PDA

View Full Version : Ask a Question

Meiko
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:48 AM
We are members of this forums but not everybody knows everything about other members and also who knows other members well could be curious to know something specific about another person.

In this thread I want you to ask to a member of your choice a question. It can be something you want to know or just a random question, personal or general, to somebody.
Each post is a question to a member of this forums. The person can answer all questions in another post, and at the same time, after answering other people's question he/she can ask a question too. People don't have to wait the answer of a member to ask another question. Members with answers can reply anytime, while others can keep this going.
Obviously people can refuse to answer a question, if it's way too personal or about private matters, but please, try to answer every question if you can!

Hope you got it.

I start so maybe it becomes clearer for you. I'm not good with explanations!

kupoartist: how many moogles do you own? (toys, not real, hehe :D)

kupoartist
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:37 AM
kupoartist: how many moogles do you own? (toys, not real, hehe :D)
Ahhhh! Me first?! Easy question though. Phew! The answer will shock and amaze you all: I own not a single Moogle. I have a really dull, impersonal room with few personal things of any kind. No posters, a handful of childhood toys and the rest of my dull, impersonal pocessions. If I changed this, my mum would probably be weirded out which is kind of sad. I'm hoping to do a bit better with my Uni room, so perhaps I'll finally get the Plush Moogle i've always wanted then. Thing is, i'm none too sure where to buy one anyway! I'd probably have to import from the US or use ebay (which I competely distrust), and it'll probably make a nasty dent when it impacts on my fragile student budget :p

One of my schoolfriends went to Japan recently (actually, the guy in question is Nanjij, who some of the older members may remember). I actually set him a quest to find a plushie moogle while he was there, but he said he could find none! My difficult and perilous task is still ongoing :p

Now I need to ask someone else a question? Well, IcyMourdor: if you were an animal, what kind of animal would you be? (I hope that's not too lame to ask :D)

Rei
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:29 AM
I want to ask meryl if she can speak Cantonese chinese. Ah sorry for the dumb question, I was curious :right:

happy_doughnut
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Oh, I have a question!

Fortune: Why does Harry not post a picture of himself? Is he really a robot, because if so, then I'm scared. :(

IcyMourdor
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Now I need to ask someone else a question? Well, IcyMourdor: if you were an animal, what kind of animal would you be? (I hope that's not too lame to ask :D)

I would prefer to be of the feline family. I love cats. I think I would probably be a panther; the nice black fur goes along with my black hair. I especially liked the panther in the Chrono Cross movies (I think they wanted to make it a lynx, but they got the color and the shape wrong).

Lets see (keeping this whole animal thing going)...Piggle, do you have any pets?

Pu the Owl
Aug 31st, 2005, 10:28 PM
Oh, I have a question!

Fortune: Why does Harry not post a picture of himself? Is he really a robot, because if so, then I'm scared. :(

It's like for villains in movies or cartoons: when you know everything about them, most of their appeal is lost. Harry knows that. Imagination is part of his "character". So yes, he could be a robot, or a striped monkey, or a deity, or Mickey Mouse. You choose how to see him. It's more fun, no?

Now that I think about it, I want to ask a question to Infernal Mass:

Do you look like Beetlejuice in your free time?

Berserker
Sep 1st, 2005, 01:14 AM
I have a question for Panuru, you live in Rome right? Which team do you support AS or Lazio?

Meiko
Sep 2nd, 2005, 10:11 AM
doughnut: who's the character in your avatar?

merylsilverburg
Sep 2nd, 2005, 12:28 PM
One of my schoolfriends went to Japan recently (actually, the guy in question is Nanjij, who some of the older members may remember). I actually set him a quest to find a plushie moogle while he was there, but he said he could find none! My difficult and perilous task is still ongoing :p

Nanjij went to Japan? How lucky, I'm jealous. :( I think the moogle plushies are hard to find in certain areas of Japan especially since some you can only get from official Square-Enix stores or something (I think)...either that or the Japanese bought all them out to put on eBay, hehe.

