PDA

View Full Version : Happy Anti-Valentine's Day!!!

IcyMourdor
Feb 14th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Lets face it, not everyone is lucky enough to have a significant other on this day (*cries*). But anyway, instead of just sitting around alone, going out and rebeling against this day is a nice remedy.

Did you have a normal valentine's or did you have an anti-day?
What did you do?
Where did you go?

Remember guys, flowers and candy aren't enough, be sure to buy them a piece of jewelry with a minimum price of $75 in order to make it a good day. ;)

Piggle_humsy
Feb 14th, 2005, 01:18 PM
I'm at my mates house with my sis and we're having a pampering night of face masks, hairstyling, manicures, Take-away food, Movies & Popcorn! :D
What a girly night!
I'm not that great at being girly but I do enjoy food & movies! :P

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

kupoartist
Feb 14th, 2005, 02:30 PM
I was only faintly aware it was Valentine's Day, I saw perhaps two people doing something in relation to it. The general concensus among the people I know is that Valentines day is an evil commericalist monster. No-one seemed particuarly sad that they weren't being "included". Just another ordinary day. Now... Homework or Anime?

Vic Viper
Feb 14th, 2005, 03:50 PM
i could be your valentine icymourdor. :naughty:

tempted
Feb 14th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Can someone explain me the meaning of this day?! Cause i really don't know why it exists such a day. I mean a special day to spend with a special someone?!Please :sarcasm: ...If you're lucky (or unlucky enough) to have a special someone in your life that alone should make everyday special...there's no need for such a day, imo anyways.

Nelo Angelo
Feb 14th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Just an anti-day. =D

Though I'd rather have bears dancing around me than buying stuff.

BEAR DANCING :O (http://img71.exs.cx/img71/9386/57038460l2le.gif)
^ For those who don't have a Valentine. XD

happy_doughnut
Feb 14th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Well, that could be said of just about any other holiday. I mean, we should treasure and love our mothers and fathers every day and bring them flowers when we can just because, but most of us don't. It's the same with Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, ect.

It's true that companies take these days as opportunities for advertisement, but honestly, everyday is one big advertisement, anyway.

I think that celebrating these days are nice. It is especially nice if you have someone to share it with, be it a significant other, friends and/or family. I don't see these days with such a negative light. I personally think that they are good, to a certain extent. Yes, it's just pure advertisement of chocolates, flowers, cards and so on, but most people don't usually go out and buy chocolates and a card for someone they love (again, not necessarily a boyfriend or girlfriend) just because. If it's not because of a holiday, sadly, it often is a form of apology. I also think that we live our lives very, very rushed, which I also think to be sad. Most of the time we are out and about, moving quickly throughout the day, taking care of our needs whether they be in the form of work, school, chores and whatever. Sometimes it just seems that we are so comsumed in our own lives that we forget about others and how truly special they are to us. We just think: I need to do this and this, and I haven't done that yet... blah, blah.

So therefore, I do think there is goodness to these days because they remind us that there are other people besides our own selves in this world and that some recognition is nice. It would be great if we did these things without a reason, like Kaena said, but most people simply don't.

But anyways, I had a sad Valentine's day. Not sad because something happened (or didn't happen for that matter) but just because I was sad in general. Now, I don't know if this had to do with the day, but I don't think so.

I was in school during the day (up until now, anyway) and you can imagine seeing all the couples hugging and kissing and stuff. That made me feel kinda warm inside, actually. Eh. I guess I did wish that I... blah.

Anyway, I got chocolates and a little puppy plushie for this day from my hunny yesterday. I wanted more chocolates, roses, a real puppy, and more chocolates along with a $700+ dollar ring, but oh, well. XD I'm happy.

So I guess I didn't do much. Just went to school... walked out of my english class cause I was feeling crummy. :(

I don't think I'm going to do anything later, either... SOOO, I think that it's for me.

Okay day. Not too good, not too bad. ^^

Chara
Feb 14th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Yea, it is nice to have a day dedicated to this lubby dubby stuff. Yes, we should love each otehr every day but it is nice to have a day dedicated just to it.

With that type of attitude towards valentines day you would think I have a valentine. Nope... compeletely the opposite. Actually I havent had a girlfriend for about even a year. Valentines day never really got me down. This doesnt mean I ever felt happy for the people ever. Just... indifferent towards the entire holiday.

