PDA

View Full Version : Driving

Redpyramidhead
Aug 3rd, 2005, 05:49 PM
I am sure I have done a thread similar to this in the past, but who here enjoys driving? I just drove down to New Jersey from up here in NH over the weekend and back up today. It was about a 5-6 hour journey each way with some interesting traffic going through New York city and what have you... but other than that and the occasional regular traffic slowdown... I love the open road when im up to speed (bwahaha) with the windows rolled down and my stereo going with whatever cd's i feel like playing... just sittin there singing along, etc... and passing people :D Does anybody else actually not mind driving such long distances and/or do they on a regular basis? Let's hear who enjoys driving and some stories of being on the road from people! PEACE If you guys share I will, too.

_RED_ stuff

Vic Viper
Aug 3rd, 2005, 06:05 PM
hate it, specially here in L.A. dealing with horrible traffic and bad drivers every single day is no fun. :frust:

DSgamer
Aug 4th, 2005, 12:05 AM
well i love driving for long hours, i drove like 6 hours to LA and back with my dad. reading vic's post I probably wont enjoy driving after i move to LA lol

tempted
Aug 4th, 2005, 03:42 AM
oh i love to drive...love it...love it..love it!!! and no i don't mind driving for hours on end, and i must say i like to drive fast, a bit too much for my own good lol...but i'm not a careless driver so don't worry. :D

trunks69420
Aug 4th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Oh do i. i remember this one time me.. my friend mark.. and carrigan went up to toronto for a concert... i did the driving.. and in america... usualy 65 MPH is the speed limit... but up there... is swear i was going over 90 after i got in canada.... and people were flying past me.... amazing driving in that country :)... cept in downtown toronto.. .too many one ways and getting lost...... damn.

Faile
Aug 4th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Man, I'd be far too rubbish to drive. Harry (the famous one of this site) is an ace driver though! If I were rich and famous I'd hire him as a private driver.

Pu the Owl
Aug 5th, 2005, 12:03 PM
I don't drive. I'm not patient and tolerant enough for it. Plus, the idea of getting a license gives me headache. Plus, I'm too easily distracted to be a safe driver. There are billions of other "pluses" I could add, but most of them are futile.

Yes, Harry is ace. But you can't hire him. He's been hired by me... I told him it was a lifelong career opportunity :evil:

Phenom
Aug 5th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Lol, at Panuru.

How can I put this. All I do pretty much is drive. "Wonder if I should become one of those racers." You give me a car, and I will drive it. (If it's an open road. I'm pushing it to the max.) "coughs 4 tickets >_> coughs"

Meiko
Aug 5th, 2005, 10:56 PM
I like to drive, but I don't like to be the driver during long journeys. I like more driving for brief time. I hate traffic too, so I prefer to let somebody else drive when there's too many cars around. I especially like driving when it's darker, or early in the morning. I am a quiet driver, I don't shout or try to kill others. I don't think I am very skilled either, so my "style" must be pretty boring :P

Faile
Aug 7th, 2005, 08:10 AM
I'm going to be forced to create my own robotic Harry then. Mwahahaa.

Pu the Owl
Aug 8th, 2005, 12:56 AM
A robotic super-driver able to magically find parking areas where they shouldn't exist and to imitate Mickey Mouse's voice... not bad, I'm envious now!

Faile
Aug 8th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Now that you mention it, the bar is set quite high. Might be difficult to build my own complete Robo-Harry (especially because I only have one working eye at the moment). A lot easier to kidnap the real one and wrap him in tin foil, I think!

Berserker
Aug 22nd, 2005, 01:24 AM
I love to have long drive, allthough that is relative over here cause I went to Germany two weeks ago and in a hour and a half you're over the border here. The distances you guys drive in America aren't happening for me here in six hours I'll be in freaking Paris :laugh:
I hate to drive in my city though, too many drunk and stoned tourists in Amsterdamn who give you a hard time to get through the city-centre.

Redpyramidhead
Jan 26th, 2006, 01:21 PM
OK, it is about time I revive my driving thread.

On the subject of ROAD RAGE (oooooh... scary):

So I was riding in the car with my dad about a month or so ago. Some guy in a yellow truck sort of cut us off... so later my dad pulls up alongside hime and gives him the finger. Well, I was kinda surprised because my dad does not usual do something like that unless it is a big deal and I guess I had been in lala land when the guy cut us off because for me it all came out of nowhere. Anyway, as soon as my dad gave this guy the finger, he swerved towards us (to his right) almost sideswiping us! Luckily my dad is a good driver and swerved quickly enough out of the way to avoid this because if he had hit us we would have gone spinning out of control and flying off the road for sure. Now THAT was some crazy shit!

The thing is, though, ppl's behavior doesnt really surprise me anymore in this nutty world so I didnt really think much about it afterward... wasnt shaken or anything... just kinda laughed about it with my dad later while talking about how much of an ******* that guy was, but also telling my dad not to be making questionable gestures at other drivers anymore... you never friggin know. I few times, I have tried to give somebody a "thank you" wave and they automatically assumed it was the finger :laugh:

Anyways...It wasn't til a couple days later when I was riding with somebody else and we sort of almost got into a fender bender and the whole thing just shook my friend up so badly that she barely wanted to drive anymore that day... so I got to thinking... maybe what happened to me and my dad WAS a big deal? LOL

Maybe being an american surrounded by such anxiety and stress and insanity has desensitized me to things that I should actually be freaking out about :laugh:

Road RAGE GRRRRRR!!!! :frust: Anybody got any more road rage stories? I got more for later :D

_RED_ stuff

Berserker
Feb 2nd, 2006, 09:20 AM
I got plenty of road rage everyday, living in a crowded city everyday traffic is a constant battle. I especially dislike mothers driving their kids to school in there big SUV's thinking they rule the street and think there car is 3 times the size it really is and decides it's best to drive in the middle of the road because of it and ignore all other traffic they force to the side.
Well guess what my car's 16 years old so I don't give a flying f%&^@ I'll hit them head first bring it on! Most of them can tell by the way me and my car looks what's up so they'll steer clear with anxiety in their eyes.