I want to ask meryl if she can speak Cantonese chinese. Ah sorry for the dumb question, I was curious :right:

Not at all a dumb question. No, I'm afraid I cannot speak Cantonese. I only speak a little Taiwanese (which is different from Mandarin) and I can understand most Taiwanese and a little Mandarin.

I, uh, don't have a question to ask anyone at the moment, sorry. :P

Hylas
Sep 3rd, 2005, 09:41 AM
Mourdor : what is the most irritating thing for you?

happy_doughnut
Sep 3rd, 2005, 05:04 PM
doughnut: who's the character in your avatar?

Would you believe I forgot? :O

I've had it for a while now, and I remember that around that time, I saw this anime character in an anime at an electronics store. It struck me as funny so I can online to look it up, and found this icon, which I resized in order to use it as my avatar. But that was so long ago I forgot who it was or even what anime it was that I was looking up. My memory sucks really bad. :P

Question!

Meiko: Are you in high school are in college/university?

Aubrey McFatum
Sep 3rd, 2005, 08:20 PM
Harry: how old are you?

Infernal Mass
Sep 3rd, 2005, 08:50 PM
Now that I think about it, I want to ask a question to Infernal Mass:

Do you look like Beetlejuice in your free time?

unfortunately no, I wish i could dress that good. :(

merylsilverburg
Sep 3rd, 2005, 09:15 PM
I've figured out a question: Uchiha Sasuke...did Cannibal Clown go to Japan right before summer (like, in May)?

IcyMourdor
Sep 4th, 2005, 12:45 AM
Mourdor : what is the most irritating thing for you?

The most irritating thing? As in singular? Only the one most? This is going to take some time...

*think* *think* *eat* *nap* *think*

I would have to say the most irritating thing that I come across would be the lack of common sense I see in some people. Sometimes it happens, even gets cute when my gf does it, but that is on rare occasions.

I've worked customer/food service jobs for the past five years now. I have spoken with many MANY customers over this period of time and yet, they never cease to amaze on how ignorant some can be. I know somethings are unavoidable, but I think into the whole Bill Engval "Here's Your Sign" routine. Some of the things that people ask or say to completely sends me off the deep end, but I can't show it. Customers are always wrong, but I have to say they are right.

Enough of my little rant, back to the questions...Hylas, what started your interest in video games?

And a little more specific, Kupo, what started your interest in Final Fantasy?

Pu the Owl
Sep 4th, 2005, 10:53 AM
I have a question for Panuru, you live in Rome right? Which team do you support AS or Lazio?

I don't support either of these, in fact I kinda dislike them both :P

Hylas: where have you been during the last period? I haven't see you posting lately. Glad you're back though :)

merylsilverburg
Sep 4th, 2005, 02:47 PM
I've worked customer/food service jobs for the past five years now. I have spoken with many MANY customers over this period of time and yet, they never cease to amaze on how ignorant some can be. I know somethings are unavoidable, but I think into the whole Bill Engval "Here's Your Sign" routine. Some of the things that people ask or say to completely sends me off the deep end, but I can't show it. Customers are always wrong, but I have to say they are right.

*hugs IcyMourdor* I understand your fury...trust me.

IcyMourdor
Sep 5th, 2005, 01:40 AM
Oh gawd, today just topped it off. All I want is for customers to just listen to what I say.

"How much will it be if I get it delivered?" The customer asks.
"There is no delivery charge." I say innocently.
"Really?"
"Yep, we don't charge."
"Okay, oh, how much is it going to be with the delivery charge?"

I wanted to cry...

merylsilverburg
Sep 5th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Oh gawd, today just topped it off. All I want is for customers to just listen to what I say.

"How much will it be if I get it delivered?" The customer asks.
"There is no delivery charge." I say innocently.
"Really?"
"Yep, we don't charge."
"Okay, oh, how much is it going to be with the delivery charge?"