As for what I did today... well, I helped planned my friend's birthday. I was able to get 3 hotel suites at the Sheraton for $39 each. The perks of having a friend who's brother is the manager of the hotel. Also I met a girl that I really, really liked in highschool, but.. yea. I ran into her at CVS, she was getting some flowers for her mother that is supposed to be from her father. Man, lucky me... she went away for college too and then ended up coming back here to go to college. Time hasnt been bad to her either. Meeting her totally made me forget the reason I was in the store in the first place.

Then I came home and finished up some stuff I had to do on the computer. I didnt really think about valentines day until I saw a guy on the street selling flowers... so I brought some for my mother and sister. I also went to CVS for some chcolate.

Infernal Mass
Feb 14th, 2005, 11:24 PM
valentines day is all for the chicks, they should've just called it "kiss your girl's ass day"..

IcyMourdor
Feb 15th, 2005, 12:15 AM
Anyway, I got chocolates and a little puppy plushie for this day from my hunny yesterday. I wanted more chocolates, roses, a real puppy, and more chocolates along with a $700+ dollar ring, but oh, well. XD I'm happy.

See what I am saying! You have to treat them like the princesses that they truly are.

BTW, I accept Vic. ;)

Chara
Feb 15th, 2005, 01:03 AM
valentines day is all for the chicks, they should've just called it "kiss your girl's ass day"..

Nah, for a past valentines day an ex of mine gave me a nice gift. A super sexy grilled cheese sandwich. Oh yea.

But yea... I really havent gotten much for valentines day before. Maybe a kiss or something, but thats it. I mean I spend like nearly a grand on a necklace... Cmon she could at least make a downpayment on a mustang for me.

Man... if that happened I would get on one knee and ask her to marry me.

Rei
Feb 15th, 2005, 01:13 AM
I don't care about it, I'm not pro or against the celebration of Valentine's Day. For some it's nice to have a special day dedicated to this kind of thing, for some other it's just a good occasion for gifts and such things, some others don't really care. In any case, it's not a celebration to be taken too seriously. It's true that you shouldn't remember you love somebody only today, but I doubt people who are truly in love with someone consider Valentine's Day the ultimate day for loving their significant other. It's just nice to have the chance to do something you maybe don't do everyday, like as I said buying gifts, spending the evening out, having a romantic dinner and so on. Of course you can do these things also in other occasions, but one more doesn't hurt.

Berserker
Feb 15th, 2005, 02:16 AM
Me and my girl don't do anything special we refuse to spend money when we are supposed to. Why would you buy roses for 4 dollar a piece when one week later they're are back to 1 dollar a piece? Call me cheap-ass but it doesn't make sense to me. My first valentine together we did things but now we're years further we both agree to do nothing.

trunks69420
Feb 15th, 2005, 02:58 AM
For valentines day this year... i got drunk as hell... woke up early.. went to my uncle's funeral.. but at the reception there was an open bar... so i drank that bastard dry.. came home... drank a 12er... passed out by 9... woke up at 2.. went downton to get more smokes... now i'm home talking here... then.. going to play a vid game maybe and then goto bed... happy shit ass day to you all

i hate valentines day

The Stevil
Feb 15th, 2005, 04:40 AM
Vallentines day sucks. I woke up, went to work at mcdonalds, came home around 5, showered, ate dinner, took a nap, got up around 11:30, watched futurama/athf/family guy, then stayed on the computer till now.

Only... I didn't sleep at all during my nap.

I actually just tried to ignor the holliday today. I was depressed enough when I got dumped in December. I didn't need to let it bug me again. So I just ignored it all day, and got along quite good. Altogether, it was an average day, with a few more flowers.

absinthe_fairy
Feb 16th, 2005, 04:42 AM
I spent the day at school. Oh, hurrah. I skipped my History class and sat on an oval with a close friend and had a deep and meaningful. Valentine's Day flew by unnoticed for me. Even if I was still with my boyfriend, I wouldn't have made a fuss. That holiday is way too materialistic for my liking.

Faile
Feb 16th, 2005, 05:52 AM
Hoho. 14/02 would have been the two and a half year anniversary of my previous relationship. So I spent the day feeling rather embittered and a little angry. Mostly jealous. I really suspect that relationships aren't worth it. I mean, so much of it is a faux-recognition for validation, at least with the poor choices of partner that I've gone for.