PDA

View Full Version : Get outside and do something!!!

IcyMourdor
Jul 14th, 2005, 10:41 PM
I'm sure we all have heard that from our parents/guardians from time to time. We all know that what connects us is gaming. However, I'm sure most of you have some outside hobbies that you do outside of gaming.

My friends and I joined the local tavern league of mens slow pitch softball. We just got our second win tonight, however, our record is now 2-8. Ah well, when we win, the town knows it.

What is it that you do that gets you out of the house? Any good at it to make you want to brag to your friends and drive their faces into the ground while you stand victorious over their crying lifeless bodies?

Urahara Kisuke
Jul 15th, 2005, 12:04 AM
Last week I was just at camp, it was interesting. Also usually on Fridays I go out and play cards. Then on the 23rd I'm going down to Virginia for some more camping for about 10 days. Other than that I'm usually inside 24 - 7. >.< Nii!! ^_^

Daniel Legge
Jul 15th, 2005, 04:23 AM
Work sucks, i have to leave at 6am and get home at 7pm.

My favourite outside activity is football (soccer) which i have played for years and years. I play for a couple of teams, nearly had a chance to go professional but had to quit for a while due to health reasons.

I still play and love winning.

MADRUCKIS
Jul 15th, 2005, 06:41 AM
softball here in central park every sunday

batting cages twice or even thrice a week

living in the nyc is a bit easy to not stay home, because you could just walk around aimlessly for hours and still get into some real trouble...in a good way (or bad, whatever) :laugh:

thats why I cant live in a small town, I'd probably lose my mine......even more

Faile
Jul 15th, 2005, 07:20 AM
I play a lot of football (soccer). Only for fun, but we've had a couple of great games recently.

007_JamesBond
Jul 15th, 2005, 08:17 AM
i work or i go to the field and work, sometimes i c my girlfriend but after i go bak to work, so more or less i just work lol

goodman
Jul 15th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Been a landscaper for many years so im outside a lot, this year is no exception. I walk probably 20 or so miles a week also, and enjoy being outside, the scenery while im walking can often be quite good........ :P But ive always been an outdoors person, and other than playing Warcraft dont do much indoor gaming, just watching tv or talking to somebody on the phone, etc...

Phenom
Jul 17th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Bah, I don't too much of anything. I'm not the adventurous type I use to be anymore... Only thing I do outside is drive around and do nothing. When I'm at home I'm either on the computer, (like now) weight training, playing some weird game, or watching a movie. (That's all I really can do, until I start school and this bit... ass job calls me back in)

Daniel Legge
Jul 18th, 2005, 12:05 PM
softball here in central park every sunday

batting cages twice or even thrice a week

living in the nyc is a bit easy to not stay home, because you could just walk around aimlessly for hours and still get into some real trouble...in a good way (or bad, whatever) :laugh:

thats why I cant live in a small town, I'd probably lose my mine......even more

Your lucky id love to be able to go to central park every sunday, i was there in April and it was great, for that matter id love to live in New York. Intend to go back one day.

happy_doughnut
Jul 18th, 2005, 04:12 PM
I don't do anything, I swear. But I dunno... I've never actually had my parents incite me to go out. If anything, they wish I was here inside these walls all day everyday. How sad. :(

And well, that's what I do most of the time: I am just here inside. The thing is that sometimes when I think about it, I get angry because I realize I don't so anything. It's as if I were just wasting my time... my life. :S

During the summer, all I've been doing is going to school in the mornings. I come home sleep, wake up, eat, watch tv... come to the PC, watch tv again, waste time, do homework, talk to Duck at night and poof! Day's gone. :disturb:

The only times I go out are when I go out with Duck, and that's usually twice a week and only to be inside another home. >__<;; But at least I do something. Other than that, I don't do shit.

I have been wanting to read some instructional books about... something, and a booklet of sorts that deals with the conventions of English grammar. I know it doesn't sound fun, but I'm not good with all the grammar stuff, so I figured I'd learn before going back to school in the fall. I also wanted to get more into beading. I love wearing that jewelry stuff, so I figured I may as well make em. Alas, all these things I want to do, but yet never manage to get around to doing them.

I'm always so sleepy. I think it's because I sleep little at night. Stupid heat. Maybe when the summer is over I'll get out and do something. *yawn*

Frozen
Jul 20th, 2005, 10:37 AM
It's actually funny, that the main reason I come back to his forum is because of the environment and the people more than the connection with games, because I really don't play as much as I used to before.

During the week I usually just go to the gym, since there isn't much time to do else. On the weekends, I try to travel somewhere, in my car, I try to visit a new city in Germany or another country when I have a long weekend. When I don't travel, I usually go to play billiards / pool with a couple of my friends, and at nights, clubbing is on baby.

goodman
Jul 22nd, 2005, 07:56 AM
My pc was down for a few days and i got caught up on a buncha movies that i had saved on my PvR. Otherwise took a long walk a few days ago, and worked outside for a few hours yesterday. During this whole time, the thought of playing a console video game never even occured to me. Im basically out of the game playing habit. But after so many years, its an option never too far away....... :laugh:

Infernal Mass
Jul 22nd, 2005, 07:11 PM
Well, as far as recreational activities outside, I have none at the moment. The heat here is awful, why anyone would be outside if they didn't have to be is beyond my understanding..actually I believe it would be considered a bit foolish by many. Work has sustained my relationship with the outdoors, just the other day I traveled to a nearby town about 45 minutes away to do a job..even took the scenic route just to get in touch with nature.. :laugh:

Meiko
Aug 5th, 2005, 10:50 PM
doughnut's posts sounds a lot like what I was going to say :P
I've always been like that, whan I was a kid, now, and I guess it'll be like that in the future too.
Nobody really told me to do anything else, there are no parents saying to go out and do something.