PDA

View Full Version : Mercenaries progress?

Drafter-T
Jan 29th, 2005, 09:36 AM
I've got all the Clubs and 5 of the Diamonds captured, so I'm not even half way thru the game and this game is getting TOUGH! Man, even harder than SOCOM 2 for sure. I'm thinking I'm to the point in the game now where I really need to be smart about using all my resources. May have to open the ole' brain a little and think a bit, lol. X_X;

For those that have the game, how far along are you?

Have you captured all your Cards alive? So far I have. I sure want to get them all alive if I can, but as hard as the game is getting, I'm starting to wonder, lol.

FATT47
Jan 29th, 2005, 12:25 PM
I've got all the Clubs and 5 of the Diamonds captured, so I'm not even half way thru the game and this game is getting TOUGH! Man, even harder than SOCOM 2 for sure. I'm thinking I'm to the point in the game now where I really need to be smart about using all my resources. May have to open the ole' brain a little and think a bit, lol. X_X;

For those that have the game, how far along are you?

Have you captured all your Cards alive? So far I have. I sure want to get them all alive if I can, but as hard as the game is getting, I'm starting to wonder, lol.

I must say I'm not much of a single player mode gamer, more into the online stuff as ya know Drifter, but this game I must say is a tad bit addictive.
I'm findin it very hard to put down, I'm enjoyin it much more then I did the SocomII game.

I'm workin on my Ace of Clubs guy now, the last of that suite, I missed a couple of the lower clubs before I accepted the contract on the Ace, they just never showed up durin my ventures around the map, I waited and looked for em and finally I just took the contract on the Ace and that ends the hunt for any ya didn't get, I'm still a little confused about that?

More power to ya if ya can get em all alive, it aint much of an option with me, like I told ya I've tried to get em alive, but I aint that great at this single player stuff, I don't have the patience for it, one of the rare things I don't have patience with.
I'm playin the part of the Merc to the fullest IMO, stay out of sight, take my time and above all kill or be killed :laugh:

Drafter-T
Jan 29th, 2005, 04:24 PM
I think you just missed the lower clubs that you didn't get. I know if they are way down a dirt road, they don't always show up on the radar if you are on the main roads. Seems like you have to go down the dirt road a ways for some of them to show up, if they are way back there

Infernal Mass
Jan 29th, 2005, 08:50 PM
I let my friend borrow the game, i have alot of other i need to run thru before i ttry to finish mercs. Just finished Prince of Persia 2 now i'm onto KOTOR 2 then MGS3 then Mercs. I did get the queen of clbs before i finished, and i unlocked the Han solo cheat, i used jennifer.

Dactrius
Jan 29th, 2005, 09:07 PM
...and i unlocked the Han solo cheat...

Phew! It's a good job you put a spoiler warning on that, otherwise I'd have been P.O'd! ....... Oh, wait... :peoples:

I should be getting the game in a couple of days or so, since I'm gonna be reviewing it for a website, I'm getting it ahead of release. I can't wait, just your descriptions alone fuel the anticipation!

Drafter-T
Jan 29th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Phew! It's a good job you put a spoiler warning on that, otherwise I'd have been P.O'd! ....... Oh, wait... :peoples:

I should be getting the game in a couple of days or so, since I'm gonna be reviewing it for a website, I'm getting it ahead of release. I can't wait, just your descriptions alone fuel the anticipation!
Hey, that's cool Dactrius. Could you post the link when you get the review finished, or at least shoot it to me in a PM? I'd be interested in reading it.

Also, as far as the spoiler thing, I'm farther along than Infernal Mass is and I have no clue how he unlocked Han Solo (I'm not using Jennifer though). Not that I want to know how I can unlock it, but it's pretty much common knowledge that you can at least unlock that and the ability to be Indiana Jones somewhere in the game.

All I know is this is one of the most intense games I've ever played. I can't believe how hard it's getting. The Clubs were pretty easy overall, but the Diamonds are a different story all-together. That's good though. Alot of games are kinda easy until right at the very end.