I wanted to cry...
Oh yeah, these stupid questions...yeah, been there, done that. Kinda like this for example:

Me: "Would you like fried rice or steam rice?"
Customer: "....Are those the only two choices?"
Me: "Yes."
Customer: "Oh, well, what's the difference?"
Me: "Fried rice is the brown-ish fried rice and steam rice is the plain white rice."
Customer: "Oh, okay...um...yeah, I'll have it with thin rice noodles." :peoples:

I have a question for kupo: Why is pink your favorite color?

kupoartist
Sep 6th, 2005, 04:09 AM
And a little more specific, Kupo, what started your interest in Final Fantasy?
My initial interest was sparked by a PC games magazine which gave Final Fantasy VII an outstanding review. I liked the look of the game for both its weirdness but also the whole gritty Sci-Fi looking stuff. I rushed out and brought the game, installed it and my Final Fantasy obsession... ground to a halt. It was the year 1998 and me and my PC were just to n00b to run a game even as ugly looking as the PC-Port of Final Fantasy VII.

A few years later, I have a better PC and I decide to check out both demos of 7 and 8, primarily 8 which was the only PC FF actually in the shops. The graphics and music were hilariously laughable and the portion of game in each demo was apparently hand picked for its total unimportance. Somehow I liked them though. They had a kind of character I hadn't got with games recently and what little of the story was visible was intersting nonetheless. From there I completed 7 and even 9 on my PC (emulation). I eventually caved in and got a Playstation to play the damned things, the eventual releases of the early FF Games in europe sealing my fate :p

(eek, apologies for lengthiness there! I'll make up for it for having no good answer for my next question!)
I have a question for kupo: Why is pink your favorite color?
I just like the colour! It's a difficult thing to explain, why you have a liking for a certain colour... In general I just like colours I guess! Pink is a vibrant, noticeable colour that just doesn't surround me much in real-life (my room is green/blue), so I try to balance that online. It's kind of like an outlet for a part of my personality which is mostly unexpressed "out there" ^^. It's my favorite colour because such an outlet should be celebrated. Or something :P

Meiko: what does your forum title ("Vanilla Flavoured") express about your personality? ^^

Hylas
Sep 8th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Hylas: where have you been during the last period? I haven't see you posting lately. Glad you're back though :)

I had to find money to get a new pc! I had to work! My pc broke but couldn't be repaired! I was unable to use it! Now I am waiting for the new one. It'll be here in a couple of days, I think! I am at my cousin's home and I'm using his computer now!

Mena: what is your favorite place in the world and why?

merylsilverburg
Sep 10th, 2005, 12:46 AM
I thought of another: Panuru, are you still interested in the MGS series and have you played MGS3? If so, what are your thoughts on Eva? :disturb:

happy_doughnut
Sep 10th, 2005, 01:41 AM
Mena: what is your favorite place in the world and why?

I have not been to my favorite place in the world yet! Does this make sense?

The thing is that, unfortunately, I have never traveled very much. In fact, I don't think I've ever been out of my state. :P Some of the places I have visited have been nice, but not nice enough for me to consider any one of them my favorite place.

My favorite place would be in a city not so populated as the one I live. I would like to go to a city that has a countryside so that I can go and sit on a hill at night. Oh, I would love that. In fact, I plan to do so someday. For it, I must leave California, though. Either that or go way up north.

But from the places I have been, my favorite place would be the top of this one business building. Back when I was 14 or so, I was feeling kinda bad and one day I decided to climb up the stairs of this huge building. I was very tired when I got to the top! But anyway, I sat there on the edge for a long time just overlooking various parts of town. I was very close to seeing the sun set and well, it was a very nice thing.

I think my hill dream will beat it, though.

I guess I just want to go somewhere not so overly industrialized. :P

Hylas: How would you describe your personality to be?

Hylas
Sep 10th, 2005, 01:29 PM
I'll use adjectives. I think I am: positive, sincere, open-minded, responsive, stubborn, practical, touchy, quirky, strong, outgoing, bitchy, energetic, self-indulgent, cool (lol)

Urahara Kisuke: do you think dolphins are better than rats?

Urahara Kisuke
Sep 10th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Urahara Kisuke: do you think dolphins are better than rats?

