PDA

View Full Version : FPS recommendations

Phenom
Jul 12th, 2005, 04:12 AM
If I made 2 topics, sorry. My computer is flipping out.

I've been very skeptical about FPS's on the Ps2. Mainly because they never had that feeling Halo gave out. (mainly talking about the controls) That's an assumption, because I haven't played any FPS on the PS since I 007 The World is Not Enough. (I think)

What are your opinions/thoughts/reviews about Killzone, Projection Snowblind and Area 51 (this is a Ps2 game right?)

And would you be kind enough to recommend some FPS's for the ps2? (Just ps2 cuz I already have Halo and Halo 2, don't feel like touching anymore Gamecube games, and I'm not a computer player)

Berserker
Jul 12th, 2005, 07:27 AM
I enjoyed Killzone very much, wasn't the game it was hyped up to be but it was fun as hell. Still play it on a regular basis. Project snowblind looks amazing, haven't played it yet same goes for area 51.
If you want good fps shooters I'm affraid you'll have to for the older titles, my favorites Half-life, Red Faction 1 and 2. You can get them real cheap so that's excellent value for money.

Phenom
Jul 13th, 2005, 02:13 AM
I have no problem going for old titles. Afterall... I am cheap ^_^. Red Faction.... what's it about?

Berserker
Jul 13th, 2005, 07:26 AM
It got this communist feel where you are in the middle of a revolution against a dictator very cool setting, excellent story and one of the best fps on the ps2 I played gameplay-wise. Red faction 1 is a lot tougher lasts longer more well balanced, RF2 is a lot more really fast pace insane action(including tanks, robot-armors, trains, plains etc.) but is a lot easier and looks hella smooth even today.
Plus they both are funny as hell to play multiplayer with friends or against bots...lots of levels plus characters. Allthough multi from RF2 is better than RF1.
I start to sound like a fanboy, but believe me for the money it really is that good.

Phenom
Jul 14th, 2005, 02:05 AM
Ah, thats convincing enough. Thanks alot.
Found RF on ebgames for just $6 O_O and RF2 for $15. (So they're that old eh)

Berserker
Jul 14th, 2005, 03:38 AM
Ah, thats convincing enough. Thanks alot.
Found RF on ebgames for just $6 O_O and RF2 for $15. (So they're that old eh)

Aaah, that are some nice prices for that calibre of games! You won't be dissapointed.

Daniel Legge
Jul 14th, 2005, 07:05 AM
I believe there is an upcoming PS2 FPS called 'Black' which sounds absolutly brilliant. Ill try and find more details when i get home tonight.