PDA

View Full Version : What's your sign?

Redpyramidhead
Apr 28th, 2005, 04:53 AM
First of all, the question is, what's your zodiac sign? I am a virgo and I would have to say that virgos rock.

Second question is, do you think you act like your sign? Of course there are a lot of exceptions, as it also depends on certain celestial conditions at the date u were born, like the way the moon was, and so on and so forth. Does any of this stuff interest anyone? Personally, I don't put much faith in general horoscopes like the one printed in the back of the tv guide. LOL. But then there's talking to other people and their experiences with ppl of certain signs and how much they base that on what to expect from certain people. This can, of course, get to a ridiculous point. For example, I have met a few woman who did not wish to date me simply because they had read that our signs would "clash" or whatever. I do not think they knew it was a bit more complicated than that, if true at all to begin with.

So what does everyone think about zodiak signs and horoscopes?

Then there's the famous Chinese Zodiac, which anybody who's been to a chinese restaurant should know the existence of. I wonder if the two systems should be used in accordance with eachother for more accurate results, if they even could be. I am sure the Chinese have their own 12 month style part of their zodiac, too, though.

Blah, I guess the simple question is, what's your sign?

_RED_ stuff

Phenom
Apr 28th, 2005, 07:22 AM
I am also a virgo.

Second question is, do you think you act like your sign?
Exactly how is a virgo suppose to act? I mean I don't know if virgo's act like lone wolves or whatever, but that's sort of how I act. Majority of the times I like to spend my times alone. I do joke around every now and then. I can be a loose cannon as well although I try not to. I heard us virgos were "supposed to be liars" (go figure)

Does any of this stuff interest anyone?
Not at all. Everytime I see a tv guide in the bathroom (handling my business ^_^) I do tend to read the horoscopes, just to see what they're talking about.

Err... I don't know. I never took the time to actually sit down and think about them. Guess I figured they were a waste of time.

As far as my chinese zodiac sign.... Of all things it had to be a rat... --; Why couldn't it be a wolf or something >_>

IcyMourdor
Apr 28th, 2005, 08:48 PM
I also am a virgo. First day of virgo to be exact.

According to many sources, I make up about 95% of the virgo line. I kinda am into the whole zodiac thing, but not much into horoscopes. I notice things about the zodiac and real life and notice things that seem coincidental and then...

So yeah, ladies, now you know what sign I am. ;)

REChick14
Apr 28th, 2005, 09:43 PM
I am a Capricorn.

Im not sure how a capricorn is supposed to act. I should since I have this huge poster that describes a capricorn. I will find it later and read it.

I think its interesting. Whenever I get the chance I read the paper to see what it says. Sometimes Im like holy crap cuz it describes me well.

Im not sure what I think about them though. They're pretty cool to read. I just like to see what it says.

As for chinese zodiac im the DRAGON. Muwahaha. Its ok, you can be jealous. I wont hold it against you, lol

DSgamer
Apr 28th, 2005, 09:47 PM
im a leo

do i act like my sign?
well if leos go around houses gettin shot at gettin in fights at concerts and fighting at school then yea...

does this interest me?
not really but its something to read while in the john.

i dont think much of it but they are fun to read every now n then

Redpyramidhead
Apr 28th, 2005, 11:25 PM
wow... i come up with bad thread ideas when i have lack of sleep...

_RED_ stuff

merylsilverburg
Apr 29th, 2005, 12:57 AM
I think this is a very interesting thread because I really enjoy horoscopes and zodiacs and any of this sort of stuff. :D

Anyway, I am a Taurus in the horoscope, an Ox in the Zodiac.

Second question is, do you think you act like your sign?

