PDA

View Full Version : Ong Bak

Phenom
Sep 5th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Has anyone seen this?

I must say I was impressed with it. I'm pretty sure there was a story somewhere in there, but all I did was fast forward to the fights. (stupid me.) Anyway, the fight scenes and the stunts were amazing.

I think he (don't remember his name) has a bright future ahead of him.

Qjij_jijQ
Sep 5th, 2005, 08:18 PM
... Tony Jaa.

I saw it a few days ago and frankly, I WAS somewhat dissapointed.
I was really looking foward to the fight scenes, as I find the fighting style he uses to be particularly interesting, but I quickly got tired by the repetitive nature of all his attacks.

It's like he has 4 different moves that he uses in different situations.
... I just hope there's more 'variety' in his next film.

Phenom
Sep 5th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Sorry you felt that way.
I guess I was amazed because I wasn't expecting the moves he pulled off.

I always thought Thai fighters just relied (1 l or 2 l's?) on knees (of course kicks as well), elbows and power. He showed all 3 plus some that some of these fighters in Jackie Chan and Jet Li movies without the wires. "shrugs"

Berserker
Sep 6th, 2005, 07:11 AM
The good thing about Tony Jaa is that he didn't just studied Muay Thai, but he also studied kung fu and other martial arts. Which makes him more diverse than your average thai fighter. I do think he's capable of much better movies, but it's cool to see a complete muay thai movie instead of the more "normal" kung fu flicks for a change. We will see a lot more of him in the future keep your eyes open for Born to fight(working title so far) which will future him. I just hope he doesn't go to Hollywood to fast and will start in what Hollywood thinks a martial art movie must be like and end up a horrible young Chan-a-like.
How cool would it be if he should team up with Hong-Kong legends from the Shaw Brothers movie-era and make some SB-style muay-thai flicks!!!

MADRUCKIS
Sep 6th, 2005, 08:26 PM
I loved it when i saw it in the theaters months ago

I saw the trailer for his next movie, an elephant strong arm style to it...looks good