PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell

Phenom
Mar 28th, 2005, 09:31 PM
I didn't do any search so I could be mistaken.
I don't here too many people talking about this game. Is it any good? Can it compete with Metal Gear? (Atleast that's what I heard some people were comparing this game to) What are your opinions/views on this game?

TtTackler
Mar 28th, 2005, 09:46 PM
I played the original a long, long time ago for a few stages. Personally, I'm a huge Metal Gear fan, so my opinion of the series may be slightly slanted, but I don't think Splinter Cell was as good. The only similar thing between the two games was that they are both stealth-action, besides that, the style and atomsphere of both of the games feel completely different.

The game wasn't bad, I would recommend trying it out, its just that from what I played of it it just never sucked me in the way Metal Gear Solid did the first time I played it years ago.

Dactrius
Mar 28th, 2005, 11:51 PM
What you're talking about here are two different games, almost entirely. They live in the same genre, and have similar concepts, but that's about as far as it goes. Splinter Cell is much more realistic, the tension is a lot thicker and the plot is much darker. Sam carries two guns, and only a handful of gadgets. Snake packs a small armoury in his pockets, and carries enough items to start up his own convenience store. Sam takes on terrorist warlords, Snake takes on 50 foot walking battle tanks.

To put it simply, if a stealth game is what you're after, stalking from the shadows and picking your fights, then Splinter Cell is what you need. If you like a little more action in your mix, and love a detailed story, then Metal Gear Solid is the way to go. They cater for seperate audiences, best to decide which you're a part of.

Or like me, just play both. They're equally awesome. :D