PDA

View Full Version : Where Can I send it?

GameMind
Apr 9th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Ive been working on a game story project for 2 years now.. I have created charachters, writing the story and every single detail in the game, many of my freinds saw what it`s all about and they told me that it`s pretty cool and you must contact someone about this game project!
I realy wasnt thinking this way cause all I was doing is having fun, like writing a story or making a movie, as It`s my hoppy in fact.
So what do you think guys!! Is there something like contact some company or something like this! or should I forget about it! :lick:

TtTackler
Apr 9th, 2005, 09:39 PM
I doubt any major game company would actually take your idea. Rarely do developers actually get to use their own ideas, its the big wigs in companies that come up with ideas and tell what the developers to make.

IcyMourdor
Apr 9th, 2005, 11:45 PM
What Tt said is true. The chances of that happening for anyone outside of the story writing staff can get an idea in.

My suggestion that if you do try, get it copyrighted first. If your game is really that good, you don't want a company taking it for themselves leaving you in the dust.

GameMind
Apr 10th, 2005, 03:17 AM
Good point made IcyMourdor!! I think it`s so hard to even try after all!

dan da man
Apr 10th, 2005, 02:59 PM
I remember when I came up with a GTA online theory and posted it up on xbox.com forums, about 90% of people agreed that it would work and be great, there’s not a chance game developers would use your idea, still though never give up trying getting your ideas out, just never know do you.

I have a good friend who works for game network, a TV gaming network over in Europe, So pm for his email address and he might have some ideas hopefully.

GameMind
Apr 10th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Thanks Dan.. I think it will this might help. :)
I wont give up though ;)

Redpyramidhead
Apr 11th, 2005, 02:25 AM
Like Mourdor said, get it copyrighted before you share it with anybody.

_RED_ stuff

kupoartist
Apr 14th, 2005, 05:45 PM
The words of a guy who knows: http://www.cliffyb.com/rants/have-great-ideas.shtml
That sound pretty relevant to me.

http://www.cliffyb.com/rants/how-to-get-hired.shtml
May also be an interesting read...

BTW, if you ever make it big, follow Cliffy B's example and change your haircut every week. Games Designer is the new Rock Star....

Edit: This bit sounds the most important -
Why, then, should they pay someone from outside the company for their game idea when they aren’t taking any of the risk? Generally speaking, every game company has more ideas of their own on the back burner than they will ever have time to produce and thus, there’s no reason to accept outside ideas.

Think of it this way. Everyone at one time or another has tried to write a novel or has had a "great idea for a novel. How many book publishers will take an idea for a novel if they have to do the writing or pay someone to do the writing? None. Therefore, the people with the ideas have to write the books. How many of them start writing? How many of them actually FINISH the novel? When they’re finished, how many get published at all? And of those that are published, how many are published without changes made by the publisher? See what I mean?
This is particularly resonant with myself because I have had my fair share of "good ideas" for novels, games, online comics and animated series to take away my sleep whilst I develop them and then realise: I don't have the time or patience to write a book; I know no programming skills and can't even make a functioning level for a game; I suck really badly at drawing...

GameMind
Apr 17th, 2005, 06:21 AM
Well!! you should have told me just to forget about it! I was just wondering if there is a possibility to make a move specialy after my freinds and family asked me to have copies of it to continu reading the strory when they have time..
If the idea is near to the impossible I see no problems sharing the story with you guys here in the forum. :)

kupoartist
Apr 17th, 2005, 11:53 AM
If the idea is near to the impossible I see no problems sharing the story with you guys here in the forum. :)
There's still always the chances to get something made. It's not impossible, just something that really needs dedication. You can always find another way into the industry and make your idea, even if it takes 10-15 years to do it. Or perhaps start up a Mod for a PC game based on your idea... the worst thing IMO that you could do, is tell everyone your good ideas - you'll only feel hurt if someone steals it, and the last thing the western world needs is another lawsuit ^^

Faile
Apr 20th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Come on, Kupo! There is no problem that a lawsuit cannot fix.