Now this part is where it gets interesting. First off, yes, in some ways I do act like my sign. In both the Taurus and Ox personality, we are supposed to be: stubborn, wise, jealous, determined, hardworking, patient, self-indulgent, serene, and possessing of leadership qualities. Well, it's true that I am very stubborn (maybe less so now than when I was a child), I do get jealous, and I am pretty self indulgent. The wise thing, I am unsure of, because I do not know whether I can be considered "wise" or not. I am somewhat patient but I am also very impatient. I usually am pretty calm but I can be angered extremely easily, and I can be hardworking and determined, but I am very much lazy and unmotivated. I do know...that I possess absolutely no leadership qualities whatsoever...I'm pretty much carefree and follow whoever...but I cannot follow an extremely lazy and ridiculous-minded person because that would invoke the impatient side of me.
However, this is a little theory that I've wondered about and I believe to be true, but I've yet to test out with other people: I believe, like traits and genetics, that a part of a person' personality comes from their parents. In this case, the zodiac comes more into play rather than the US horoscope. Here is why:
My mother's zodiac sign is the Rabbit/Hare. My father's sign is the Sheep/Goat. According to the zodiac, the Rabbit is supposed to be the luckiest of the twelve signs, they are supposed to be attractive, popular, wise, patient, cautious, strong-willed, unable to take criticsm, and considerate (there's probably more, but I can't remember it all). In some ways, my mother and I are very much alike: I am somewhat patient, I am also very cautious, I can be strong-willed, I sometimes cannot take criticsm (but I also can, much more than her), and I am considerate of other people (the rest of the qualities, like attractiveness and popularity, are so not me :P).
According to the Zodiac, the Sheep is supposed to be melancoly, sentimental, peace loving (hah!), family orientated, and lacking in confidence and more. Well...my dad behaves no way in these manners (which is why I said "Hah!" to the peace loving since my dad is always the one creating war in the household) but I do possess his lacking in confidence because my dad really does; he lacks the confidence and disguises it by using arrogance and spite. I also possess his family oriented quality because I am although he truly isn't. And I am very melancoly at times and he can be too.
Well, I haven't really been able to test out my theory, but that's just what I think.

For example, I have met a few woman who did not wish to date me simply because they had read that our signs would "clash" or whatever. I do not think they knew it was a bit more complicated than that, if true at all to begin with.

[color=black]As ridiculous as this may sound, I believe it because, well...I just do. Like, my mother always says that she and my dad were never meant to be together and that their lives were never meant to tie to each other. Well...she was suppose to marry a Sheep sign and she did...she just chose the wrong guy. If she chose the right guy that was a Sheep, then all those qualities for the Sheep that I mentioned above, would've suited her perfectly. But no...

I am sure the Chinese have their own 12 month style part of their zodiac, too, though.

Yes and actually, the Zodiac started all because of a legend. There is no Cat sign in the Zodiac and it's because of this story: The Gods in the Heavens were to hold a banquet and invited all the animals. The Rat, being the cunning one, tricked the cat into not going even though the Cat was invited and had heard of the banquet. The Rat went on his way and tricked all the other animals in order to get ahead and be the first to arrive. Well, the Rat did get to the banquet first which is why he is first in the Zodiac. The Ox would've been first, but the Rat tricked him into giving him a ride on the top of his head and near the God's doors, he jumped off and ran ahead. There should be more animals that could've made it into the Zodiac, but the Gods couldn't wait for them all and after the final animal made it through (the 12th one), they refused the others and made the 12 who made it as Gods too (which is how they became the Zodiac). Now, for those who have watched the anime Fruits Basket, the story that was mentioned in the beginning is what happened but the version I told above is the one my mother told me when I was a child. It's not very different, I know. :P

Faile
Apr 29th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Great Scott! I'm a virgo too. The interesting thing is that all of my relationships have been with girls that are sagittarius and they've all ended in same sort of mess. I'm generally wary of anyone born in November these days but they always seem to be the people I find myself drawn too. Arrgh!

trunks69420
Apr 29th, 2005, 12:56 PM
i am a gemini. do i know anything else to write ... no not really. based on what my friend jess told me... gemini's are both really nice and really evil at the same time.. they are magnificent liars. and great friends... so going by That definition... yes. i am exactly like my sign... but i'm a sexy gemini... so its all good.

Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 29th, 2005, 01:01 PM
I'm also a Gemini. I've been told that Gemini are two faced. Which would probably describe me perfectly. I don't really go hardcore on the whole sign and horoscope thing but most of them seem to describe me perfectly. Scary stuff but also very interesting.

Urahara Kisuke
Apr 29th, 2005, 01:40 PM
I'm a Virgo and a Rabbit.

Whenever I see the horoscopes in a mag. or newpaper, I usually look at them, but I'm not really into to the whole thing.
If I act like my sign, I have no idea what my sign is supposed to act like so I'll have to say maybe......

Pu the Owl
Apr 29th, 2005, 08:38 PM
I'm a Taurus... and a Monkey.

