it? Kinda wondering why no one has said anything about it since i do believe it is out. I may rent the new Castlevania game which just came out, then of course when the masterpiece Fatal Frame 3 releases in a few days im in that world for oh, probably four months, lol. Average playtime for a Fatal Frame game for me is 4 months, lol.....

Berserker
Nov 4th, 2005, 02:11 AM
I'm gonna order my copy monday from play.com for only 48 euro. I saw it in the shop the other day, nice artwork it got me all excited! Has anyone seen the chainsaw-controller you can get with the game...that s&^% insane...why buy that??

goodman
Nov 11th, 2005, 09:31 AM
I am hearing great things about RE4, for sure, there is a lotta buzz around about it. Im glad to say that i picked up Fatal Frame 3 and it looks to be top notch again, definitely starting to warm up the nerve endings already! I will let you all know over the next few months how its going..... will check out RE4 sometime i guess also sounds like its a good one...

dan da man
Nov 11th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Does resi 4 on ps2 have new weapons?

Berserker
Nov 18th, 2005, 02:18 AM
As everything goes as planned, I'll recieve my copy by mail this afternoon. Then I'll just have to lay off of the RTCW:ET and I'll find out just how good this game is.

goodman
Nov 18th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Im playing Fatal Frame 3 and digging it a lot, definitely worth the price for the ride so far. Will eventually look into RE4, keep up apprised, thanks!

Berserker
Nov 25th, 2005, 06:15 AM
Started playing this week, played for 5 hours so far and I most say it lives up to the hype. Smooth graphics, only once noticed a drop in framerate during a big boss battle but only slight and nothing annoying. I'm at 2.3 right now but it seems like a massive game! Like the overall set-up and it's diversity didn't expected that much to be honest.