PDA

View Full Version : Mad's Look-Sin City

MADRUCKIS
Apr 4th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Sin City- A

I don't believe in hype. People are scared about the end of the world and I shrug like "Eh, itТll probably suck." Hype is non existent-practically to the point where it could be called something else because of its absurdity. In fact, in this little write-on, I'll refer to hype as braka-braka.
So the braka-braka in movies has been troubling. It's too potent, resulting in me going to movies and being let down almost immediately. I'm jaded. But a while ago, I saw the trailer for Sin City done up by Robert Rodriguez and my balls flinched (ever so slightly). But I said to myself "Self. Don't you eat that large serving of braka-braka. Don't you do it!" And I didn't, at least for the moment. Then I caught wind of the cast in the movie-Mickey Rourke, Willis, Del Toro, Clive Owen, Rosario Dawson, Jessica Alba, Brittany Murphy (to name a few). It's like "Eye candy" and "acting" turning the theater into a swingers bar and fucking every person that goes to see the movie. Braka-braka is living.
So yes, I went opening night to see it and so did all of NY, so I felt good that I wasnТt the only one succumbing to what Hollywood demands. But for once, as the lights came back on and the credits started to roll, I didnТt feel like I had blue-brain. I instantly turn to my date and say "Wow." And she has that face....well I've seen that face before HAHAaaaaaa *golfswing* Much like Sky Captain, Sin City is shot entirely without the actors being actually anywhere but unlike the former, the latter wears it well, mainly because of its actors. The two actors I mentioned by last name only, I expected to exceed everyone else and they don't disappoint. Clive Owen is good as well and Elijah Wood is unrecognizable as the bearer of the ring (in a Toby/spiderman way..you'll see) The ladies are beautiful, even in black-n-white though Devon Aoki still looks like she has Down Syndrome and has no lines in the movie whatsoever. But the one actor that stole the movie for me was Mickey Rourke. You'll watch the three intertwining stories of Sin City and remember his the most for its violence, cheesy one liners that'll make Duke Nukem reach for a pad and pen, and nudity from the mother in Spy Kids *sweats*
The movie is based on graphics novels for a reason-the women are strong and curvy, the heroes are almost villains, and the violence and nudity is over the top-done in such ways that its practically ripped from the novels themselves.
Rodrigues makes up for his "dropping the ball" with "Once Upon a Time in Mexico" with this one, hands down. Tarentino even gets in on the action for one of the scenes regarding a severed head. The actors 'acting' is horrible, but purposely with a lot of the dialogue happening in 'inner voice' speaking and ridiculous lines like "She smells like an angel would smell." But it works and I wouldn't be surprised to see this turning into a franchise of movies helmed by Rodriguez. My only real detest is the movie length-I've been through too many 200 hour movies and its seeming to me that editors are being laid off in Hollywood for some reason. Do us and my ass a favor before it stays stuck at a 90 degree angle, edit and leave the "ridiculously stupendous extended edition" for the DVD. I enjoyed it this time, but no more braka-braka till the summer please.

Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 10th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Good Impressions Mad. To add, I must say this is one of the best movies I've seen in awhile. The whole style they used was extremely captivating. The acting was good too. As for the script, it stayed true to the comic book. Lots of cheesy moments and such. If anyone wants to see an entertaining movie, check this one out.

DSgamer
Apr 11th, 2005, 12:56 AM
omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg i didnt copy n paste that. JESSICA ALBA HOTTEST GIRL EVER NEXT TO RECHICK14

Redpyramidhead
Apr 11th, 2005, 02:49 AM
Still haven't seen it... but I have been looking forward to it. Btw, Dieguito, we already had this conversation... jessica alba is not the hottest gitl ever. Now if you dont mind, I must get back to my date with Salma Hayek.

_RED_ stuff

MADRUCKIS
Apr 11th, 2005, 05:26 PM
THOU SHALT NOT SPEAK THE NAME 'HAYEK'!!!

BLASPHEEEEEMMMMYYYY

*goes to take a cold shower*

DSgamer
Apr 12th, 2005, 01:24 AM
im telling u bro, jessica alba is hottest chick ever next to rechik14 for sure

fantasytiger
Apr 12th, 2005, 08:22 AM
ummm ok boys calm down i believe this was about the movie Sin City which I didn't see and am sulking at this very moment because i have not been to the movies in ages *sigh* *adds it to her to buy lwhen released list*

oh and i think Salma Hayek is deffinitely prettier :mean: :laugh:

MADRUCKIS
Apr 12th, 2005, 05:32 PM
oh and i think Salma Hayek is deffinitely prettier :mean: :laugh:

even she knows

it must be truth, it just must be

DSgamer
Apr 12th, 2005, 08:27 PM
i did my business to hayek before sin city, and now i got something new

fantasytiger
Apr 13th, 2005, 07:00 AM
:S ummmm ok not the what i exspected to read at 7:59 in the morn :blink: wow this thread was going along the road and just crashed into the gutter

Redpyramidhead
Apr 15th, 2005, 04:37 AM
I believe this to be partially my fault... sorry :( I have a habit of doing that to threads :laugh: If anybody else who has actually seen the movie would like to comment on it, feel free :D

_RED_ stuff

trunks69420
Apr 28th, 2005, 09:52 AM
i watched this movie on sunday... i thought it was very good. the end... i guess this discussion is kindof dead.. but i just seen it as i was bored and wanted everyone to know that i did finally see it. word.