PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone play killzone?

duovash55
Feb 9th, 2005, 09:11 AM
For several months now Ive been playing the best first person shooter for ps2 a game called killzone. what i want to know is why does it have no hype all i here about is how "its No halo 2" I dont care and its not trying to be but know one talks about its got everything a fps needs Great graphics good controls and one of the best AIs in games today Why does no one talk about it? :crack:

kupoartist
Feb 9th, 2005, 11:16 AM
all i here about is how "its No halo 2" I dont care and its not trying to be
Wrong. Killzone was hyped and on the very basis of it being "a Halo killer". Futhermore, you don't release a game in the same month as Halo 2 unless either:
1. You believe that you game is as good as Halo 2
2. You're a complete numbskull.

Once people started playing it, opinion was that it wasn't anywhere near as good as the game it was supposed to be competing against. From the perspective of someone who thinks the first Halo was the single most overrated game ever (TM), I wouldn't buy a copy of killzone if it was inhabited by a genie that could grant all my wishes. Or even if it came with a free bar of chocolate.

Why does no one talk about it? :crack:
Because it was pissed on by critics and released in November 2004, possibly the worst month to release an FPS game that didn't begin with the letter "H".

Though I am as intrigued to hear if anyone actually did buy it... Oh and the advert for it at the cinema was pretty funky. Didn't show any actual gameplay of course, so that's probably why.

Kaolla Su
Feb 9th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Hey hey hey now kupoartist calm down. Killzone is a good game. I bought it because my homie said it was good...and it was. Have you ever played it? you'll probably say " I don't need to play it to see that it sucks" blah blah " I know every thing about GAMES"! *sighs and takes a deep breath*
sorry :shame:. For people who dont own a friggen Xbox to be able to play Halo 2, Killzone is the next best thing.

kupoartist
Feb 9th, 2005, 03:03 PM
That's great. Now please tell me at which point in my post I actually passed my own judgement on the game? I'm merely pointing out that all the reviewers totally panned the game, and as someone who doesn't have the time or money to waste on anything but the best, Killzone is far, far down the list. No, i'm not saying that reviewers are always right, but when all of them say something is crap, it's going to crap. All i'm doing is explaining why no-one has played this game. That reason is that bad press, and the game's suicidal November 2004 release.

For people who dont own a friggen Xbox to be able to play Halo 2, Killzone is the next best thing.
I disagree. Timesplitters 2 comes well recommended for a start, and if you have a PC (and you presumably do, unless you post on this forum) you probably have no right to moan about the lack of quality FPS games within your grasp.

And just for the record, the day I admit that Halo 2 is the benchmark for FPS games, will be the day that I play it through more times than I've seen this face (http://www.kupoartist.eclipse.co.uk/hl2shots/gman03.jpg)

Infernal Mass
Feb 12th, 2005, 06:09 AM
I liked the presentation most of all, the gameplay could've been alot smoother though had it been made for a more powerful platform. The demo was fun, i played thru it about 5-6 times.

Berserker
Feb 17th, 2005, 04:47 AM
I got it, I had to cause I'm a chauvinist-pig :laugh:
I feared the worst from all the bashing that was going on on the net and mags.To be honest I find it a cool game it ain't perfect in no possible way....but I have to admit it was a hell of a lot fun to play it through. And now after some time I still enjoy the multiplayer levels. So I guess it was overhyped(is that a word??) but now it's also underrated IMO.

PS I do think the AI sucks though

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 17th, 2005, 02:03 PM
I played it once. Thought it was ok, but nothing I would shell out 50 bucks for. Maybe when it gets the old 19.99, I'll pick it up.

Ebony&Ivory
Apr 3rd, 2005, 04:15 PM
Killzone wasnt bad but wasnt nearly as good as most 1st person shooter games out there. Still a pretty decent game though. :no: