PDA

View Full Version : Guitars?

happy_doughnut
Jan 19th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Hey guys. :)

I need a little help with something.

Next month, the 13th of February, to be exact, I'm going to be celebrating an important event. :D And as is the usual custom, for this event, I want to have a nice gift.

What I have in mind to buy is, yes, you got it: a guitar. :O

My preference is for the acoustic guitars, but electric ones will do, too.

Unfortunately, by now you know that I don't know much of anything XD. Basically, the only "good" brand for guitars (and other musical instruments) I know of is Fender. But alas, many Fenders are really, really expensive. And as a matter of fact, I saw one that I really liked (I think it was called the J5 Telecaster or something...), but it's well around 2,500$!! I don't know about you guys, but that's a lot (especially for someone like me, who has no job).

Before it's too late, I just wanted to know if you guys know any places or names of good guitars. Anything helps.

I want to know now so that, if possible, I can buy this, and if not, I can buy something else.

I'd really appreciate the help!

Thanks in advance. :)

DSgamer
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:31 PM
hun you should check out www.musiciansfriend.com they have some really nice guitar for cheap too i love that site i buy all my stuff there :) and yea some other really good brands are gibson, epiphone, ibanez and they usualy have really awsome starter sets, i started with a black les paul which came in a starter set it wasnt really expensive it was like 200 or so it came with an amp and chord too :) so yea you should start out with something like that.

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:42 PM
A Fender was my first guitar. It was somewhere around 700 bucks and your right that is pricey. If you were going to go electric I would advise and ESP. They perform great for what you pay for them. I think you may beable to get a good new one for around 200-300. Thats usually the Single Cut ESP LTD. Or you can go hardcore and get yourself a PRS, which is probably the best sounding guitar out now.

Berserker
Jan 20th, 2005, 02:13 AM
It's all a matter of taste, just go in a shop and try out a bunch of guitars...if you don't know how to play yet just feel them the balance, the weight and let someone who knows how to play play and just listen to it!

Never buy a guitar without playing on it and never let someone talk you into a guitar...it's a very personal thing.

DSgamer
Jan 20th, 2005, 07:22 PM
yea when i first went to the local guitar shop the guy they showed me the guitar i wanted to buy and he played it and i didnt know what to do so i felt like a dumbass playing chords and then i saw the same guitar online so i bought it, if you see a guitar you like at a store play it there and then look for it online thats what i do :)

when i started playing i stayed far from the guitar shop now i can go in and jam and not feel afraid because i can play pretty good but yea theres always someone there that plays better and makes you feel liek a dumbass lol