PDA

View Full Version : Your style? How come?

happy_doughnut
Jan 6th, 2005, 01:04 AM
I was reading some threads earlier this evening, and I came across a post by trunks, which said something about the "cool Abercrombie shirts". I don't know if it is a sort of saying or something to that effect, but it struck me as incredibly true. Heh, but at the same time, I looked down at my own shirt and felt the urge to cover up the big A|X (Armani Exchange) logo on it. :blush:

Also, when I read that, I felt the sudden necessity to create a thread asking about the member's own specific style.

What is your clothing style? How do you normally wear your clothes (hopefully on...), your hair, your accessories, ect.? Why do you wear these types or clothes? Because they are fashionable or because they are comfortable? Are you one of the people whom refuse to classify themselves into a specific clothing style clique? Why? Also, what is your definition or "style" and your views and opinions on it?

I will post mine later, as I'm sure that once I do, everyone will think I'm very, very vain. :heh:

Berserker
Jan 6th, 2005, 02:37 AM
Ok, I'll start but I find this quite hard to put in words. All my clothes need to be comfortable otherwise I won't wear it...I find it kinda strange to wear clothes that aren't comfortable just because they look good. I wear a lot of baggy clothes not the extreme things with the big ass pockets on the trousers...but very loose fit at least. I used to wear it when I skateboarded ten years ago and I still wear it alot nowadays. Allthough I wear a lot of sportgear nowadays like sweatpants, air maxies etc. just because they're so extremely comfortable and durable.
My hairstyle is shaven bald with a baseballcap(I always wear that). I hope this gives you an idea of my clothing style(if there is such a thing for me)

tempted
Jan 6th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Style? Fashion?...okay..let's see...i would say that most of the clothes i wear people consider fashionable...although i have to feel comfortable in them or i won't use it...if i like the way they look on me, i'll use it if i don't then there's no way i'll wear them...but i can't say that i'm usually really "dressed" because with my job i have a lot of free days and normally i stay at home...wich means no clothes...just comfy and fun pajamas...as for my hair...now that is something i don't do a lot to...it doesn't matter what's fashionable or not...i like my hair somewhat long and straight...and no weird colors either, brown looks good on me. Accessories...i'm insane for watches...like i have one of almost each color...as for everthing else i'm not much of a fan of accessories...just a ring or so in my right hand...always in my right hand...and yeah...that's me...there's not much more to say about me in this subject.:)

RobHardo
Jan 6th, 2005, 08:38 AM
I mix styles i think. Some days I am fine with a pair of jeans, a vintage t-shirt, and some flip flops. Other days i am in my skater attire. and then i guess on dates and goin out with my friends its the american eagle style(abercrombie is a bad company). But i guess most of the time im content in some Umbros(soccer shorts) and a pair of slip on vans(the checkerboard ones)

I leave my hair alone. It's fine as it is, and i'm not gunna do anything that will make it want to go away. The style i guess is either really shaggy long, or shaved.

Dactrius
Jan 6th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Nobody touches my hair! :boom: It's black and long and that's the way it stays! >.<

I wear dark clothes, black preferably, though dark blue is often a second choice. I don't feel comfortable in light-coloured clothes and I'm not sure why. They need to be baggy and loose, so I don't have a problem moving around and I don't care about any brand-name clothing (Though ironically that's all I seem to have - that's what you get for taking your mother and sister shopping with you). I sometimes wear my silver-coloured Umbro watch, but that's more for practical use than to accessorize. I also like to wear baseball caps, though with long hair it looks a little odd to some people.

Like I care... :disgust:

trunks69420
Jan 6th, 2005, 09:23 AM
i do not wear clothes.

Phenom
Jan 6th, 2005, 12:13 PM
My style is similar to berserkers. I like for my clothes to be loose (very loose). I do wear name brands (timberland, jordan, nike) mainly because they come in the sizes I'm looking for. Colors.... "shrugs" main color I wear is either red, white, or black. I cannot wear fitted or tight clothing since there's no breathing room. My hair.... I get braids every other week.

Accessories aren't me what so ever.

Vic Viper
Jan 6th, 2005, 12:16 PM
i dont have any style scew style. i wear the clothes thats most confortable to me. :smirk:

Vic Viper
Jan 6th, 2005, 12:17 PM
i do not wear clothes.

damn hippie. :lmao:

Chara
Jan 6th, 2005, 01:28 PM
My hair is usually short (well... except for now since I really am just being lazy and dont want to go to the barber). I wear buttoned shirts a lot, except I never button them. The second I button up a shirt I feel like a nerd or a little kid. I usually wear baggy jeans.

LrdAlucard
Jan 6th, 2005, 04:33 PM
I dont have any particular style. My fav colors are dark colors, mainly black and dark blue, so thats what i use the most.. black jeans, black shirt, and black boots. Nothing more. of courser i have a few pairs of each :P i dont dress up ALWAYS the same clothes :roflmao: dont use a watch, my cell phone is enough. no hats of any source..well...just that lol :| my mom's always cranky, she thinks i make ppl depressed and i depress myself using black clothes, but i like it that way, so if ppl get depressed with my clothes, then they shouldnt look at me ever again! lol bah ..

Urahara Kisuke
Jan 6th, 2005, 06:09 PM
I usually have baggy zip off pants that are usually a darker color. Lately though I have been just wearing the shorts and many people think that is weird since it is winter.
My shirts are usually anime related or just seem cool to me.
My hair is a little farther than my neck and it is brownish.
My shoes are usually Nikes.
Lately I have been wearing a sweater all the time with the hood up. Also many people ask me why I wear a sweater, but have shorts on all the time.
Iono, I just wear anything that I like, no matter how mismatch my outfit may be.

Oderus
Jan 6th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Anything Black

DSgamer
Jan 6th, 2005, 10:00 PM
ok i usualy wear loose jeans, actualy, all i wear are loose jeans, or jean shorts, all blue or black, then i wear a black shirt with some band on it (black sabbath, ac dc, etc.) sometimes i wear a buttoned shirt on top of them when its cold, sometimes i wear longsleeve black blue or white shirts under my black shirts or under buttoned shirts. when i dont have a band or concert shirt on i have a plain black or blue shirt, during summer and breaks i let my hair grow and i have what is known as a power fro, during school time i have really short hair and all of my clothing is loose, not gangsta loose, just loose fiting, and i dont sag :-D tada!

DSgamer
Jan 7th, 2005, 06:54 PM
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/arellano_roque/_images/Diego/000_3363.jpg
i look like that

Vic Viper
Jan 7th, 2005, 07:37 PM
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/arellano_roque/_images/Diego/000_3363.jpg
i look like that

show your face sexy..:naughty:

jasper27
Jan 7th, 2005, 08:02 PM
I like to wear whatever is comfortable. Comfort is important to me.

DSgamer
Jan 8th, 2005, 02:17 AM
vic viper, you're freaky deaky in da booty im not showing you my face

squirms_619
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:12 PM
I like comfort but I have been told that I dress kinda preppy(although I don't think I do). I like to wear jeans(cargo from old navy) usually blue,dark brown or light, and my shirts are sometimes from there as well of course with there logo on it and just a plain white shirt and my favorite shirt is a muscle shirt with california on it(the word) and a pic of a wave and surf board. Also I wear a necklece(if thats how you spell it) made of black and white beads with brown sea shells (small~round). my hair style is vary short on the sides and short on the top but not as short as the sides also the top is dyed(spelling?) blonde but not really yellow, I then gel my hair if I go anywhere and spike it only in the front. I'm pretty sensative about how I look so I also try to keep in shape. :shy:

