PDA

View Full Version : "Game of the Year"

kupoartist
Feb 2nd, 2005, 08:33 AM
@ the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences: http://www.interactive.org/awards/IAA-8/winners.asp
Half-Life 2

@ Gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/bestof2004/day6f_1.html
World of Warcraft

@ IGN: http://bestof.ign.com/2004/overall/
Half-Life 2 (Burnout and Metroid Prime 2, runners up)

@ Gamespy: http://goty.gamespy.com/2004/overall/
Halo 2 (2. Half-Life 2, 3. GTA:San Andreas)

@ Eurogamer:
Half-Life 2 (2. Chronicles of Riddick, 3. GTA:San Andreas)

---

So the inevitable question is: What was your GOTY 2004 (and if you have any other sites to add, please add them!)

Redpyramidhead
Feb 2nd, 2005, 03:49 PM
Need For Speed Underground 2

_RED_ stuff

Vic Viper
Feb 2nd, 2005, 05:14 PM
Metal Gear Solid 3 is my 2004 GOTY. :mean:

Infernal Mass
Feb 5th, 2005, 12:45 AM
Ninja Gaiden is my pick for GOTY 2004.

Redpyramidhead
Feb 5th, 2005, 01:42 AM
If there was a category for "best ending to a series" I would have to give that medal to Legacy of Kain: Defiance... that is a truly fulfilling gaming experience built up of all of the classic elements of the series miced together and improved along with new elements added to the mix... all in one satisfying finale. so yeah... lets make up some categories here:

Best Ending to a Series: Legacy of Kain: Defiance

Thank you!

_RED_ stuff

Urahara Kisuke
Feb 5th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Metal Gear Solid 3 is my 2004 GOTY. :mean:
I would have to agree with that. ^_^

dan da man
Feb 5th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. Is my GOTY 2004, always a hard pick but I limited myself to certain games last year so Ive missed a few, Half Life 2 etc.

My GOTY 2005 is going to be Metal Gear Solid 3, really looking forward to it.

Wondering when this thread was going to posted, thanks kupo!

DSgamer
Feb 5th, 2005, 10:06 PM
my goty is super mario bros. classic NES series for gba because super mario bros. is the best game ever

Drafter-T
Feb 5th, 2005, 10:38 PM
For me personally, 2004 was one of the weakest years I've seen for PS2. Can't speak for any other consoles, since I only own the PS2.

I tried GTA SA, but to be honest, I just didn't think it was all that great. Maybe it's not my style, but I guess it would come as close to GOTY for 2004 as anything else I saw. I liked GTA3 alot better than this new version.

If I had to pick the game I enjoyed the most in 2004, it would have to be TOCA Race Driver 2. I'm not saying it would even be on the map for GOTY, but for me, it was my favorite game in '04.

absinthe_fairy
Feb 5th, 2005, 11:28 PM
I'd have to say Final Fantasy X-2. I had a lot of fun playing it, especially when I was bored and in pain after surgery early last year. I have no idea if Silent Hill 4: The Room was released last year, I think it was, but that game can get my vote for GOTY for me as well.

Nothing else really stood out to me.

trunks69420
Feb 6th, 2005, 02:13 AM
because i play it like a full time job... Halo2... i'll be honest... the story mode... kinda weak.. and this is from a hardcore halo fan... it just really wasnt as good... really cool innovations in it... but what really sells it for me... as always.. multiplayer... and most of all Halo2 online... this past week alone.. i'de have to say i've logged over 60 hours on it... not to count all the other time i play this game online... amazing gameplay... fun for hours on end... and sleepless nights... all around goodness :D

Kaolla Su
Feb 6th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Ill have to give props to Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater for:
1. Great story
2. great graphics
3. great sound
4. great music
5. very interactive
6. interesting bosses
7. lot of replay value

GOOOOOOOOO SNAKE!

IcyMourdor
Feb 6th, 2005, 03:06 PM
I'm going with Snake Eater as well. A great game to finish the trilogy.

dan da man
Feb 6th, 2005, 04:16 PM
I'm going with Snake Eater as well. A great game to finish the trilogy.

There will be a fourth.

Vic Viper
Feb 7th, 2005, 10:12 AM
My GOTY 2005 is going to be Metal Gear Solid 3, really looking forward to it.
!

Resident Evil 4 is my 2005 GOTY. ^__^

dan da man
Feb 7th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Resident Evil 4 is my 2005 GOTY. ^__^

Thats coming out in this year too Vic In Europe, looks beautiful, best graphics going to get until the next generations shown at this years E3.

Vic Viper
Feb 8th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Thats coming out in this year too Vic In Europe, looks beautiful, best graphics going to get until the next generations shown at this years E3.

why do you euros always get it last. i kinda feel sorry for you guys. :shame: such an awesome game. trust me dan you wont be disappointed, its the best resi evil game to date, imo. :)

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 9th, 2005, 04:30 PM
MGS 3 Game Of The Year 2004

Vic Viper
Feb 9th, 2005, 05:44 PM
MGS 3 Game Of The Year 2004

MGS 3 is the best game ever !! ^__^

Chara
Feb 9th, 2005, 08:19 PM
I havent really played many ames that came out in 2004, but I played most of the big titles. So my GOTY has to go to Rome: Total War. I used to hate all RTS games with a passion but Rome: Total War is so easy to play (no building up crap for 15 minutes...) and addictive, I have to make it my GOTY. HL2 would be my GOTY but for me it really doesnt have any replay value. I never finished my second time through because the game didnt feel that great anymore. But it was one hell of a experience the first time through. I had a "Holy crap this game is awesome!" experssion nearly throughout the entire game.

Phenom
Feb 9th, 2005, 08:42 PM
I like MGS3 as well, but I don't feel it's been out that long for it to get game of the year. "shrugs" It will most definantly be my game of the year for this year. As far as last year.... I'm going with Ninja Gaiden.