PDA

View Full Version : Grandia II: what happened?

Rei
Jan 24th, 2002, 10:08 PM
Ubisoft keeps on delaying the release date for Grandia II. Frankly I dunno why they had so many troubles with this game: it was scheduled for the release at the beginning of December, then at the end of the same month, now it's the end of January and still there are not certainties about the exact release date.
More delays? Who knows! I hope not, because I was looking forward to it :P

IcyMourdor
Jan 25th, 2002, 04:43 PM
I loved the first game and I can't wait for the 2nd.

Sorry to say this, but I heard it was delayed again until late Feb. However, I can't confirm this rumor.

jenova_jeb
Jan 25th, 2002, 10:58 PM
I've heard the PS2 version is REALLY CRAPPY. I'd suggest buying it for DC, if you have one.

Reid
Jan 25th, 2002, 11:30 PM
It looks like it might be pretty decent.
Does anyone know if you needed to have played Grandia 1 first to understand 2?

GaseousSnake
Jan 26th, 2002, 05:07 AM
i think u need to play 1 to understand 2.

x157anz
Jan 26th, 2002, 07:07 AM
Damn i never heard of this game but it sounds cool
Is grandia 1 out for PSX ?! - maybe il buy the 1st one

Rei
Jan 26th, 2002, 07:39 AM
Yep, Grandia was a game for PSX.

BTW, we can't say PS2 version is crappy before we can play it.

jenova_jeb
Jan 26th, 2002, 11:37 AM
But EGM can, and so can all the other mags cause they have it.

Soul Angel
Jan 26th, 2002, 11:59 AM
I guess no one knows the releases date for it in the UK then? :confused:
I haven't seen alot of Grandia 2 on the PS2 let over here in mags and that?

nanjij
Jan 26th, 2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Soul Angel
I guess no one knows the releases date for it in the UK then? :confused:
I haven't seen alot of Grandia 2 on the PS2 let over here in mags and that?

I heard 29th january sis! im going down town then to buy it if its there but im not sure if its gonna be

Pu the Owl
Jan 26th, 2002, 05:03 PM
Crappy or not crappy is a very relative opinion. In fact I didn't like a lot of games, even if magazines tried to convince me they were great games, but if I don't like them, it doesn't mean they're crappy. The same thing goes for those who write in famous gaming magazines: in certain cases it's a matter of personal tastes.

Soul Angel
Jan 26th, 2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by nanjij

I heard 29th january sis! im going down town then to buy it if its there but im not sure if its gonna be

Thanks bro for that! ;)

IcyMourdor
Jan 27th, 2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Fortune
Crappy or not crappy is a very relative opinion. In fact I didn't like a lot of games, even if magazines tried to convince me they were great games, but if I don't like them, it doesn't mean they're crappy. The same thing goes for those who write in famous gaming magazines: in certain cases it's a matter of personal tastes.

Very true, Fortune.

A lot of people I know haven't even heard of the Lunar series. I personally love the games. It all depends on what you like. If you a die-hard fan of the game, you won't even notice the quality at times.

Spirit
Jan 27th, 2002, 03:17 AM
hmmm I think I'd rather listen to magzines than waste my loot, besides the dc version is way cheaper than the ps2 one...

Reid
Jan 27th, 2002, 01:57 PM
I don't usually listen to magazine reviews (or websites). I like to read them, however, and listen to their comments.
Their are a few people I know that I really trust their opinions on, however.

nanjij
Jan 28th, 2002, 12:44 PM
looks like its out tommorow everyone. im not a 100% about uk but it likely its out in the US

nanjij
Jan 28th, 2002, 01:19 PM
this must be wrong rite

http://www.ubi.com/US/CommunityZone/Articles/Grandia2.htm

jenova_jeb
Jan 29th, 2002, 06:56 PM
I don't know. I haven't heard anything about a PC title, but it may happen. Ya never know :confused: .

Zelgadis
Feb 5th, 2002, 03:02 AM
umm grandia 2 well ye ai played it on DC never had a chanse 2 finish it tho it freesed when i was about 2 fight last boss so **** it