Vic Viper
Jan 10th, 2005, 03:34 AM
vic viper, you're freaky deaky in da booty im not showing you my face

:weep:

DSgamer
Jan 11th, 2005, 12:38 AM
fine fine il post a pic later

Pu the Owl
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:12 PM
My style is eclectic and varied, but I always try to be original. I don't mind brands most of the times: if I like something, I like it brands or not. I do prefer to combine clothing items in a personal way, depending on the mood. I mostly wear black, burgundy, red, plum, olive green, gray. I like white too, but I think it sucks on me, so I try to not use it too much. I hate wearing blue, pastel or brown colors. In general, I'm a maniac of colors, tones, shades etc... I have a preference for Doc Martens shoes. I also have a passion for hair dyes and sunglasses.

Vic Viper
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:59 PM
fine fine il post a pic later

im just messing with you. you dont have to show it if you dont want to. :P

REChick14
Jan 11th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Hmmmm fashion.... Well lets see I dont really have a specific type of style. I just wear whats comfortable, cute, and covers up so my parents dont yell at me. I love jeans, tight jeans but not too tight. I also like to wear skirts. I like showing off my legs since people have commented saying I have nice legs so im like ok i'll show these bad boys. Shirts, well it depends what mood im in. If i feel like dressing up I wear pretty colorful shirts. I have problems with shirts. Lets just say im well endowed in the frontal area. I cant wear low cut tops, plus I have to get bigger sizes because of my chest. My parents watch me like a hawk if I wear a shirt they dont like. I call them the "evil eyes". When im tired I throw on a sweatshirt and im ready to go. Hair is usually put up in a pony tail. I have long hair and too lazy to do it. Sometimes I straighten it. Lol my aunt is envious of my hair so everytime I know shes coming over I straighten it. When shes around I flip my hair. She goes you b****! lol she doesnt mean it, we always play around. For jewlery I like dangly earings, I love rings with my birthstone. Im obsessed, whenever I see a ring with the garnet stone I ask for it as a gift. Im a sneaker kind of gal. Not into dressy shoes unless its for a special ocassion. I usually wear the same pair of sneakers for a year. Well that about wraps it up. I hope you enjoyed reading about my sense of style.

happy_doughnut
Jan 17th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Well, now that everyone shared theirs, I'll share mine.

But first, I must say that it was very interesting to read about all these different choices in clothes. Whether you believe it or not, I think that everyone, conscious or unconsciously, has their own style and that a lot can be told and seen by the way a person decides to dress themself. :D

Now, onto what I wear:

I wear just about anything. I wear jeans, slacks, skirts, ect. The only things I don't wear (much or not at all) are dresses, shorts, and "revealing" shirts. I get embarrased :blush:.

That said, onto the specifics...

I'm a maniac for brands. If it's not a "brand-name" thing, then chances are I won't wear it. This may sound ultra vain, but it's true. I love going places dressed in top-notch clothes. Anything from Club Monaco, Versace, Caché, Armani Exchange, Gucci, D&G, LV... and so on and so forth, I love. I absolutely love the feeling that I get when I go into these stores and buy, and buy, and buy, and then eventually walk out with more bags than I can carry. :love:

I also like stores such as AE, Gap, Zara, Sack's 5th Ave., and Wet Seal (for when I feel spiffy :cool: ) to stock up on school wear.

I tend to buy all of my clothes from these stores. Usually, you'll find me wearing some slacks, and either a screen T or a button-up blouse. I really like wearing t-shirts with witty sayings on them, but not anything like "Princess" and what have you. I like my t-shirts solid, too.

With blouses, I really enjoy stripes or checkers. These can be multicolored, but not rainbow-like...

My look is rather clean. I don't like to over do it, because it attracts attention and well... nah.

