PDA

View Full Version : What is the best DVD-Recorder on the market?

merylsilverburg
May 11th, 2005, 01:41 AM
Hey everyone. :) Well, my sister's birthday is coming up soon and I wanted to buy her a DVD-recorder (the type which you can record your VHS tapes onto a DVD) because she's been wanting one for a while now. She has so many tapes scattered about; in her room, in the garage, on the floor, in her closet...it's like stepping into the library of Congress when you go in there. XD (Joking, of course)

So, I need some help from you guys. Do you guys happen to know which is the best DVD-Recorder on the market but is also reasonably priced? Or even if it's not reasonably priced, I would just like to know anyway.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance. :happy:

goodman
May 15th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Well, Meryl, i cant say, but i know someone who can, and they are very informative, see what you think:

http://www.epinions.com/DVD_Players/search_string_~dvd%20recorders/adv_search_~1

I bet you will find the market pretty competitive, and prices reasonable. DVD recorders became reasonable much quicker than cd recorders did on the pc, i must say. Im sure you will make a good purchase!

merylsilverburg
May 15th, 2005, 10:48 PM
Ah, thank you so much goodman, just in the nick of time too. :phew: I was getting so worried about this because I absolutely cannot stand talking with uninformative salesmen in, let's say, Best Buy who cannot provide me information and only want me to just quickly purchase something and get out. :sarcasm: I will look through that site you provided, thanks so much again. :happy:

EDIT: Looking through, I just might pick the Toshiba D-VR3 DVD Recorder / VCR Combo...that is reasonably priced and it records from VHS to DVD. :D

goodman
May 15th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Good deal, Meryl, i like to use consumer's opinions as well as professional sites that use reviewers. That is how i buy a lot of things, the consumers opinions overall will pretty much help you to be able to determine how good a quality an item is. If someone really loves an item you will know because they cant stop talking about it. If they are really disappointed it can also come out very strongly. I usually research anything i am going to invest much money or time into, its worth the effort!