PDA

View Full Version : Old pic, crap colouring, rubbish pic I guess :p

Soul Angel
Mar 19th, 2002, 10:06 AM
Here's a pic which I did sometime last year and decided to colour in just recently, so it isn't really that good at tall :heh:

Btw the pic isn't a pic of a fox just in case you thought it might be :right:

Fox (http://communities.msn.com/Ps2Fantasy/artwork.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=38)

Well hope you like it (if you really can) and opinions are always welcome :)

Dark Wolf
Mar 19th, 2002, 03:46 PM
Hey that's pretty good Soul Angel, better then what I can do
Very nice indeed :)

Spirit
Mar 19th, 2002, 03:58 PM
looks good soul :D you get better every day :)

Cannibal Clown
Mar 19th, 2002, 05:25 PM
Great job Soul. It's very well done.

Stop saying that all of your stuff is crap. Seriously, it's good and you can really draw.

If you don't mind though, I will give you a couple pointers. But just for the record, i'm not critisising your drawing, it's far better than anything i could do in less than a few months ago, but I still feel that my sugestions are nessesary.

I'll start with the head. The face is perfect, and so is the hair, wouldn't change a thing, but you have to learn that the eyes are in the center of the head, not the top. you should raise the top of the head a few inches, or else you're not leaving any room for the brain, or even room for more hair to grow.

Next I'll point out the shoulders. Since I don't know who the character is, it's hard for me to judge your pic. But if this guy is over the age of 13, then you have to make the sholders much wider. In the human figure, you should be able to place another head on each of your sholders. You don't have much width in the sholders at all. But I know it's hard to give the sholders width, without him seeming like a body guard or something, but by the end of the drawing, you can tell how the width of the sholders really hepl with the measurements of the rest of the body.

I don't now if your going for realism or anime, but I do think that you should make the neck a bit thinner. Not too much though, because that's how to determine the body's of males and females, by the thikness of their necks. Girls, very skinny, but guys still have thin necks too.

Other than that, the pic is great. In future drawings, try to remember that a average males height is usually from five to seven heads tall. When your doing full bodies, that's where the wider sholders help a lot, because without them, if you try to get the length of the legs and chest corrent, the sholders will make the character look like an alien.

If you'd like to see the site where I learned to draw anime and body proportions, and so on and so fourth, here it is.
http://www.howtodrawmanga.com/tutorial/tutorial.html

I hope it helps and that my suggestions were appreaciated.

And remember, I'm not critisising, just pointing out things about your drawings, and hopefully helping anyone who reads this post.

Lord_Of_NoTiNg
Mar 19th, 2002, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the site Cannibal Clown:cool:

merylsilverburg
Mar 20th, 2002, 08:26 PM
Ah, Soul! Kawaii! :D I really like it! And your coloring isn't so bad. What program did you use? It's nice. I would also have to agree with Cannibal on his points, though. I'm not critisizing also, please don't get me wrong, but his pointers are very helpful and it'll help you become a better artist. :) Otherwise, it's terrific. Keep it up! :happy:

Soul Angel
Mar 21st, 2002, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the comments guys :)

And Cannibal and Meryl thanks for the advise I really appreciate it, I'll always gladly liston and take in your advise, so don't worry I know your not critisizing :)

Oh yeah Meryl I used Paint Shop Pro 7 to colour the pic in, like I did with some of my other pics on here and thanks for the site Cannibal as well :happy:

Cannibal Clown
Mar 21st, 2002, 07:26 PM
Don't mention it. I was afraid that you were going to go ape sh*t on me for pointing out the flaws. A lot of people really b*tch at me whenever I make a comment about what they do. No matter how nice and polite and considerate I make it sound they still yell at me and say that I'm a mean little ass hole because I was the only one who said that what they did wasn't perfect.

Pertsonally, I'm very modest about what I do, and I appreaciate every comment about my art that I can get. It helps me work harder and keep me strait in line and from leaning toward the cocky side of my talents.

I hope you feel the same way.

merylsilverburg
Mar 21st, 2002, 09:33 PM
Hey Cannibal, those people who yell at you are just dumba$$es, no need to listen to them. People who have an open mind are willing to take in any advice or critisism, like an adult. So, just ignore them. ;) Oh, and Soul, thanks for the info. I really need to get a program where I can color and do stuff, so that way, I can submit my drawings with m ugly coloring on them. :sarcasm: :laugh:

Devil Snake
Mar 22nd, 2002, 07:50 AM
hey!soul your sketchings and pics r brilliant.This is not rubbish.
i also wished to do these kind of activities but my scanner is not working now a days:mad:...............neways this drawing is awesome!:cool:

Soul Angel
Mar 23rd, 2002, 10:28 PM
Thanks Devil Snake :happy:
I hope you get your scanner working so we can see some of your pics, which you have done :)

Oh and Cannibal don't worry I wouldn't be mad at you or anyone else for that matter.
You was giving me some advise on how I could improve, how else can someone improve their skills if they don't know what there doing wrong? :peoples:

Anyway thanks for the comments again guys :D

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 27th, 2002, 12:16 AM
Listen to Cannible he knows what he is talkin bout ive seen alot of his drawings and they are really good and not to seem choosy but so far hes beats everything ive seen but some do come close