PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Recon2 Online questions...........

FATT47
Feb 16th, 2005, 01:09 PM
I just picked the game up a couple of days ago and so far I like the version.
The graphics are better then the last version IMO and along with the map quality and new OTS view (over the shoulder).

I haven't done much of the single player mode as of yet but I will shortly, I created a new online account almost as soon as I got the game out of the box and I can tell from my first time online that I like the way this game plays except for a couple of features.

First off the OTS view is not available with online play, that bothered me at first but once ya play for a short time the FPS view takes on a very realistic and good feel.
This FP view is different in that you don't even see your weapon out in front of ya, all ya see is a cross-hair but I must say the movement, speed and control is very good and easily changed to your liking.
After only plain online for a short time his view is actually more realistic IMO, in real life you don't view the world from a third person view, ya see it through your eyes.

Ok, now to my questions or maybe just question.
Also I was a little disappointed with an online feature that wont allow ya to create your own rooms, host a game and put on a password?
Why is it or is there maybe some way of doin that? if there is I haven't figured it out yet.
My friend who I'm startin this game out with and I couldn't see how to set up a room and put a password on it so we could just practice the game and get use to things durin our early stages of havin the game.
We don't care to join a group of 8-10 players all lookin to up their stats by killin a couple of newbies for hours, we just wanted to play the game for a short time to get our feet wet.

Does anyone know the best way to or is there a way to achieve somethin close to the scenario I mention here?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated and I thank ya in advance.

FATT47
Feb 26th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Very disappointing experience with Ghost Recon 2.
After having the game for almost two weeks and enjoying the single player mode quite a bit I ran into a problem.
I was playing the single player mode more then usual for me because I wanted to get use to the feel for my online play, GR2 does have some different features about it but the online play was at ton of fun, smooth play, good movement and the user features seemed ok, the biggest negative for me was not being able to host rooms and set passwords, but there are ways of gettin around that.

Onto the problem, never had this happen with any PS2 game before, I was mid way through the 5th mission and all of a sudden the game froze, now that has happened with games before no biggy so I waited a short time then rebooted to start again.
Much to my shock when I went to the game my profile was not there anymore? nor was my saved game, nor my online setups?
Everything on my memory card relatin to GR2 was gone?
All other game saves were there, nothing else was touched, like the game janitor in the sky erased GR2 and left everything else alone?

So, I loader it up again and in a day or so got to that same point again and guess what?
Same thing, game freezes and when I reboot all saved data and everything else about the game is gone again, zippo, nada, see ya!

So I called EB games and explained the issue and they said it sounds like a defective disc, bring it back no questions asked they just said who knows, sorry and we'll refund the game.
They gave me full store credit and that I thought was cool after almost two weeks, but what a shame, I was really enjoyin the game.