I suppose everybody from certain points of view acts according to their sign, but from many others they don't. For example a Taurus is supposed to be stubborn, and patient. It makes sense, but speaking of myself I can assure I am stubborn but not patient at all. Also, a Taurus is supposed to be jealous, but also very caring. I am jealous, but not much caring. I do not like stable positions, or I just avoid them for some inner reasons, while Taurus is supposed to seek and achieve stability most of all. This sign is considered lazy, which I am, slow, which I can be, ambitious, which I am only in theory, and hardworking, which I am not at all, with the exception of very particular occasions. Also, Taurus is described as the "artist" and "aesthete" of the zodiac, but at the same time as the most focused on family values. These aspects depend very much, unlikely others like being lazy or stubborn, on the education of the person, so I doubt they can be taken for granted as main features of the sign.

I find horoscopes "interesting", but I don't trust them. I do read them on occasions, just to satisfy a very simple curiosity, but I don't buy magazines just to read them, or I don't look for them on the Internet. I made a complex astrological map once, it took hours to have it done, but it wasn't because I wanted to know who I am or where I am going :laugh: I just liked to place all the symbols in it, finding for each a position and so on. All the combined details were amazing, there were so many aspects the map contained, every single aspect of your ego was analyzed and described, but... it was a useless thing overall.

As for Chinese horoscope, I know the basics, but no more than that, and I found the signs descriptions so generic that it's almost impossible to find anybody who has nothing to do with his own sign.

Lost_myth
May 1st, 2005, 07:20 PM
I'm a capricorn and a tiger.

The moon in my avatar is the exact position of the moon when I was born. My friend Lalita has a big thing with zodiac signs and horoscopes. She is always asking ppl what sign they are and then she has all this information about them. It's kind of funny.

I don't trust horoscopes. They don't come up with anything clever anymore and it isn't that entertaining.

However, I do believe that the position of stars, moon, planets do have some effect on us and our lives.

Did you know that you are the tallest when you wake up and then throughout the day you get shorter? It's true.

Berserker
May 2nd, 2005, 01:17 AM
I'm a leo and a monkey, don't know anything bout either so it's kinda hard for me to tell wether or not I act accordingly to my signs.

PS Well actually I AM king of the jungle(read the one who does our garden/go where all the spiders are cause my girl is too scared).... :laugh:

Lost_myth
May 2nd, 2005, 02:26 PM
PS Well actually I AM king of the jungle(read the one who does our garden/go where all the spiders are cause my girl is too scared).... :laugh:

I don't get it. "read the one who does our garden" what are you talking about.

Berserker
May 4th, 2005, 04:58 AM
I don't get it. "read the one who does our garden" what are you talking about.

I mean my garden is the jungle and I'm the one who has to do it, it's a kind of strange metaphor I know....but to me it makes sense ...at least it did at the time.... :zip:
I'm sorry if I confused you...

Meiko
May 5th, 2005, 07:16 AM
I'm a Scorpio and a Tiger!

I don't feel great affinity with the sign of the Scorpio. In general I don't trust horoscopes and zodiacs much, but they are fun to read. I used to trust them when I was a little kid, they seemed so magical and mysterious! Now I prefer thinking we are influenced by stars and planets, but on a rather different level. Anyway horoscopes and similar things still have many fascinating aspects.

Piggle_humsy
May 5th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Ooh Another Virgo here.... :D

I'm quite the Virgo.

Virgo THE VIRGIN is the sign of the critic, the technician
Virgo, you may be shy, introverted, and self-conscious on the surface, but when love comes your way, you relax and blossom! Virgos find it hard to express love, they have a thoughtful approach and always look before they leap.

The bright side
The Virgo character is marked by a sharp intellect which is typically used to analyse the natural order. Virgos are methodical, oh so precise, and are attracted to only that knowledge that can be applied usefully. They will happily share this information with anyone, it confirms their own usefulness in the world, and brings them eagerly out of there shells. Virgo pursues very how standards born out of realism and a tight grip on their environment, rather than any chase of high ideals.
Caution is a Virgo trait which if used positively will give them a fine sense of discrimination between practical ideas and those to be left in the sky. Virgos will usually develop this skill to improve themselves and their surroundings as they place great pride in tangible achievements.

Discriminating, fastidious, analytical, meticulous, modest, precise.

The dark side
In their urge to label, organise, and precisely understand all things in life, Virgo can become rather obsessed with the whole idea of "order". Anything that upsets this harmony and understanding could expose them to the terrors of the unknown! For Virgos "there is a place for everything, and everything has its place". Virgo will do anything to achieve this state.

Fussy, self conscious, cynical, hypercritical, finicky, over-conforming, over cautious at times.

^ All that's pretty spot on!

You are most compatible with
Pisces - oh, heavenly.
Scorpio - truly passionate.
Taurus - steady and enjoyable.
Capricorn - in tune.