Hmmmmm..I would have to say that I do think that Dolphins are better than rats. Sure rats may be able to live on land, but Dolphins are just so cool, smart, and they have many more great qualities. So Dophins are better than rats in any way, shape, or form.

happy_doughnut:
Why did you decide to use happy_doughnut as your name and also, do you love donuts?

Meiko
Sep 11th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Meiko: Are you in high school are in college/university?

I am in college! But I still feel like I'm I'm in high school :shame:

Kisuke: your name comes from some anime, right? What made you pick this one?

Hylas
Sep 12th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Kaena: is there a a lie you've been told so many times you're never going to believe anymore?

tempted
Sep 13th, 2005, 05:00 AM
Kaena: is there a a lie you've been told so many times you're never going to believe anymore?

good question! and to be honest, no, because if someone lies to me, i'll pretty much push them away from me, it's sort of an automatic thing, "lie to me, goodbye!"...obviously, there are 1 or 2 exceptions but that's what i do, so for that same reason people don't often lie to me. There for they cannot tell me the same lie over and over again. Plus somehow i always find the truth. So no, there's hardly a lie that i'll believe more than once.

Urahara Kisuke
Sep 13th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Kisuke: your name comes from some anime, right? What made you pick this one?

My name is from the anime Bleach. I picked Urahara Kisuke for my name because I like his character the most. He is smart, strong, and funny. All around he just blows everyone else out of the water.

No question to be asked for now.

happy_doughnut
Sep 13th, 2005, 02:21 PM
happy_doughnut:
Why did you decide to use happy_doughnut as your name and also, do you love donuts?

Well, the reason why I chose this name is because one day some time ago, I was driving to the mall, but got stuck in traffic. I was stopped right in front of a doughnut shop that said, "We Only Sell Happy Doughnuts!" :lol: Oh, man... that got me. I thought it was just so cute. And even more so, the sign was accompanied with this super cute doughnut with the biggest smile on it's witto face. XD So yeah, I liked that so much I took a little detour and bought some happy doughnuts.

And yes, I love doughnuts, though I don't eat them very often. If I do, I get stomach aches >__<. But yeah, my favorite are the chocolate coated ones!

BTW: I must confess that I totally forgot why I chose this name for a good while. I honestly couldn't remember why... just like now I can't remember why I once used Zero Sniper (former name, after the infamous "Mena"). The only reason I remember the this ones origin now is because I ran into that shop again the other day and it jogged my memory. And yes, I bought some doughnuts. :shappy:

Panuru: What is your favorite dinner dish?

Rei
Sep 13th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Berserker: what are your plans for the next future?

Pu the Owl
Sep 13th, 2005, 10:38 PM
Panuru: What is your favorite dinner dish?

Mumble... Mumble...

Pizza? Norwegian salad (whatever you consider the official version of this to be)? Random Chinese dishes? Chocolate ice-cream? But... don't mix them :chef:

Meiko: are you aware of the fact there are endangered pandas out there? Are you aware of the fact other than endangered they're probably also enraged?

Berserker
Sep 14th, 2005, 01:06 AM
Berserker: what are your plans for the next future?

Relation-wise I'm pretty much settled, I've been living together for a year now and it's perfect. This is the girl that I want to grow old with, but I don't believe in marriage so this is pretty much "it". We also agreed that we both do not want children, so that is out of the question also.
Work-wise I'm going to school this year(evening-school that is) and seeing we are in the middle of a reorganisation and I'm thinking things will get worse maybe look for another job after I finished school.
So that's pretty much how I look at the future this moment. But as you know things can always change.

This one is for Meryl: If there could be one musical instrument you could completely master which one would it be and why?

merylsilverburg
Sep 14th, 2005, 05:04 PM
This one is for Meryl: If there could be one musical instrument you could completely master which one would it be and why?

A very good question. I guess it's a cross between piano (so typically Asian) or the electric guitar. When I was a kid, I always wanted to play the piano and was pretty much obsessed with it...I went to a few lessons with my elementary music teacher and then family complications came up and so I couldn't play anymore and lost the interest. Luckily, I am able to read notes a little and can play a few scores if I put myself to it, for example, I can play the first lyrical part of "Eyes On Me" from FFVIII and the first half of "Departure" from Rurouni Kenshin. The electric guitar because I found it rather nice sounding (quite a contrast to the piano) and seems like a huge challenge but something very worth to learn.

