PDA

View Full Version : DVD Collections

Beretta55
May 13th, 2005, 05:50 AM
Well since insomnia has hit me and don’t have much else to do I guess I'll post this. Basically post your DVD collections ranging from anything to anime, to movies, documentaries, just anything. You can list them here or if you have an account on DVD aficionado you can link to your collection. Anyway, here's mine.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=frostman445
My DVD collection mostly has anime :P.

kupoartist
May 13th, 2005, 10:14 AM
24 Season One
Akira
Alien
Aliens
Azumanga Daioh Volume 1: Entrance! (Episodes 1-5)
Castle of Cagiliostro
Castle in the Sky
Escaflowne Collection Box 1 (Episodes 1-14)
Fruits Basket Volume 1: A Great Transformation? (Episodes 1-6)
Grave of the Fireflies
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Kiki's Delivery Service
(The) Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring [Theatrical Release]
Matrix, The
Metropolis (Anime)
Phone Booth
Princess Mononoke
Rashomon
Shrek 2
South Park Series 1 Box Set
South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
Spirited Away
Terminator, The
Terminator 2 - Judgement Day
Tokyo Godfathers

Titles in Italics have been lent out to and lost by inconsiderate disorganised f**ktards.

Vic Viper
May 13th, 2005, 10:46 AM
i have alot. to lazy to list them all. :laugh:

Redpyramidhead
May 13th, 2005, 01:05 PM
I had a rather nice dvd collection... but then it was stolen. At the moment I have simply:

Once Upon a Time in Mexico
Carlito's Way
Scarface
Donnie Brasco
Heat
Led Zeppelin (live double DVD)

_RED_ stuff

merylsilverburg
May 13th, 2005, 09:46 PM
i have alot. to lazy to list them all. :laugh:
Ditto, but mine is mostly anime and Japanese movies not released in the States.

Vic Viper
May 14th, 2005, 09:22 AM
I had a rather nice dvd collection... but then it was stolen. At the moment I have simply:

Carlito's Way
Scarface
Donnie Brasco
Heat

_RED_ stuff

you really like pacino movies huh. good stuff. :shy:

Ditto, but mine is mostly anime and Japanese movies not released in the States.

do you have "ichii the killer" ? what a disturbing flick that was.. :shock:

Pu the Owl
May 14th, 2005, 10:58 AM

I have that movie, as many other Takashi Miike ones. Most of them have disturbing details or scenes. Ichi has the greatest "amount" and "concentration" of violence. I found the most disturbing among Miike's movies to be Visitor Q ... I bought the DVD and it was described as comedy... well, somewhat it is comedy, but... :blergh: It's not all about hard violence and gore as Ichi the Killer. Or better, it contains a sort of parody of violence, especially violence regarding family relations. I admit it is so extreme, that after some time it becomes funny...

I have to many movies on DVD for a list as well, and yes, even if they're not anime as some of you who also own collection of import products from Asia, a large part of them is Asian movies. I also have many European movies, being European myself... As for North American stuff, I mainly own movie classics. Not exclusively though...

Faile
May 14th, 2005, 03:38 PM
I had a nice pretty dvd collection before my ex girlfriend took all the best ones when she left (as well as all the gamecube games). Now I just seem to have the dvd's that she didn't think were 'cool' enough to take. So my 'collection', such as it is, is full of strange and silly titles and cartoons. Oh well, the death of any hope I had of tricking people into thinking I was an intellectual...

However, I still have my pumpkins dvd's and the other day I picked up the sixties Batman, which I completely love.

merylsilverburg
May 14th, 2005, 10:17 PM

Ah yes, "1chi the Killer"...no, I don't own this and I haven't seen it yet either. I only know this film because I saw the cover of it in Blockbuster but the time wasn't "right" for me to see it. Then, I caught a little of it when it was showing on TV and, to my regret, the scene where

Some guy was raping his girlfriend/prostitute woman and then this one nerdy guy came in and killed him

I happened to see that while my mom was sitting there. :S X_X; So, I plan on seeing it soon, but maybe later.

I don't have many Japan-released movies so I'll just list them here:

Moon Child
Kagen no Tsuki (Last Quarter)
Azumi
Quartet
Versus
The Returner
Sky High
Akakage (Red Shadow)
Onmyouji
Onmyouji II

MADRUCKIS