Absolutely no chance!
Aries - just poles apart.
Libra - hard going.
Cancer - constant problems.
Aquarius - troubled waters.
Virgo - boredom in detail!

Your opposite sign
is Pisces

I occasionally read my horoscope..although I don't usually pay much attention to it..

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

tempted
May 5th, 2005, 05:10 PM
I'm a Gemini and a Goat

Gemini
May 21 - June 21
The sign Gemini is symbolized by the Twins.
Your sign's element is Air. Gemini is ruled by the planet Mercury.
You want to know everything but never dig quite deep enough, usually just skimming the surface. Gemini is a jack of all trades. Gemini is highly adaptable and likes change and variety. You are restless and very clever with the use of your hands. Gemini is versatile, fickle, intelligent, creative, quick, neat, and curious. Gemini learns quickly and has the ability to get a good education.
Possible negative aspects of the sign Gemini:
You can be selfish, nervous, inconsistent, deceptive, changeable, and confused. You have a weak will-power, and you tend to scatter your forces.

Although i can see myself in some aspects of the Gemini, there are others that i def do not see myself in, or acting like it, i don't think about this much anyways, so it doesn't affect me at all and i hardly ever read an horoscope.

Chara
May 5th, 2005, 08:22 PM
I'm a capricorn. I had no idea as to how a capricorn was supposed to act so I looked it up, and here is what I got.

good traits
One of the Capricorn personality's most positive features is its sense of humour. This is something which often sustains Capricorn in its efforts to impose some order on the world, or wisely master its resources. Although the humour is likely to be dry, it does involve contact with other people (something that the self-contained Capricorn does not excel at). What the Capricorn personality is very good at is everything that others (excepts for Earth signs) find a little tedious. Capricorn is endlessly prudent, prudent, reliable, persevering and disciplined.

Yea... that is mostly true... although lately I have been finding myself to be more serious that I usually am.

bad traits
Capricorns can be extremely rigid and pessimistic in their outlook; and gloomy and depressed (and depressing) in their interaction with other people. they can also be emotionally cold and inhibited. The prudent and cautious side of the Capricorn nature can be taken to extremes, too, sometimes into the unsociable realm of the miser

Eh... I am really anything b ut pessimistic. When talking to people I usually don't mention the bad side of things, unless it is blaringly obvious. Emotionally cold... yea, perhaps. Being a miser? Ha! I dont hesitate to spend money, unless I know my bank account is lower than I'd like it to be.

As for chinese zodiac, I'm a rabbit. Descrption of personality:

People born in the Year of the Rabbit are articulate, talented, and ambitious. They are virtuous, reserved, and have excellent taste. Rabbit people are admired, trusted, and are often financially lucky. They are fond of gossip but are tactful and generally kind. Rabbit people seldom lose their temper. They are clever at business and being conscientious, never back out of a contract. They would make good gamblers for they have the uncanny gift of choosing the right thing. However, they seldom gamble, as they are conservative and wise. They are most compatible with those born in the years of the Sheep, Pig, and Dog.

Only thing I see true there is the bit about me not losing my temper. It takes a helluva lot to get me mad. The reserved part is right on also.

absinthe_fairy
May 9th, 2005, 09:37 PM
I'm a Pisces, born on an Aries cusp; I presume I have a bit of both taking that into account. But I guess I do act like a typical Pisces. My Chinese sign is a Rabbit.

I'm a dreamer, extremely emotional.. uhhh.. I forget the other traits but I remember reading a starsign profile for it and I thought "Hey, that's me!" Haha.

I used to be really into horoscopes, but I soon found out, most, if not all, aren't true.. so I gave up. I'll read some for pure enjoyment but I won't take it too seriously.

Phenom
May 10th, 2005, 04:52 AM
Ooh Another Virgo here.... :D

I'm quite the Virgo.

Virgo THE VIRGIN is the sign of the critic, the technician
Virgo, you may be shy, introverted, and self-conscious on the surface, but when love comes your way, you relax and blossom! Virgos find it hard to express love, they have a thoughtful approach and always look before they leap.

The bright side
The Virgo character is marked by a sharp intellect which is typically used to analyse the natural order. Virgos are methodical, oh so precise, and are attracted to only that knowledge that can be applied usefully. They will happily share this information with anyone, it confirms their own usefulness in the world, and brings them eagerly out of there shells. Virgo pursues very how standards born out of realism and a tight grip on their environment, rather than any chase of high ideals.
Caution is a Virgo trait which if used positively will give them a fine sense of discrimination between practical ideas and those to be left in the sky. Virgos will usually develop this skill to improve themselves and their surroundings as they place great pride in tangible achievements.

