PDA

View Full Version : We need better PS2 Golf!

Drafter-T
Jan 15th, 2005, 10:51 PM
What would you like to see in a PS2 golf game?

The Tiger Woods series is good, the best we've got, IMO. Outlaw Golf 2 has been a good addition and the HSG series is ok, but TW is number one in the PS2 world, IMHO. Problem is, EA's TW series seems to have settled into pretty much the same game every year with minor upgrades.

The best golf game I've ever played is the Links series for PC. I played it from the beginning all the way to Links 2004 and loved every minute of it. Haven't played it on Xbox since I don't own one, but in my mind we need a game that's closer to what the Links series was/is on PC.

TW is good, but it's got too many arcade features and the graphics are good, but not great. The Links series was just straight forward golf with awesome graphics and awesome courses, no arcade BS. The gameplay was challenging and you had alot of options as far as types of games you could play.

I'd like to see more of a sim type of golf game. I'm kinda sick of the arcade style games. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

FATT47
Jan 16th, 2005, 11:55 AM
What would you like to see in a PS2 golf game?

The Tiger Woods series is good, the best we've got, IMO. Outlaw Golf 2 has been a good addition and the HSG series is ok, but TW is number one in the PS2 world, IMHO. Problem is, EA's TW series seems to have settled into pretty much the same game every year with minor upgrades.

The best golf game I've ever played is the Links series for PC. I played it from the beginning all the way to Links 2004 and loved every minute of it. Haven't played it on Xbox since I don't own one, but in my mind we need a game that's closer to what the Links series was/is on PC.

TW is good, but it's got too many arcade features and the graphics are good, but not great. The Links series was just straight forward golf with awesome graphics and awesome courses, no arcade BS. The gameplay was challenging and you had alot of options as far as types of games you could play.

I'd like to see more of a sim type of golf game. I'm kinda sick of the arcade style games. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

I agree totally about more sim based games, I really don't like any arcade type of games on my PS2, if I want to play arcade games I'll go to a freakin arcade :yawn:

More online reality is what I would like in a golf game, TW has only 2 player online, if there was 4 player support we could play scrambles and other cool types of scenarios.
All the character creatin stuff is a waste IMO.

Online play, reality, and good butt kickin servers is the answer. :lick:

Drafter-T
Jan 16th, 2005, 01:50 PM
I agree totally about more sim based games, I really don't like any arcade type of games on my PS2, if I want to play arcade games I'll go to a freakin arcade :yawn:

More online reality is what I would like in a golf game, TW has only 2 player online, if there was 4 player support we could play scrambles and other cool types of scenarios.
All the character creatin stuff is a waste IMO.

Online play, reality, and good butt kickin servers is the answer. :lick:
Yeah, there's so much potential with golf online, it's kinda surprising it hasn't gotten better up to this point. One of the problems is EA. They seem so content to just repackage the same game every year and swipe another $50 out of your wallet. Sure wish they had more competition.

FATT47
Jan 16th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Yeah, there's so much potential with golf online, it's kinda surprising it hasn't gotten better up to this point. One of the problems is EA. They seem so content to just repackage the same game every year and swipe another $50 out of your wallet. Sure wish they had more competition.

LMAO! They've swiped the last $50 out of my pocket my friend :scream: :nono:

Hey, I'm gettin along pretty good in OG, I'm workin on Donna now and I'm gettin to the point where I'm tryin to decide on one character to be my permanent player, once I figure it out maybe we can try another game online?

Drafter-T
Jan 16th, 2005, 05:13 PM
LMAO! They've swiped the last $50 out of my pocket my friend :scream: :nono:

Hey, I'm gettin along pretty good in OG, I'm workin on Donna now and I'm gettin to the point where I'm tryin to decide on one character to be my permanent player, once I figure it out maybe we can try another game online?
We can try Outlaw Golf online again, but the last few times we tried it, we could'nt even finish a match. That game has been kinda disappointing online.

FATT47
Jan 16th, 2005, 05:55 PM
We can try Outlaw Golf online again, but the last few times we tried it, we could'nt even finish a match. That game has been kinda disappointing online.

I agree, OG should be much better then it is online, there aren't that many features to push. :irk: :weep: :cussing: :boo:

Drafter-T
Jan 16th, 2005, 05:59 PM
I agree, OG should be much better then it is online, there aren't that many features to push. :irk: :weep: :cussing: :boo:
Yeah, I mean it's bad enough that we can't use mics and we don't have some sort of Buddy List in that game, but then you start a game and can't even finish it half the time, lol. Oh well, that's what you get for $20 I guess.

I kinda got burned out on OG2 anyway. I may go back to it, but I got sick of waiting on the AI to make a decision. It takes forever to play some of those matches.