PDA

View Full Version : Five More Minutes...

IcyMourdor
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:26 AM
I know I have made a thread before about people and how and why they like to put some things off til the last possible minute. This time, what events or things do you like to do that you want to start and never stop doing? Do you whine when you have to stop?

Video games are of course up there, so I don't really need to talk about that much at all.

Music is another big thing for me. I always have music playing and when someone wants to pull me away or tells me to turn it off, I always have that sad puppy look (My girlfriend hates it when i do it because she always gives in) as I reluctantly do it.

Writing is kinda the same as music. Once I start writing about something, I sometimes forget to put my pen down. I just let whatever thoughts and feelings I have flow and I just keep writing. I slip into a trance-like state and I've learned that I get kinda irritable when interrupted.

Meiko
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:32 AM
Music and gaming are the same for me. I also like cooking. I get bothered when I start cooking and someone tells or forces me to stop for whatever reason. I find it so relaxing!

The worst thing I'm addicted to is telephone: when I start chatting I could go on forever, which is why my phone bills are catastrophic :(

Berserker
Aug 30th, 2005, 08:34 AM
I don't know if this really counts, but I hate it when I'm in public transport(train,metro, tram, bus whatever) and I run into someone I haven't seen for a long time you start chatting and before you know his/hers stop or yours is up and you'll have to leave each other without actually finding out how they were really doing. You'll tell each other to call, but you never do that... :shame: It's too bad why do you always meet someone you haven't seen in ages when you're in a hurry and never when you are relaxing in a pub for example?

Pu the Owl
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Taking baths is my damnation. I never realize how much time I spend like that. It's exactly the kind of thing I do while repeating to myself "other 5 minutes...". But five minutes are never average and normal five minutes, they resemble more to two hours...

Same goes for sleeping. I could never stop. Some days I have to ask help to my personal sense of guilt to be able to get out of bed (can be a sofa or an armchair or the bathtub etc...).

Computer laziness, which mainly random but absolutely useless activities, is another dangerous occupation I can waste my time on without knowing when it's time to turn the evil machine off.

Better not even try to talk about shopping... or drinking! Sigh!

Then we have the healthier occupations: music, writing, webdesigning (not included in the computer laziness part of the post because this has actually a reason to be), reading, watching movies or cartoons, gaming. Are they healthier for real or not? Don't know, they look less dangerous for my nerves, but they can become life-threatening considering I just can't stop till I'm nauseated or exhausted :heh:

Phenom
Aug 31st, 2005, 05:09 AM
Nice thread.
Uhh.... let's see.

Most of my time goes to video games, sleep, and the computer.

Video games - Not as much as I use to back then. But every once in a while if that game would have that addiction to it I'd either miss class or work.

Sleep - Mainly for staying up on the computer so late, or when I'm bored I go to sleep. I can't help it. Sleeping is my favorite hobby XD.

Computer - Bleh, most of the times I stay up playing these yahoo games. (Pool, Texas hold em) Other than that, it's just browsing the net looking for something to do.