I'm also a fan of the Jack Purcell sneakers. I always wear these. Sometimes, I go out and buy paints and just dab them (the white part) with colors. Makes my sneakers me. =D

Overall, I like to wear my hair up with a bunch on bangs in the front. I wear glasses, so this combo makes it hard to see my eyes. I wear shirts that are neither to tight nor too loose. For the bottom, I usually wear slacks (instead of jeans) that are comfy. Then my sneakers.

I also heart belts! I always wear belts to match my outfit. To top it all off I wear A LOT of jewelry. All fake stuff, though. I wear like a gazillion bracelets on my left wrist, with one or to on my right, along with my watch (I love watches, too... so I have a lot to match my outfits... too.) I have a bunch of necklaces because I like them too, but I only wear one at a time. Rings I like, but don't wear much. Usually 2 or 3, which are enough because I like them huge. XD
I'm not a fan of earrings, though.

That's me. My style can't be matched! But then again, maybe that's only cause even I don't know my own style. Bah.

Yep. I love to match, wear accesories, and wear expensive clothes. I guess I can be called a snob. >__<

Ultimately, though... I have reasons for being like this. All I can say is that somehow, having loads of fancy clothes stocked in the closet still with tags makes me content. These material things sort of... fill the emptiness inside. Aferall, its easier to go into a designer store and buy clothes to make you feel complacent, than it is to find happiness that money cannot buy. Maybe it's only a superficial and materialistic happiness, but I think that some happiness is better than none at all.

Oh, and I'm not rich, either. Imagine the debts. O_O

Redpyramidhead
Jan 18th, 2005, 06:48 AM
Mena, that is so far the most interesting one I've read in this thread! And you think you are vain simply by trying to make a work of art out of your style. I see nothing wrong with that, in fact, when I am going out with friends and special occasions I do the exact same thing. I may not have a bunch of fancy brand names though. My wardrobe consists mostly of things I find that I can picture myself in and feeling like ME in. That may include a black hoody with GIANT red dragon-lige tribal designs on it or a pair of nice really loose fitting brown pants with cargo pockets. Love those. Oh and my fav shirt? Right now it's either this oversized black one with a kinda cloudy design all over with a big celtic cross on the front with all these nifty designs drawn in with a rather mean looking black dragon holding it :D (I love it I love it!) or my dark green one made by the saem company I think (as you can tell I don't pay enough attention to that perhaps?) and it has Dream Catcher on the front that is shaped to look like a PEACE sign :D not to mention the 2 PEACE pipes with unidentified smoke coming out of them ;) I like tribal looking designs you know like that modern tribalk stuff yo usee all over the place these days, but also old school tribal stuff like I have a shirt I bought in Colombia that has designs on it that represents the main indigenous tribe in that part of the country. I also had this charm if you will that I wore around my neck for a long time I think it's been misplaced possibly which I feel bad about because it was this Aztec symbol bought in New MExico by a friend... there was a thunderbird on it with a turqoise gemstone mounted on it, both of which have deep spiritual meaning. I tend to try n wear things with spiritual meaning when I can. It helps me feel together and grounded as well as far away at the same time. Also, I used to have a tone of rings on my hands, but I need new ones because those were cheap and got all bent outta shape except one which I will never take off n leave off cuz it has helped me get thru a lot of hard times. Actually I guess you can say I wear a lot of different "charms" over time that are supposed to help bring me good vibes and some of them do. As for my hair, it used to be wicked long like down to my shoulders at one point and I had a total kurt cobain thing going on or something, maybe even a lil trent reznor, with that hair length, but it started to get outta control cuz I could never maintain it and keep it presentable that long so I had it all cut off one day last summer down to a rather short cut. I think I got kinda like a Scott Wieland thing going on now. It kind sticks up on the top just a little bit like it wants to be spiked but its not. And yes, I am the type of person who would decorate themself in tattoos even though I have not quite ever gotten one. When I do they are going to be designed by myself. Yeah, so I'm pretty random sometimes... makes me happy. Oh yeah and I tend to wear shades all summer long.

_RED_ stuff