PDA

View Full Version : Kung Fu Hustle

Infernal Mass
Aug 27th, 2005, 08:42 PM
check out these clips:

http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2005/IJKLM/KungFuHustle/trailer.php

Anyone else seen this movie yet? I bought this dvd the other day, great movie all around. A good blend of both action and comedy..the music is excellent too, classic chinese orchestra fits really well with the tone of the film.

DSgamer
Aug 27th, 2005, 09:40 PM
oh god i LOVE this movie!!!! everyone should watch it, and shaolin soccer

Pu the Owl
Aug 27th, 2005, 09:51 PM
I love Stephen Chow! I've watched almost all his movies. Kung Fu Hustle is one of the funniest among his works! He's a great comedian.

merylsilverburg
Aug 28th, 2005, 10:07 AM
It's a good movie. I bought some kind of version yesterday on Ebay (really cheap) which claims to have Cantonese and Mandarin dub separately (while the actual movie is mostly in Cantonese with a little Mandarin) so that way my mom can watch it. Thank God the movie wasn't too "Westernized" otherwise it would've bugged the hell out of me. The movie being too short and the overwork of the "bullet-time/Matrix-style" are my only complaints.

Qjij_jijQ
Aug 28th, 2005, 09:13 PM
I really liked it too... although I would've liked to see more fighting from Chow.

Insider Scoop: They are already planning a sequel!
( Big surprise, no? :shappy: )

goodman
Aug 28th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Saw in the theater a few months ago, absolutely hilarious! Gonna see if its available for rent here in a few.......

Infernal Mass
Aug 30th, 2005, 10:30 AM
http://www.dragonsdenuk.com/reviews/godofcookery.htm

i want to see those one too. heard it was good.

Pu the Owl
Aug 30th, 2005, 10:46 AM
God of Cookery is brilliant. Maybe less refined than Kung Fu Hustle, there is not as much use of martial arts and special effects, but it's definitely hilarious and truly entertaining.

I found Shaolin Soccer to be weak compared to these two.

PS: Stephen Chow is actor, writer and director of all three movies. He's pretty much the only author of them. I mean, you can easily tell the difference between his movies and the ones that only have him as actor.

Infernal Mass
Aug 31st, 2005, 05:10 PM
he's like 40 years old too. I was suprised by that, he doesn't look that old in Kung Fu Hustle. I'm going to try and watch his other works..Kung Fu Hustle was a great film, not just for the martial arts but the music, cast and cinematography was very well done.

Hylas
Sep 3rd, 2005, 09:49 AM
I could watch an import copy of this movie at my friend's house and we all enjoyed it. It was very funny, but as Infernal said, also acting and cinematography and all the rest were good! I want to see Shaolin Soccer next. I will rent it one of these days!