PDA

View Full Version : GT3 A-Spec, well I went out and..........

FATT47
Jan 19th, 2005, 09:41 AM
bought the game again, my second try at it, Costco had it for $18 bucks so I thought I'd get it to have somethin for a change.
I had this game way back when and pretty much finished it back then, but I didn't play it with my Logitech DFP wheel so I wanted to check that out now.

I guess I've not played a GT game in so long I forgot how it looked, to tell ya the truth I remembered it lookin alot better then it does right now?
The Replays still look as good, but the in game racin doesn't look anywhere as good as I remembered.

After playin ToCA for a few months I can honestly say I like ToCA better!
Now maybe as I get to the big boy cars in GT3 the big power runnin cars then it might feel better again, but as of now with the jive rinky dink little puke cars ya gotta go with till ya can buy a hot ride I'm not impressed with this game, man, I thought it was much better then this.

The cars seem like arcade cars, even in the simulation mode I started out with, this bangin off walls with no damage and non realistic racin is I guess what I've never liked about the GT series I just forgot how it was.
ToCA on the other hand feels so life like, for a game anyway, it has a much better realistic feel when your runnin you car and with all the action.

Oh well, like I say for the bucks it's a change, until another ToCA came comes out that is LOL and maybe when I get some real race cars in my garage it'll be ok, but as of now my great DFP wheel doesn't even make this game feel as good or even come close to ToCA.
I know this GT game doesn't support the 900 degrees of the wheel but I mean it should play better then this.

Funny how this second go around of the game for me has me lookin at the GT series in a whole different light? :irk:

Drafter-T
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:01 AM
I hear you FATT. TOCA 2 is far and away a better game right now than GT3 is, but it's kinda comparing apples and oranges since GT3 came out what, in 2002? Considering there's like 3 years difference in the 2 games, you've got to expect the newer game to be better than the older one.

I agree with you though, the handling is so much better in TOCA 2 than it is in GT3. Part of that has got to be the 900 deg steering thing, like you mentioned.

There is a way to activate the 900 deg mode in GT3 though, not sure how to do it off the top of my head, but I've read where it can be done. I kinda doubt it would feel as good as TOCA does though in 900 deg mode.

Biggest thing that bothers me about GT3 after playing TOCA 2 for so long, is the lack of damage. You can slam into a wall and never even scratch your car, LMAO!

FATT47
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:15 AM
I hear you FATT. TOCA 2 is far and away a better game right now than GT3 is, but it's kinda comparing apples and oranges since GT3 came out what, in 2002? Considering there's like 3 years difference in the 2 games, you've got to expect the newer game to be better than the older one.

I agree with you though, the handling is so much better in TOCA 2 than it is in GT3. Part of that has got to be the 900 deg steering thing, like you mentioned.

There is a way to activate the 900 deg mode in GT3 though, not sure how to do it off the top of my head, but I've read where it can be done. I kinda doubt it would feel as good as TOCA does though in 900 deg mode.

Biggest thing that bothers me about GT3 after playing TOCA 2 for so long, is the lack of damage. You can slam into a wall and never even scratch your car, LMAO!

LOL Ya know the problem I have regardin the apples and oranges thing and I hope you'll agree with me here when I say not accordin to a particlular GT message board we both know about! :blergh:
They wont and don't think it's apples and oranges at all, GT3 and all GT series games to them are the best racin games on the planet with no exceptions, apples or oranges :bang:

I tell ya my friend, I was actually caught off gaurd yesterday when I put the GT game in the ol PS, it was like puttin in some quarters and bouncin off the walls of an arcade pinball game :roll:

The no damage thing has always ruined the GT series for me, but I've heard that when the PS3 comes out and a new GT5 probably at the same time that there will be some form of damage include, now that might be an improvement.
I've got to spend somemore time today lookin at this game, plus get in some V-8 practice for tonight, Screeeeeeech! :lick:

Drafter-T
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:33 AM
LOL Ya know the problem I have regardin the apples and oranges thing and I hope you'll agree with me here when I say not accordin to a particlular GT message board we both know about! :blergh:
They wont and don't think it's apples and oranges at all, GT3 and all GT series games to them are the best racin games on the planet with no exceptions, apples or oranges :bang:

I tell ya my friend, I was actually caught off gaurd yesterday when I put the GT game in the ol PS, it was like puttin in some quarters and bouncin off the walls of an arcade pinball game :roll:

The no damage thing has always ruined the GT series for me, but I've heard that when the PS3 comes out and a new GT5 probably at the same time that there will be some form of damage include, now that might be an improvement.
I've got to spend somemore time today lookin at this game, plus get in some V-8 practice for tonight, Screeeeeeech! :lick:
Well, GT3 was surely the best racing game out for a long time and I guess everybody just automatically assumes that GT4 will be the best when it finally comes out. It probably will, but for now, I tend to agree with you that at this point in time, TOCA 2 is the best overall racing game I've played.

FATT47
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Well, GT3 was surely the best racing game out for a long time and I guess everybody just automatically assumes that GT4 will be the best when it finally comes out. It probably will, but for now, I tend to agree with you that at this point in time, TOCA 2 is the best overall racing game I've played.

Yep, I guess we're spoiled with ToCA2, I can't wait for a ToCA3 to come out, this game has to have been a good one for Codemasters, this version was a drastic improvement over the first ToCA that's for sure, IMO anyway.

Drafter-T
Jan 19th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Yep, I guess we're spoiled with ToCA2, I can't wait for a ToCA3 to come out, this game has to have been a good one for Codemasters, this version was a drastic improvement over the first ToCA that's for sure, IMO anyway.
Funny how every racing game we talk about always comes back to TOCA 2, lol. I think it's safe to say we like TOCA 2 :approve:

FATT47
Jan 20th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Funny how every racing game we talk about always comes back to TOCA 2, lol. I think it's safe to say we like TOCA 2 :approve:

Well I tell ya, I realize GT3 A-Spec is a couple of years old, but I was amazed at how different quality wise, reality wise and fun wize lookin at it was compared to how much better I think ToCA 2 is.
I hope Codemasters improves on and just makes the next version better, the replay value of this one is awesome, online play makes that possible IMO