PDA

View Full Version : MGS 4 confirmed

Vic Viper
Mar 2nd, 2005, 07:06 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/front_index.php?

KOJIMA CONFIRMS METAL GEAR SOLID 4 FOR NEXT-GEN

Burning hot news straight from Konami's ongoing European MGS 3 launch event

17:25 Solid Snake mastermind Hideo Kojima has confirmed that work is shortly to begin on Metal Gear Solid 4.

Speaking to press at Konami's European launch event for Metal Gear Solid 3, currently underway in Berlin, Germany, Kojima-san revealed that Metal Gear Solid 4 "will be a next-generation title" and went on to say that number four will kick off a brand new series featuring Solid Snake.

Although Kojima-san was giving away few extra details, he did let slip that the concept of Metal Gear Solid 4 will be "No place to hide". He also quipped that there would be "No place for Hideo". He plans to tack a step back and assume the role of executive producer on MGS 4, meaning he won't be as hands-on with the sequel as he was with Metal Gear Solid 3.

Stepping in as producer on Metal Gear Solid 4 is Ken-Ichiro Imaizumi. "We'll be taking it [MGS 4] to the next-gen and we want to feature a fresh, intriguing storyline and gameplay plus captivating graphics and more features while remaining true to the core of the MGS series - remaining Solid. We hope you'll enjoy," Imaizumi-san told an excited press gathering at Konami's event.

Folks, that's it for now, but with our frontline reporter on the scene in Berlin keep eyes peeled for potential further mouth-watering titbits on MGS 4. ..

merylsilverburg
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:09 AM
*dies* Good news...wait..no...scratch that...fantastic news. The new theme "No Place to Hide" makes me wonder what the stages/levels would be like or if this applies to the theme/story of the game. Thanks Vic. :cool:

Vic Viper
Mar 3rd, 2005, 11:57 AM
yea its a great news, i just wish they would make another game with Big Boss as the main character. :cry:

dan da man
Mar 3rd, 2005, 04:45 PM
YESSSS, Great news, got me even more excited with MGS 3 coming out tomorrow, awesome stuff!!!!

Urahara Kisuke
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:11 PM
Thats great news. Hopefully it will far surpase MSG 3 to be even better. ^_^

merylsilverburg
Mar 4th, 2005, 04:46 AM
yea its a great news, i just wish they would make another game with Big Boss as the main character. :cry:
I wouldn't mind that either, I'm very fond of BB myself even though I still like Snake a lot.

Vic Viper
Mar 4th, 2005, 11:28 AM
how do you guys feel about Kojima as an Ex. Producer of this game. he wont be as hands on with the game as he was in the past MG games. :cry:

i hope the new director doesnt screw it up. :frust:

** btw, heres a picture of the press conference ** (http://ruliweb2.dreamwiz.com:8080/ruliboard/gup/img_link4/7560.jpg)

Phenom
Apr 19th, 2005, 06:24 AM
"Revives thread"
I'm a bit skeptical. Alan Smithee as the Director?! And he is?

Anymore updates? I mean if there were some more news, it'd already be posted, but it never hurts to ask =D (well sometimes it does, but you know)

Vic Viper
Apr 19th, 2005, 12:05 PM
"Revives thread"
I'm a bit skeptical. Alan Smithee as the Director?! And he is?

he doesnt exist. :laugh:

they havent announce who the next director will be.

Phenom
Apr 19th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Oh, lol =)
In the link with the press conference it says director: Alan Smithee =O

Chara
May 3rd, 2005, 12:25 PM
Actually I kinda like Kojima not being producer of this one. I absolutely hate his extremely long philosophical rants that don't even really belong. For me MGS3 was just a great game... only thing holding it back from being awesome was the fixed camera (which is a pain in the ass if you take away the radar), and those long rants that really didnt fit in. Well, at least it wasnt nearly as many as there was in MGS2, but then again that game's storyline was just a mess.

Vulcan Raven
May 4th, 2005, 03:23 AM
Yeah but "No Place To Hide" ??? I Always loved the whole "Tactical Espionage Action thing, the steath was what i loved. But As what merylsilverburgh said, maybe its just to do with the story or something. But knowing the mgs team, they should do something great, i do hope the new direcot dosent screw it up

Chara
May 13th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Heh, check out the info on the name Alan Smithee.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000647/bio

Vic Viper
May 13th, 2005, 10:43 AM
^^^ ok there is a real Alan Smittee after all. :laugh: