PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to buy Xbox because of MGSX?

Lord_Of_NoTiNg
Mar 18th, 2002, 07:13 PM
Are you going to buy xbox because of MGSX?
Just wondering

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 18th, 2002, 07:37 PM
As far as i know the mgs for xbox is not in the works.Even though we did get a nice little treat from sleazy conserning that.

Lord_Of_NoTiNg
Mar 18th, 2002, 09:57 PM
I think they are check this link out
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,454493,00.html

Even if I am wrong would you buy Xbox if MSGX came out on it.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 18th, 2002, 10:43 PM
Yeah that article is old news.But if mgs were to come out for xbox i would get the system.

BlackThornn
Mar 18th, 2002, 11:03 PM
If the Xbox were sold in the united states as the Smoke Black version with the Controller S bundled in by default, and there were more good games for the system besides HALO, DOA3, and MGSX, I would buy the system.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 18th, 2002, 11:17 PM
I'll buy an Xbox regardless of MGSX. I really like them. I have to wait a year though because I just got my PS2 in December and if I ran out and bought an Xbox now my wife would kill me. :laugh:

Reid
Mar 18th, 2002, 11:29 PM
Hmm . . .
I don't think so, unless either the price had dropped or there were going to be a lot more good titles on that system by that point.

I'd either rent it or hope that a PS2 port of the Xbox version would come out.

jenova_jeb
Mar 19th, 2002, 01:16 AM
It's not coming out, but I don't think I'd buy it even if it did come out. I've already played MGS and MGS2, and if I were going to spend $300.00 bucks on a system I would be getting myself a Gamecube (I already have a PS2).

Mercury Shadow
Mar 19th, 2002, 06:41 AM
I deffinitely wouldn't because even though it's an excellent game, how much more can they really put in their for a $50 game and a $300 system? + expensive memory card... I'd rather buy all the PS2 games I haven't gotten yet such as Devil May Cry and FFX and Shadow of Destiny...

Soul Angel
Mar 19th, 2002, 09:35 AM
I probably wouldn't buy an X Box even if they did release MGSX which I highly doubt they would, mainly because I don't really want to buy a console for just one game and especially at the price which the X Box is at!!
I think the X Box has to release some good games which I would like to get before I'll even think of considering in gettting one.

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 19th, 2002, 09:49 AM
Im not gonna ill just wait for MGS3 for ps2(3)

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 19th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Soul Angel
I don't really want to buy a console for just one game

hehe well that's what made me buy a PS2. Honestly I was hell bent on getting an Xbox, but I wanted to play FFX too much.

merylsilverburg
Mar 19th, 2002, 04:20 PM
No, if MGSX were going to be released, I wouldn't buy an X-Box. To me, I wouldn't buy a whole new console just to play a game or two. If I were desperate, I would have to go and rent an X-Box and play it. Other than that, I would just wait for it to be ported to the PS2, just like Jet Set Radio: Future. ;)

jenova_jeb
Mar 23rd, 2002, 08:16 PM
Yeah, renting would be a good option.

psyke
Mar 24th, 2002, 06:22 AM
if it DOES come, it will be just like the MGS2, right? or so the link says

"MGS2 will be coming to the Xbox as Metal Gear Solid X. "

Then no.

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 24th, 2002, 02:45 PM
It would just be a waste of money then

Macceh^
Mar 25th, 2002, 06:09 AM
i heard it was just mgs2 rebadged to make it sound new.

BlackThornn
Mar 25th, 2002, 01:07 PM
It would supposedly include some additional options, but basically it'd just be MGS2 rebadged, yes..

Hopefully, though, it's no longer in development. I'd hate to see a terrific title like MGS2 be ported over to the evil conglomerate (Yes, evil.. Microsoft is openly out to control, not have a piece of, but control any market they get thier claws into; and Bill Gates is the evil little rich gnome at the head). Maybe Kojima finally put his foot down about it, giving Konami an ultimatum like "You put my work on that garbage, and you can look to somebody else to continue the series." or something like that. *shrugs* Unlikely, but we can always hope integrity can hold up over money.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 29th, 2002, 12:26 AM
Like i said in all the other threads,theres been no new news on it and if there isnt any by E3 dont hold your breathe for it.