Definitely one of the top 5 games I've ever played. :cool:

Infernal Mass
Jan 29th, 2005, 09:40 PM

Also, as far as the spoiler thing, I'm farther along than Infernal Mass is and I have no clue how he unlocked Han Solo (I'm not using Jennifer though). Not that I want to know how I can unlock it, but it's pretty much common knowledge that you can at least unlock that and the ability to be Indiana Jones somewhere in the game.

I didn't actually spoil anything for you Dactrius, I never said anything about Indiana Jones..i was referring to the xbox version. If you collect those bounties like the silver cases (weapons blueprints,national treasures etc) you can unlock supply drops and other neat things.

Dactrius
Jan 29th, 2005, 10:04 PM
I knew there was at least one unlockable character and was looking forward to finding out myself by unlocking them. I never knew it was Han Solo until I read your post, so essentially you did spoil it. But it's not the end of the world or anything, I don't really mind that much. :approve:

Could you post the link when you get the review finished, or at least shoot it to me in a PM?

Yes, certainly, no problem. :)

Drafter-T
Jan 29th, 2005, 10:25 PM
I guess there are different definitions of what a spoiler is. To me, if you tell me I can unlock something, I don't consider that a spoiler. I still have to go figure out how to do it. But if you tell me how to do it, then, yeah that's a spoiler, IMO.

Gamespot had an article about unlocking Indiana Jones and Han Solo a couple of weeks ago. They didn't say how to do it, but they made it pretty obvious that it could be done. I just figured most everybody knew about it.

I sure haven't run across it yet, so nothing is spoiled for me. :arrr:

Dactrius
Jan 30th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Gamespot had an article about unlocking Indiana Jones and Han Solo a couple of weeks ago.

Aah... there's the difference. I avoid reviews/articles for this very reason, they tell me things I'd rather find out myself, like this for example. :laugh:

FATT47
Jan 30th, 2005, 09:15 AM
I guess there are different definitions of what a spoiler is. To me, if you tell me I can unlock something, I don't consider that a spoiler. I still have to go figure out how to do it. But if you tell me how to do it, then, yeah that's a spoiler, IMO.

Gamespot had an article about unlocking Indiana Jones and Han Solo a couple of weeks ago. They didn't say how to do it, but they made it pretty obvious that it could be done. I just figured most everybody knew about it.

I sure haven't run across it yet, so nothing is spoiled for me. :arrr:

As long as you all are layin out some interestin info here that I've never heard about regardin this game, could ya clue me in as to how in an ongoin game I've already started I could use one of those characters ya mention, Indiana Jones mostly I've never really cared for Hans Solo :laugh: so what good does it do to unlock those characters ya mentioned if it happens?
I thought once ya started a game with one of the 3 characters I picked at the start I had to use that one till the conclusion, that's what I figured?

Drafter-T
Jan 30th, 2005, 09:22 AM
I'm just guessing here, since I haven't unlocked either one of them, but I would assume that once you have them unlocked, you would have the option to switch between them and your current character. Just a guess...

Personally, I'm more concerned with how I'm gonna get thru this game right now than I am what my dude looks like, lmao :naughty: !

FATT47
Jan 30th, 2005, 09:45 AM
I'm just guessing here, since I haven't unlocked either one of them, but I would assume that once you have them unlocked, you would have the option to switch between them and your current character. Just a guess...

Personally, I'm more concerned with how I'm gonna get thru this game right now than I am what my dude looks like, lmao :naughty: !

:laugh: I'm not even sure in an ongoin game where I'd look or find a new charater like Indiana Jones even if I had of unlocked him, but see there, that's the difference between you, me and all gamers I guess, we all have different interest in what we're doin in a game.
You, you want to finish your game at the optimum level and wont settle for anything less, Me, I want to have a good lookin character when play and in most cases die and Indian Jones would look real cool with that sniper rifle IMO

You have a mission of succes at all costs :yuck: I have a mission of fun and sight seein while I'm playin my game.
You'll finish this game I'm sure with much higher numbers and better stats, but I bet I see more cool stuff, you probably missed that spa with the fruit punch drinks down by the seawall huh, :bang:

