PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty?........

FATT47
Jan 23rd, 2005, 06:31 AM
I don't have the option for rentin the game in my area and I've only seen a short bit of the single player mode at a friends house, I'm think of gettin the game and the online play is big factor in doin so, my question is can anyone tell me how the online play is?

Most reviews don't go into much detail about how the actual online play is other then 16 players online and yada, yada, yada.
Is the online play good, poor or what?
Does anyone have any details like the options of characters ya can play, the scenario of play or anything really?

Thanks in advance.

FATT47
Jan 23rd, 2005, 07:12 AM
I don't have the option for rentin the game in my area and I've only seen a short bit of the single player mode at a friends house, I'm think of gettin the game and the online play is big factor in doin so, my question is can anyone tell me how the online play is?

Most reviews don't go into much detail about how the actual online play is other then 16 players online and yada, yada, yada.
Is the online play good, poor or what?
Does anyone have any details like the options of characters ya can play, the scenario of play or anything really?

Thanks in advance.

I got back in here to late past the 30 minute editin time and wasn't able change or delete my original message so I'll reply to it and say I found a review of Call of Duty that seemed to answer some of my online questions.
The answers weren't positive in regard to the online quality, the online features and some opinions of lag so I doubt this game would be a good investment for me anyway.

Thanks and sorry if ya waste your time readin all this :zip:

kupoartist
Jan 23rd, 2005, 01:30 PM
Still consider the PC version if you happen to have a good PC. That's probably a lot better than the Console version (well, PS2 anyhow - XBox version probably cuts it).

LrdAlucard
Jan 24th, 2005, 07:25 AM
i played this game at my cousins place, it was good, but i finished it in 1 day...uhm..i guess i didnt have much to do there lol but anyways i felt like it was a really small game compared to MOHAA or H-L and etc... :(

FATT47
Jan 24th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Still consider the PC version if you happen to have a good PC. That's probably a lot better than the Console version (well, PS2 anyhow - XBox version probably cuts it).

Thanks for the reply and suggestion, but I just don't enjoy games much anymore on the pute, Unreal Tournament was the last game I played on my put.
'I also have and have used a Mac for 15 years now, wouldn't give it up or change for anything and I doubt if that game was even ported for the Mac OS.

No biggy, there's quite a bit of new shooters comin out soon so hopefully there'll be at least one good one in that bunch.

FATT47
Jan 24th, 2005, 08:59 AM
i played this game at my cousins place, it was good, but i finished it in 1 day...uhm..i guess i didnt have much to do there lol but anyways i felt like it was a really small game compared to MOHAA or H-L and etc... :(

Whoa! Ya got use to the controls and finished that entire game in one day huh?
You must be one good game player, I tend to go a little slower with games, what with the cost of em I tend to wanna make em last longer then one day, but then again maybe you don't have to pay for your games like I do :smirk:

LeCrap
Jan 24th, 2005, 05:25 PM
the PC version is 100 times better, but I have the PS2 one and it's good. It could've been a lot better, but it's not too bad. Online is okay, too, but I don't like how you have to be near someone to talk to them.

LrdAlucard
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Whoa! Ya got use to the controls and finished that entire game in one day huh?
You must be one good game player, I tend to go a little slower with games, what with the cost of em I tend to wanna make em last longer then one day, but then again maybe you don't have to pay for your games like I do :smirk:

like i said, i was in my cousins house, during summer without anything better to do :P time went on reaaaaaaaaally slowly. lol plus i usually get the hang of shooters really easily. And i had finished MOHAA recently too so i was in a roll :P Besides, i play games cuz i always like to watch the ending sequences....so..ill do about everything i can to finish it quickly :P for RPGs i most of times use a faq or walkthrough when im in need, i dont like to loose too much time with games :P

kupoartist
Jan 27th, 2005, 10:05 AM
I tend to go a little slower with games, what with the cost of em I tend to wanna make em last longer then one day
Tell me about it! On November 16th 2004 Half-Life 2 was released. My friend had it completed on November 17th 2004. I was about half way through. True, he probably skived off school and got a headstart on me, but I was tempted to ask him what the hell the point was in rushing a game he'd been waiting for for 6 goddamned years!

Mind you, HL2 could have been more difficult. He's probably even better at FPS games than I am, especially at the psuedo-CS style of play that HL2 offers, and i'm pretty sure he never got stuck (i did once or twice, but nothing major).