I have a question for Meiko: What is your favorite season or weather?

Hylas
Sep 14th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Panuru: where does the quote in your sig come from?

Rei
Sep 20th, 2005, 05:47 AM
Piggle, do you have any stuffed animal you love in particular way?

Meiko
Sep 20th, 2005, 11:26 AM
Replies!

Pan: I know that pandas are endangered species. I suppose being endangered is something that can make you feel very angry with the rest of the world :P

Meryl: I love winter, when it's cold but the sky is clear. That's my fave weather in my fave season. I used to like summer more once, but it's probably because kids often prefer summer.

Now my question....

IcyMourdor: do you have any recurrent dream?

Daniel Legge
Sep 20th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Piggle: Who is the person in your sig? Or is it just a random person?

Pu the Owl
Sep 21st, 2005, 05:26 PM
Panuru: where does the quote in your sig come from?

It is from a Korean movie. The title is Oldboy by Park Chan-wook. It is a truly amazing movie.

IcyMourdor
Sep 21st, 2005, 09:06 PM
Now my question....

IcyMourdor: do you have any recurrent dream?

The only one I can recall ever having more than once was when I first started college.

I was standing at the base of a giant waterfall, not as wide as Niagara, but a lot taller. I was just looking around and there wasn't a single soul around. No clouds, but there was rain. The sun shined brightly, but the trees around made it almost like it was night. A cave was behind the water, but by the time I made it to the cave, I woke up.

I play too many RPGs.

Rei... if you could take the place of any character in any game/book/moive (other than Rei), what would it be?

merylsilverburg
Sep 22nd, 2005, 09:52 PM
It is from a Korean movie. The title is Oldboy by Park Chan-wook. It is a truly amazing movie.

I wanted to see this film...I hope it gets on DVD in the US soon.

Which brings me to my next question: Panuru, have you seen this recent Japanese horror film called "The Neighbor #13"? It cover shows the number 13 in white and there's a figure holding an axe standing next to the numbers, I think. If you have, how was it?

Sleazy P Martini
Sep 22nd, 2005, 10:01 PM
OMG! A buddy of mine at work just loaned me that! I haven't watched it yet. I'll have to pop that in tomorrow.

Pu the Owl
Sep 23rd, 2005, 11:07 PM
OMG! A buddy of mine at work just loaned me that! I haven't watched it yet. I'll have to pop that in tomorrow.

The story is a little "morbid" and "dark", there's some crude violence too, but nothing is totally gratuitous. The cinematography and the acting is great, Hope you'll get the chance to watch it in its original version.

Meryl, I haven't watched that movie yet since it's a recent release. I know it's from a manga and that its original title is Rinjin-13 gô, but nothing more than this. I've watched some other Japanese horror involving the "13" in the title, but it wasn't a "neighbor", lol

I have a question too...

Scorp: are you the "all or nothing" or the "everything in moderation" type?

Hylas
Oct 13th, 2005, 01:33 PM
I have a serious question: does anybody know if MagkSnake is ok or where is he now? Because of the earthquake in Pakistan... I remember him saying he has family there, and he goes there often... :(

Redpyramidhead
Dec 30th, 2005, 10:22 PM
I have a question for Gamer:

What is the most hardcore thing you've ever done and would you do it again and why or why not?

_RED_ stuff

Phenom
Dec 30th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Scorp: are you the "all or nothing" or the "everything in moderation" type?

Holy hell. I had no idea someone asked me something......

Errr..... that's kind of hard to answer so to speak. Because I don't care about the whole "all or nothing" I don't put my all into much yet I'm not that lazy either. (I just don't care)

Everything in motion...... "shrugs"

I'd say I'm more of the whatever happens happen type. (Other than animals I don't particularly care what goes on around me.. as long as it doesn't involve me. I guess you can say I'm weird.)

No questions at the moment.