Drafter-T
Jan 30th, 2005, 09:57 AM
:laugh: I'm not even sure in an ongoin game where I'd look or find a new charater like Indiana Jones even if I had of unlocked him, but see there, that's the difference between you, me and all gamers I guess, we all have different interest in what we're doin in a game.
You, you want to finish your game at the optimum level and wont settle for anything less, Me, I want to have a good lookin character when play and in most cases die and Indian Jones would look real cool with that sniper rifle IMO

You have a mission of succes at all costs :yuck: I have a mission of fun and sight seein while I'm playin my game.
You'll finish this game I'm sure with much higher numbers and better stats, but I bet I see more cool stuff, you probably missed that spa with the fruit punch drinks down by the seawall huh, :bang:
Well, I just made an offhanded comment, not directed at anyone but, hey, to each his own. Everybody's got their own ideas and I'm certainly cool with that. I just look at the nuts and bolts more than I do the frills I guess.

Just like Dactrius and I obviously disagree on what a spoiler is and that's cool. That's what makes the world go round.

I do my share of exploring and looking around, but it has a purpose. I want to know more about where everything is at and how to get around. Also I look for the bounties that are hidden here and there when I get to where I want to be a little more laid back.

FATT47
Jan 30th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Well, I just made an offhanded comment, not directed at anyone but, hey, to each his own. Everybody's got their own ideas and I'm certainly cool with that. I just look at the nuts and bolts more than I do the frills I guess.

Just like Dactrius and I obviously disagree on what a spoiler is and that's cool. That's what makes the world go round.

I do my share of exploring and looking around, but it has a purpose. I want to know more about where everything is at and how to get around. Also I look for the bounties that are hidden here and there when I get to where I want to be a little more laid back.

Now I can't even remember what offhanded comment you're referrin to :naughty:
Personally I never think one person is always right about somethin, like ya say, each monkey to their own rope.

If I got depressed or developed a complex about how I was playin all aspects of any game compared to how another gamer was playin it my PS2 would be gatherin a lot of dust.
Sometimes I never finish a game or levels in the game, but that's the way it goes, if it gets borin or to long to solve, I do like I do with most things I don't enjoy, I stop doin em, is that considered quitin, it might be by some, but accordin to me it's a case of not wantin to be bored :bang:

Infernal Mass
Jan 30th, 2005, 07:44 PM
I never knew it was Han Solo until I read your post, so essentially you did spoil it.

your playing the ps2 version correct? Han Solo is the secret character for the xbox version. So how did i spoil anything for you, i never mentioned Indiana Jones, you assumed Han Solo was in the ps2 version as well, which he isn't. It wasn't until Drafter T mentioned it that you knew Indiana Jones was in the game. i didn't spoil anything for you..

Dactrius
Jan 30th, 2005, 08:25 PM
I'm not actually playing any version of the game yet (I didn't mention which I will be playing, my sig was a guess) and it was your mention of Han Solo that led to Drafter T talking about Indiana Jones. Do you think if you hadn't have said anything, he would have mentioned it? I guess that's down to the opinion of the individual.

Regardless I told you it was water under the bridge, why you insist on continuing this is anybody's guess. I know about it, you know about it, everyone who reads this thread will know about it. It can't be helped, so let's stick to the topic please. :)

Infernal Mass
Jan 30th, 2005, 09:46 PM
It seems a bit odd that someone would read a progress thread if they were trying to avoid spoilers. :laugh:

Drafter-T
Jan 30th, 2005, 09:59 PM
I'll be more careful about mentioning stuff like that in the future. I still don't consider what we've talked about a spoiler since nobody has posted exactly how to unlock this stuff, but I can respect the fact that someone might not want to know about it.

I like to read about what can be done in a game without getting step by step info on it. It kinda helps me get a feel for what I can be doing or should be doing, especially in a game like this where you can go so many different directions.

Anyhoo, back on topic, I've managed to get 2 more Diamonds, so I'm up to 7 now. This game is going to take me a while to finish. I'm about 9 days into the game and it's looking like it's going to last quite a while. I don't claim to be a great gamer or anything, but I'm sure not worried about replay value at this point, lol.

There are sure some spectacular battles in this game. When I got the Jack of Diamonds, I had to drive thru a pretty awesome battle between the NK's and the Allies. The explosions and the fire... man, they did a super job on this game.