Discriminating, fastidious, analytical, meticulous, modest, precise.

The dark side
In their urge to label, organise, and precisely understand all things in life, Virgo can become rather obsessed with the whole idea of "order". Anything that upsets this harmony and understanding could expose them to the terrors of the unknown! For Virgos "there is a place for everything, and everything has its place". Virgo will do anything to achieve this state.

Fussy, self conscious, cynical, hypercritical, finicky, over-conforming, over cautious at times.

^ All that's pretty spot on!

You are most compatible with
Pisces - oh, heavenly.
Scorpio - truly passionate.
Taurus - steady and enjoyable.
Capricorn - in tune.

Absolutely no chance!
Aries - just poles apart.
Libra - hard going.
Cancer - constant problems.
Aquarius - troubled waters.
Virgo - boredom in detail!

Your opposite sign
is Pisces

I occasionally read my horoscope..although I don't usually pay much attention to it..

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

X_x.... After reading all of that, has me thinking a little bit. Mainly the darkside of being a virgo.... <<<<<<<<<<< Over Cautious... (Probably too cautious)

Aubrey McFatum
May 11th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Here's a Cancer and a Sheep.

You are a Cancer if you were born between June 22nd to July 22nd. On the positive side Cancers are emotional, loving, intuitive, imaginative, aware, cautious, protective, and sympathetic. On the negative side Cancers are changeable, moody, overemotional, touchy, clingy, and unable to let go. In relationships with others Cancers are a mixture of toughness and softness, and they are very loving and extremely loyal. Cancers are also strongly governed by their childhood memories. Cancers are most successful as the head of a business, and are also good with trading. Cancers are also very excellent organizers. Those people born under this sign often have fantastic memories and make great historians. They are often charming, intelligent and family oriented. They can also be miserly with habits of hiding food or money. They love food and are usually fantastic cooks. They also enjoy collecting (hording) anything and everything making them natural pack rats. They also tend to worry needlessly and brood which can make them a difficult partner to live with. Most compatible with Scorpio, Taurus, Pisces and Virgo.

People born in the Year of Ram are elegant and highly accomplished in the arts. They seem to be, at first glance, better off than those born in the zodiac's other years. But ram year people are often shy, pessimistic, and puzzled about life. They are usually deeply religious, yet timid by nature. Sometimes clumsy in speech, they are always passionate about what they do and what they believe in. Ram people never have to worry about having the best in life for their abilities make money for them, and they are able to enjoy the creature comforts that they like. Ram people are wise, gentle, and compassionate. They are compatible with Rabbits, Pigs, and Horses.

Horoscopes are very interesting if you don't only read them for fun, but if you really try to find how stars can influence your life. Surely some characters of a person are influenced by these things, but I think in a less strict way average horoscopes try to explain. Everybody more or less can relate to these things, but it's important to understand how, to not trust everything you read in the last pages of a magazine.

Hylas
May 12th, 2005, 07:52 PM
My sign is the Aries, my chinese sign is the Dog. I think both are pretty cool signs :cool:

I read horoscopes sometimes, but I don't follow them. If they say good things I find it to be a new reason to be positive and enjoy the day, if they don't, like if they say catastrophic things are going to happen or that I'll be unlucky, I have a laugh and ignore them :D

Infernal Mass
May 14th, 2005, 12:20 AM
I got a fortune cookie the other day with no fortune in it..what a jyp! Kinda scared me the more i thought about it...

June 22nd is my Bday. That would place me under Cancer.

happy_doughnut
May 15th, 2005, 10:56 PM
So, okay:

I log onto the site (after this piece of cow shit computer works again after being completely disfunctional all week practically) and find a PM that lights up my entire hassle-filled day!

It's a moment of great delight guys... omigawd!! I'm getting hitched!!

So, like, okay... I'm, like, a Virgo... totally. I was visiting American Singles and I took their astro compatibility test and it clearly said that I need to marry a Cancer.

I also visited mydailyhoroscraps.com and it said that today, at 8.53 pm, I would be proposed to, and guess what! I was!

Yes, that is right... I am a Virgo and an super smart and clean andandnand and uhm... whatever else I'm supposed to be, I'll take it and I'm also compatible with Cancer, AKA Infernal Mass.

Yay!

We're getting married. :weep: Oh, happy day...